Racism Survey.... Would you:

Options

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour?
    2) Adopt a child of a different colour?
    3) Allow your child to date/marry someone of a different colour?
    4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour?

1. Yes, but I'm already married.
    2. No, I wouldn't adopt any child.
    3. That isn't up to me.
    4. Yes.
    5. It's color, not colour.

You are wrong. Maybe in your corner of the world it is " color ", in the rest of the English speaking countries it is " colour ". Don't assume that all things american apply to all of the world.
  • audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    Yes to all.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    1. I already did. My husband is Indian (eastern)
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    S'il vous plait, excusez-les! Ca c'est le probleme avec nous les americains---nous savons trop mais nous ne savons rien!!!!

speak for yerself, seulment, s'il vous plait!

I knew "colour" was an acceptable spelling. I have far too much fascination with languages to not know that. And oui, je suis nee en aux etats unis.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Some of ya'll make me laugh. Getting all butt hurt just because someone does not have the same opinions as you. Really?! This is fudging 2013 not 1956.

STOP IT! YOU ARE SPEAKING COMMON SENSE ON AN MFP FORUM!!!

Ooooh, you!

I thought you bounced out? :angry:
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 4.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour? Probably not
    2) Adopt a child of a different colour? Possibly, but more likely i'd adopt a white child if I ever had to
    3) Allow your child to date/marry someone of a different colour? Yes
    4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour? Yes
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Honestly there is nothing wrong with preferences.. It doesn't make you a racist. I've been with certain girls of X ethnicity and found I didn't mesh well. Being attracted to someone with big boobs doesn't make you a bad person, so why does being attracted to Y race make you a racist? Being attracted to the opposite sex doesn't mean that you hate homosexuals. You can't compare apples and oranges.

Because not every person of a race acts the same way. :flowerforyou:

Still doesn't automatically make it "racist"...some people aren't attracted to certain ethnicities...oh the horror. Or some people want all caucasian...or black...or Asian families (adopted children)...some parents are from cultures where race and religion are huge....and you don't get to choose your donated organs and where they come from in regards to race and ethnicity.

No but it makes you prejudice.

How?

I might not be attracted to Asians but it doesn't mean that I don't have Asian friends. How can you equate attraction to being prejudiced, racist or a bigot? I don't find very thin men, men with facial hair, short men, or obese men attractive. Does that make me prejudiced against them too?

And if I want to adopt all Asian children does that make me prejudiced against other races as well?

Your argument is invalid.

Oh the "I have friends that are <insert race here>, I can't possibly be prejudice." Right.

Okay lady, you need to put the word "prejudice" down and walk away from it very, very slowly, you are not ready to use it.

Regarding original post, peoples is just peoples, who cares what flavour?

Oh and it's colour! Trust me Im English :wink:
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour? No because I love my husband who is the same colour as me, not being racist I just love my husband, but I get so mad that he gets tanned and I look all pale and white with freckles :mad:
    2) Adopt a child of a different colour? No I have 2 kids and do not want to adopt any kids
    3) Allow your child to date/marry someone of a different colour? It is their choice, I have no problem with who they choose to date/marry
    4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour? No problem with that at all
  • shrinkingWITS
    Options
    Some of ya'll make me laugh. Getting all butt hurt just because someone does not have the same opinions as you. Really?! This is fudging 2013 not 1956.

STOP IT! YOU ARE SPEAKING COMMON SENSE ON AN MFP FORUM!!!

Ooooh, you!

I thought you bounced out? :angry:

LOL I more so meant I was bouncing out of the arguing going on...not the thread. Besides, I saw your face as I was leaving and couldn't resist...so dreamy...
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    1-Yes if I was not already married
    2-Yes
    3-Yes, I am sure I have no control over that one. I must admit that I would be extra skeptical(racist I know)
    4-Hell yes
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    1) No, because I'm already married to the best man ever (but colour would not be a factor if I were single)
    2) No, because I've already got four of my own (but colour wouldn't be a factor if we couldn't conceive)
    3) If you make my child happy, you make me happy.
    4) Absolutely.

Another Canuck here, so colour is correct for me.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    je suis confused now.

are we saying that admitting you have a preference for dating certain ethnicities is the same as saying "no I wouldn't date someone of another race" because those are two different things to me.

One is saying "I tend to go for this thing" ...the other is saying "I would NEVER date someone of a different race."

not the same.

one may be honest (I'm not going to put out her on MFP details but I notice that i'm ALWAYS falling for dudes with a certain ethnic background) and legit... one may be prejudiced (I would NEVER date someone of a race different than my own... weird. weird. LIke you are going to ask them for their blood quantum and family history before you go on a date with them? 25%italian, 75% WASPs only, please!)
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour?

Yes, my boyfriend is of a different race, color, ethnicity, and ational origin.

2) Adopt a child of a different colour?

Yes, I intend to adopt eventually. My aunt is a social worker and I am well aware of teh number of children that need a good home. I believe that I can provide one.

3) Allow your child to date/marry someone of a different colour?

Yes.

4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour?

Yes. I've had several family members (from immediate to extended) go through this processes. Every organ is needed. I am a donor - as is nearly every one in my family that is able to.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    1) Yes... already have
    2) Not sure I want anymore children, but if I did, I wouldn't have a problem with it
    3) It's their life.
    4) Odds are you would never know the race of the donor so this question seems irrelevant, but obviously if I don't have a problem with 1-3, I wouldn't have a problem with this either.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    1) Already married.
    2) Too old for more children, but I doubt it that I would have adopted (any color or race), if I didn't have mine.
    3) Yes, and one already did. I have two beautiful biracial grandchildren.
    4) Yes, without problems as long as the organ is viable and a match. Why would anybody ask about the color or race of a donor? I would assume that when you need an organ transplant to live, any racial stupidity would fly out of the window.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    As the mother of a biracial child, the answer is yes to all 4.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    1. husband is white
    2. have one kid. dont want more. but if i did i probably would adopt black just because i dont think they are adopted as quickly as other ethnicities.
    3. yes
    4. yes
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 4.
  • MamaCass30
    MamaCass30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour? I'll be odd man out and say, generally speaking, no. SO FAR, I haven't found anyone of a different race that I'm attracted to. That could change, of course. But, again, generally speaking, I'm not attracted to men of a different race. Actually, let me clarify just a bit......if Shemar Moore came knocking down my door, you better believe I'd be throwing any & everybody over for him!

2) Adopt a child of a different colour? If adoption were something I was considering, sure. I'm a bleeding heart when it comes to babies so I wouldn't give a flip what color they were.

3) Allow your child to date/marry someone of a different colour? As long as they're treated well, I don't care what color (colour) their s/o is.

4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour? Has anyone legitimately said 'no' to this question? That's just stupid! lol My answer = yes, of course!
This discussion has been closed.