Racism Survey.... Would you:

Replies

• Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    1) Am already married, so no. But if I wasn't married, I wouldn't go by race/color.
    2) Yes. (If we were capable.)
    3) Yes. If they truly love them, why not?
    4) Does it freakin matter?! We are all the same inside and all have the same organs. If I need a gorram organ, I don't give a shtako who it came from! lol
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour?
    2) Adopt a child of a different colour?
    3) Allow your child to date/marry someone of a different colour?
    4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour?

I ask these questions, because they came up in a conversation with my (now-ex) BF, and I was completely SHOCKED at his answers.

For me: it's a "yes" to all 4. I really don't care if you're black, white, red, yellow, or blue. Unless you're blue because you're choking. Then I'd probably help you.

Yes to all above and what is the difference they are people too!!!!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    YES, YES,YES ,YES :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Honestly there is nothing wrong with preferences.. It doesn't make you a racist. I've been with certain girls of X ethnicity and found I didn't mesh well.
    Please point out where the above poster actually said that.

Now you are putting words into people's mouths

Again. Where did they say they are all the same? They said they didn't mesh well. You have no idea the reasons behind the comment.

If you can't see where, by saying he's dated X girls and found he didn't mesh well with those girls it means he wouldn't date another Xgirl, he implying that all Xgirls are the same/must share the traits that made him not mesh with the ones he dated, that I'm interested in what it is you feel is actually being said.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    In before the lock!

Yikes people looking for fights again. Don't post divisive topics.

Randomtai is the one seeking out a fight for some odd reason.

It's called a debate. Not everyone agrees with everything all the time. Sorry to break it to you.

You're calling everyone who doesn't want to marry another race prejudiced. You're poking the fire and not coming back with anything useful except ridiculous spewage.

That is not a debate.

Where did I say that to you? I was referring to a previous poster and you decided to butt in and are now putting words in my mouth. :laugh: Hilarious.

You quoted my response to the person.
  • whatev3r
    whatev3r Posts: 15
    yes to all because i'm not a bigoted piece of ****e
  • I'm already married but yes, yes, yes, yes :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Honestly there is nothing wrong with preferences.. It doesn't make you a racist. I've been with certain girls of X ethnicity and found I didn't mesh well.
    Please point out where the above poster actually said that.

Now you are putting words into people's mouths

Again. Where did they say they are all the same? They said they didn't mesh well. You have no idea the reasons behind the comment.

If you can't see where, by saying he's dated X girls and found he didn't mesh well with those girls it means he wouldn't date another Xgirl, he implying that all Xgirls are the same/must share the traits that made him not mesh with the ones he dated, that I'm interested in what it is you feel is actually being said.

EXACTLY!!!! That was ALL I meant. :flowerforyou:
  • 1) No
    2) No
    3) No
    4) No

Answered no to all. Not because I'm racist, I just wanted to have a different answer from the crowd for the hell of it.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Some of ya'll make me laugh. Getting all butt hurt just because someone does not have the same opinions as you. Really?! This is fudging 2013 not 1956.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    ...And bring me all the kids. I love them. :flowerforyou:

:love:

for me: y x4

for anyone who would say "no" to adopting kids of other races but would say "yes" to "letting" your child date outside your race: why? that's just delaying the dissipation of your genes by 1 generation... :huh:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    YES to all of em.
  • Some of ya'll make me laugh. Getting all butt hurt just because someone does not have the same opinions as you. Really?! This is fudging 2013 not 1956.

STOP IT! YOU ARE SPEAKING COMMON SENSE ON AN MFP FORUM!!!
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    1) Yes, in fact I'm most often attracted to men of different ethnicities
    2) Yes, although I haven't thought specifically from where as of now, but have thought of adopting (in the way future)
    3) YES
    4) Yes
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Good thing that guy is your 'EX' :)
  • lol Oh boy.

Ok...definitions for prejudice clearly have been overlooked. lol My head hurts.

*bounces out*
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Some of ya'll make me laugh. Getting all butt hurt just because someone does not have the same opinions as you. Really?! This is fudging 2013 not 1956.

ahaha good one!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour? No, but not out of racism.

2) Adopt a child of a different colour? I don't think I would ever adopt a child period unless it was someone I knew and they had a tragic event. In that event, they could be white, black, tan or pink with polka dots.
    3) Allow your child to date/marry someone of a different colour? Not my choice, It's hers.

4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour? Yeah, last time I checked it all worked the same...
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Thank goodness this person is an EX!!!! How incredibly creepy!
  • Some of ya'll make me laugh. Getting all butt hurt just because someone does not have the same opinions as you. Really?! This is fudging 2013 not 1956.

Ooooh, you!
This discussion has been closed.