Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5'5" - 5'6" women- goal weight?

Replies

• CGBUN
    CGBUN Posts: 8
    I was always told that at 5 feet you should weigh 100 pounds, and 5 pounds for every inch thereafter. That's quite thin at my age; I'm not sure I can get back to that skinny. It's better if you look at health issues; I"ve heard that losing 10% of your body weight is good to prevent diabetes, heart issues, etc. when in doubt ask your doc. I set my goal to lose 30 pounds as a start, that'd put me at 5/6 and 160 although I'd like to be 150 or better, but that may not happen. What's important is the amount I've lost, not so much where I am now. average frame. I've kind of stalled at the moment, not quite as obsessive at charting as I was orginally.
  • cyndilie
    cyndilie Posts: 52
    I'm 5' 6" with a goal weight of 150. Currently at 158 (started at 171.5), size 10/12 with a medium frame (long legs). Twelve years ago I was at 145 and very pleased with my overall look, but now that I'm older (56) not sure if I can maintain 145. Obviously I didn't maintain it in my 40's either but that was before I knew about MFP and changed my lifestyle. I got to 145 by crashing and starving all those years ago. Anyway, heading for 150 for now and will see what happens next.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,640 Member
    125-130
  • sexysissie
    sexysissie Posts: 7 Member
    I am 5'5" and my goal weight is 150 .
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member
    I was at one time 5'7", but after 2 spinal surgeries I am down to 5'6". The lowest I ever was as an adult (25) was 136. I was super lean at that time and was at the lowest possible weight my body could carry and not look sickly. At almost 50 now, I don't see myself ever getting that low again, but 145 would be fabulous! I will be happy with 150-155 to keep me in the healthy BMI range.
    I carry about 10 more pounds than the average woman my height due to my muscle mass, and 'girls'. lol
  • ErinG6191
    ErinG6191 Posts: 33 Member
    i am 5'5" and currently weigh 148. I would like to be 135-140.
  • Pande
    Pande Posts: 33
    I'm 5' 5.5"

I want to be anywhere between 128 lbs to 145 lbs
    I set my MFP goal to 140 lbs and once I get there I'll figure out where to go from there!

I /think/ I have a medium size frame and from what I can tell my hips will always be pretty wide no matter how much weight i lose.

I also want to be semi-muscular, so I put my goal in the heavier side hoping it will be muscle weight too
  • It all depends on how my body feels/looks. If i am fit and have a good body fat % then i will maintain. I would like to look fit and not jiggle. lol
  • jenna808
    jenna808 Posts: 79 Member
    5'6", with an original goal of 140 lbs. I'm currently 148, but have a high body fat %, so my main goal is getting that down and tracking inches lost, which judging by my body now I'd estimate 135 would be about where I'd like to stay.
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    5'6"-150...
  • runbreatherelax
    runbreatherelax Posts: 7 Member
    My goal/maintenance weight is about 122. I am now about 128 (down from 190 at the highest).

I am extremely small framed though.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Am 5'5 and my first goal is 150-145. And once there hoping to strive for 130s
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    I'm 5'6 27 years old. I started over 160 and am at 143 now. I feel awesome and am much happier with my appearance, but still have some serious love handles. I think I'll be happy with starting maintenance around 130-135. Right now the goal is 135.
  • Twinklegirl34
    Twinklegirl34 Posts: 59 Member
    5'5" current weight 130 maintaining for around a month aim to loose final 10 but in no hurry, working on building fitness, lowering body fat and putting in place long term healthy life style, rather than 'diet'
  • I am 5'6" almost 5'7" and my ideal weight is 130lbs. At 125 I fit a size 2, and below that I look emaciated and a size zero.
    It all depends on your frame size. Right now I am about 137-140, and I fit a size 8.
  • thirteencor
    thirteencor Posts: 2 Member
    I am 5'6", turning 40 this year. Aiming for 130-135 (I have a smallish frame).
  • ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    160ish

I really prefer to be toned, etc regardless of what my weight ends up being. But my goal is to be a size 7/8.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    At 5'6" and 121 pounds, I'm thin but definitely not tooooo thin. I'm 24 and have a small frame, so it works for me. I wouldn't mind dropping down to 115-117 but I'm not actively trying for that. If it happens, it happens!
  • Pande
    Pande Posts: 33
    I'm 5' 5.5"

I want to be anywhere between 128 lbs to 145 lbs
    I set my MFP goal to 140 lbs and once I get there I'll figure out where to go from there!

I /think/ I have a medium size frame and from what I can tell my hips will always be pretty wide no matter how much weight i lose.

I also want to be semi-muscular, so I put my goal in the heavier side hoping it will be muscle weight too

dang I just took the frame type test. I thought I was medium framed but it turns out I'm small-framed! That means my goal should be even smaller haha;;;

I'm only 23 so its possible for me to muster up the energy to get there. I'll keep my goal 140 still and then I'll make a new goal of 118-131 range after I achieve this one
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    I'm 5'6" with large frame (per wrist test) and 59 yrs old....my personal goal weight is 154-155 lbs. Once there, I may re-look at things. I am focused on lowering BF% to 29% and having leaner muscle mass.