This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options

Replies

• Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Its unbelievable what they try and sell us as "real"
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Posting for two reasons... One, to follow and read more later.

Two, I'll be the brave soul to post before/after Photoshop photos. I had a photo shoot back at the beginning of May. I'll pull the un-retouched photos that I selected, and I'll post the side-by-side of the finished product. I've been told by the photographer that he doesn't over PS the photos, so we'll see. It should be interesting. I'll have a few to post by the end of the week.

You're already hot what could they possibly do to you?! I'd thought to offer to edit someones on here to show a before and after but I just don't have the time! I can't wait to see!

Haven't forgotten about you guys! Still waiting on my edited photos from the photographer.

I'm just having what is supposed to be minor retouching done. I have a lot of excess skin from my weight loss, and it definitely shows in the proofs. So, it's supposed to just be fixing lighting, stray hairs, and smoothing things, but not to excess. We'll see...
  • Missyann52
    Missyann52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    bump bump
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    In.
  • BoudyGirl
    BoudyGirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me wonder why there is a need for photography of actual human beings. Why not just switch to completely computer generated "people?"
  • dolly3186
    dolly3186 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bumping this to read later. verrrry interesting!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • eautrey124
    eautrey124 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    That leads me to a whole other rant

Understanding Parent companies

155b2e11_parent-companies-large.jpg

(right click, open image in new tab)

Every brand you can think of, for the most part, has a parent company. That parent company owns and controls your favorite brands, without any evident marking that shows it's origin. No one can sit down and memorize who owns what but it's important to remember when considering new brands.

For example, above we mentioned that Unilever owns Ben and Jerrys, they also own Good Sense, Breyers, Popcycle, Fudgecycle, Cornetto, Klondike and Magnum ice-cream brands also. Makes it very ironic that they would own SlimFast.

The key here is that they clearly have no principal. Only want money and will have a marketing campaign to match a brand that will cater to every type of consumer.

Lets look at P&G
    Do you prefer Cheer cause it's cheap, or Tide because it's reliable?
    Do you prefer Bounce or Downy dryer sheets?
    Dawn or Joy in your dishes?
    It really doesn't F*#^'n matter because it's made by the same people.

Bottom line, don't pay attention to advertising. They will sell one product to the stay at home mom, and sell the same product under a different name to the business woman.

Yes, this is how the economy works.

Nothing new.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • pixelled
    pixelled Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    As if Aisha Tyler isn't already hot enough, crazy how many changes they made to her apperance..

tumblr_mldal73nc41qduh58o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mldal73nc41qduh58o2_1280.jpg
  • pixelled
    Options
    No matter how i size the photo this forum keeps cropping it.. even when i size it super small.. so you can't see all the notes :(
    983f005a-904e-4faa-aa5e-903a2f7530a5.jpg
  • FeelingLessChubby
    FeelingLessChubby Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just saw this today - it's Tom Sturridge and Sienna Miller in the new Burberry campaign. Ok - she's a slim girl - but her waist is smaller than her head in this photo...

Sienna-Miller-and-Tom-Sturridge-featuring-in-the-Burberry-Autumn_Winter-2013-Campaign-de.jpg
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This type of photoshopping should be illegal. It's a big, fat lie.
  • pixelled
    Options
    This type of photoshopping should be illegal. It's a big, fat lie.

It is such a disservice to women and can really be dangerous for young girls striving for a body image that doesn't exist anywhere but in pixels.
  • sabineliebling
    Options
    Just saw this image posted on FB - crazy! I love the before pic, btw, that would be a goal body for me. The 2nd looks like a comic book superheroine.

photoshop_zpsd4d4f3d4.jpg
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Browsing this thread and noticed the ad scrolling across the bottom:- for PS type software (several different types in fact-I've identified about 3). Now that's got to be ironic.
    :huh:
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    A variation on the theme. Picked this link up of another thread. Very interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-dixon/weight-loss-secrets