5'5" - 5'6" women- goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5'5" here and goal was initially 145. Reached it and now my doctor would like to see me lose another 15 to 25.
  • janergarrett
    Options
    My goal is 125 and I am currently 138 at the age of 41. The thing is for me, I was 100 pounds when I got married, yes, way too skinny. My thinking is, as long as I exercise and eat a fairly healthy diet (which is very hard for me) the actual weight doesn't matter. Once I hit 39, my metabolism totally changed and that is when I gained my weight. Keep in mind, I do triathlons and average 6 hours of cardio a week but ice cream is a weakness and I don't do a lot of fruits and veggies!:laugh:
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Age 44, 5'5.5" goal weight 145 for now--but think I'd really like to be 138-140.

In college I was 133 but was swimming/lifting weights 3-5 hours a day.
    I was 140 before getting pregnant 14 years ago.

And currently I am at 152 and size 10/12. I really want to know what brand of clothes those of you who are in 4/5 or 5/6s wear. :>
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    128 lbs, because for some reason that exists only in my head, I MUST WEIGH LESS THAN 130 lbs to be happy.

(I used to hold at 124 lbs, but I look sort of like a meth head with inexplicably good teeth at that weight.)

I'm a gym rat and weight train on the heavy side.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    5'6'' my goal is anywhere from 125-130 but that may change as I plan on starting a lifting program.
  • emilydiehl08
    Options
    i'm a little over 5'6....closer to 5'7. My goal weight was 145, but I recently hit the 148 mark and still have a lot to go I realized. My new goal is 140, but with muscle!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" 50yrs old , my goal is 148, I am at 152 now so only a few more lbs to go I knowbit is silly but I want to get below 150
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    5'5''

Goal is ~114 lbs

Will re-evaluate how I feel when I get there.
  • denisedavis1976
    denisedavis1976 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" my goal is 145. I need to lose 12 LB. my frame is average.
  • mintybluetotoro
    mintybluetotoro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal is somewhere between 112 and 109. I'm young and have very small hips, and all my weight gain is in my stomach and thighs so while I don't weigh that much, I don't have a great body. I plan to build up more muscle after that though, so my final goal will be a more muscular 118 or so. That seems low, but I have a small frame so a little extra fat really shows.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    MY goal is 145. Last time I weighed that much or that little.. lol I was around size 7/8
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    160. Because it's a weight I know I can maintain, and I can always reevaluate once I get there and see if I want to keep going. I have a stockier build anyway, so when I get down below 140, people start telling me I look ill.
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    I'm 20 years old and 5'5 and my goal weight is 130-135....no higher than 145!!!
  • psykins
    psykins Posts: 76
    Options
    5'6 - My goal for right now is 150. That will put me on the very uper edge of a healthy BMI, and health is what I'm focused on right now.

Of course, I'd also like to look better, but the thing is that I was never overweight until the past few years, and I was around 145-150 my Freshman year in college, even when running a LOT because I was in Navy ROTC. So, I really don't know that going any lower would be a goal for me. I think at one point during high school I was 135, but that's the lowest I can remember being since puberty.
  • trbilbao
    trbilbao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 47 - 5'5" and shrinking:) My goal weight is 135 based on my previous weight before kids.

I think I will decide if I need to adjust that once I get closer. I tend to build muscle when I work out, so it may not be realistic anymore. As long as I feel fit and feel good in my clothes, I think that will determine my end weight.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Just reading this thread shows how different we all are :smile:
    I'm 5'5½, and my highest weight was 146 which for me was really big. I'm currently 138 and hoping to get down to somewhere between 125 and 130. Sometimes when I see photos of people on here around my height and they say they're like 160 or 170 I think "no way, you're way smaller than me"!

I think a lot of it is down to frame, genetics, body composition etc and everybody needs to find their own weight that they feel well and look good at!
  • teresabice
    teresabice Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    155 just like you. I chose it from a couple of factors. I was my healthiest most toned in high school and was never able to maintain a weight below 150. I have a high muscle content with medium build at 5' 6". I don't want to be anorexic and right now at 174 I'm wearing a size 8 jeans which according to a lot of sites is already a healthy core size. I was 245 pounds when I started and wanted to be realistic of a weight I have a proven albeit short track record of being able to maintain. :smile:
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    199. I can't look beyond that right now. Maybe I'll want to lose more weight when I get there, but who knows. I don't see myself ever being on the "ideal" weight charts, but if I look and feel OK, I won't care.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Because I started lifting, I eventually said goodbye to the scale and got some calipers and a measuring tape. I weigh about 15 pounds more than my original goal weight, but I look and feel amazing, and that's because muscle just takes up less space than fat. :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    5'6, goal weight is 120lbs. But as I'm getting closer, I may lower it a bit. Or just keep doing what I'm doing and let whatever happens happen. :tongue: