Racism Survey.... Would you:

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour? Yes.
    2) Adopt a child of a different colour? Yes.(if i was to adopt)
    3) Allow your child to date/marry someone of a different colour? Yes
    4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour? Yes

i feel sorry for anyone who answers no.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour?
    2) Adopt a child of a different colour?
    3) Allow your child to date/marry someone of a different colour?
    4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour?

I ask these questions, because they came up in a conversation with my (now-ex) BF, and I was completely SHOCKED at his answers.

For me: it's a "yes" to all 4. I really don't care if you're black, white, red, yellow, or blue. Unless you're blue because you're choking. Then I'd probably help you.

1) If they were really attractive who cares what color they are
    2) I don't think I would ever adopt
    3) Of course
    4) Yes. As long as it's a match and functions correctly why wouldn't you.

Same answers for me except #2. Why would I want to raise someone elses when I wanna choke my own all the time?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour?

1.) I am and I am also of a different colour.
    2.) IF I were to adopt, then yes, babies are babies, they need love. (and by babies I mean all ages of dependants)
    3.) that is not my choice, but I would worry if her relationship was unsafe. I would still love, support and help her.
    4.) yes. colour does not affect efficacy
  • epicrockstar24
    Options
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour? Ultimately I guess my answer would be yes, but they'd really have to make a good impression first, but I'm just not as attracted to other races as much so I don't generally go for them in the first place, and they'd stil probably wind up friend zoned. It's not so much because of there skin color as it is more of what I find myself physically attracted to. I couldn't have a relationship with someone if there was no physical attraction, maybe that makes me shallow, but I think it's important.
    2) Adopt a child of a different colour? Probably not
    4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour? Yes.
  • SafiyaBWG
    SafiyaBWG Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes to all of them... I mean, If you fall in love and want to marry, do you care about their skin ?
    Adopting a child is to help a kid, so if I help people, I don't care who I help (at least that's how I see it)
    My child / children have to make their own choices, but I hope I'll raise them not to care about skin colour or anything other than the true value of people, so no question there. And, damn, if I need a kidney or whatever I'm not gonna be picky, like we're all pink inside anyway !
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Of course yes to all.

Iis someone actually going to come on here and say no basically admitting to prejudice?

Instead, I'll refuse to accept any organs from a person of the same race as me.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    1) Every guy I date is of a different race or ethnicity (not necessarily a different color- I can get pretty tan!) :laugh:
    2) I dunno about adopt... but my own 3 kids are mixed and I'll be fostering kids of any race or ethnicity
    3) Of course! ...If I ever let them date, that is.... :wink:
    4) Nah, I'd rather die. :huh: Uh, yeah, I would... and be rather grateful to the family!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Irony2.jpg
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    1) No... because it does not turn me on.
    2) No... because i dont want to adopt
    3) Yes of course
    4) Yes in a heartbeat
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour? - Yes
    2) Adopt a child of a different colour? Yes
    4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour? Yes

So easy to answer.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Yes...but not someone who spelled "color" as "colour"
    If I was to adopt a child (I probably never will), color would not likely be a factor.
    Of course, I did/do. (Can you even allow/disallow kids to do anything these days? Haha)
    Of course.
  • TimSPC
    TimSPC Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes to all as long as they're not Canadian.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    1. Not unless I am attracted to them
    2. No because I am never having children adopted or not
    3. See above
    4. Yes
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Yes to all. It's like I tell my kids, people are like eggs. The color of the shell depends on the chicken, but they all taste the same!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    1) Already did
    2) Already did
    3) They already have
    4) ...as my dad says...we all bleed red..so yea...
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Honestly there is nothing wrong with preferences.. It doesn't make you a racist. I've been with certain girls of X ethnicity and found I didn't mesh well. Being attracted to someone with big boobs doesn't make you a bad person, so why does being attracted to Y race make you a racist? Being attracted to the opposite sex doesn't mean that you hate homosexuals. You can't compare apples and oranges.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    1. Yes, provided they do not drop the 'u' from colour.
    2. No.
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes.
  • amber_michelle30
    amber_michelle30 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My guy of 14 yrs is a beautiful black man. We have 2 even more beautiful children together. So yes, yes, yes, and yes:-)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Honestly there is nothing wrong with preferences.. It doesn't make you a racist. I've been with certain girls of X ethnicity and found I didn't mesh well. Being attracted to someone with big boobs doesn't make you a bad person, so why does being attracted to Y race make you a racist? Being attracted to the opposite sex doesn't mean that you hate homosexuals. You can't compare apples and oranges.

Because not every person of a race acts the same way. :flowerforyou:
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Yes, my husband is Latino. Even before I was married, I never dated an Asian man.

Yes. My kids are biracial and I was adopted transracially (my parents are Caucasian).

Yes, they are allowed to date and marry whomever they wish, as long as their partners love them and treat them well.

Yes, absolutely.
This discussion has been closed.