Rude People

Options

Replies

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to know, why start a thread about this? Why not just reply to the post that bothered you in the actual discussion in which it occurred?

So OP deactivated and once again I don't get this question answered by someone who actually does this. I swear I'm gonna get a reply from one of these little boogers someday. I don't even care that much about the answer anymore but it's been so illusive it's like a quest now. My MFP white whale
    2w709ko.jpg

I am gonna start a rude person thread and NOT bail... just for you.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to know, why start a thread about this? Why not just reply to the post that bothered you in the actual discussion in which it occurred?

So OP deactivated and once again I don't get this question answered by someone who actually does this. I swear I'm gonna get a reply from one of these little boogers someday. I don't even care that much about the answer anymore but it's been so illusive it's like a quest now. My MFP white whale
    2w709ko.jpg

I feel your burden...

...except that mine is an answer to "specifically which toxins are eliminated by a specific liquid diet that would not have been eliminated from the body while eating regular food?"

Best of luck to you on your quest for answers.

And to you as well, fellow seeker of the unfathomable depths of derp.

Edit for oceanic pun.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated account, most likely done immediately just to be a punk.

nothing new..
    moving on.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I used to belong to a forum for pregnant and new moms...THAT was a vicious site. Whoever thought to throw a bunch of sleep deprived, hormonal, fat ladies on one site is a sadist. MFP is tame, trust me.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Cracking open a beer.

what'd I miss?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that OP has already flounced. In which case, it is time for gifs.

tumblr_m0y6j7twcl1r437e6o1_400_zpsbe8637b5.gif
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

2w709ko.jpg

I am gonna start a rude person thread and NOT bail... just for you.
    Well, I've seen your awesome, so I'm afraid it wouldn't be quite the same but it is so nice of you to offer :daiquiriforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Cracking open a beer.

what'd I miss?

le-phobique-de-lengagement_zpsc8b3eaf3.gif
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbleal7CTL1r1ulrso1_500.gif
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Someone needs to do a study to determine if the proliferation of internet forums is directly correlated to the thinning of peoples skin. Without any data to back this up(like some other posters here), i'm saying YES! I blame Al Gore...
  • kookanddra
    kookanddra Posts: 92
    Options
    sissyr.jpg

Love this!!! :laugh:
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lwh3ez1jGp1qccjmlo1_500.gif
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Everyone is soooooo mean I might need therapy
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How cute another mean people thread...

I was just reading another thread and the lady said we'd probably all get mad at her, but she made a good point, and she was right, she did get a lot of replies claiming she was rude. But I dont think she WAS rude, she was expressing her point of view.

What I personally find "rude" or whatever, maybe not rude, but something I dont understand, is when people brag about the junk food they can eat, and exclaim they can lose weight, and are like proud of it. And then give details about all the fattening food they eat. And then belittling others because the other person cant do it but they can, and it comes off as hard for those of us who are tempted by it. I dont get this. If we are trying to lose weight, then it sorta hurts when i read about someone bragging about all this food they choose to eat, it almost is like your out with 4 friends and your trying to eat your salad, and then your "supportive" freinds, all choose to eat a huge pizza, cheese dripping cheeseburger, and a big cream pie in front of you and its like hey we can eat this, tough for you! and then gloat about how the next day they lose 5 pounds after eating all that. so those posts are hard for me to comprehend what are they doing on this site? I dont get it.

Sounds like you're projecting your own issues on others.

No....I have seen people post on how are they are mad at themselves because they made a bad food choice and someone mocks them for feeling bad about it. Then they go on to talk about their carefree weekend and how they lost weight on Monday. It's just rubbing their nose in it.
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Meh. Good judgement is a good thing. Mindlessly supporting whatever the group says is correct is kind of how they did things in Germany in the '30s and '40s.
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Handy tip:
    1) Spot someone being rude.
    2) Click drop-down arrow near username/avatar.
    3) Click on "ignore user".

I generally wait until I recognize a username for consistent rudeness. Then I target them for elimination. Ahhhhhhhhh; so satisfying! Everytime I see the message that I'm ignoring a certain user, I pretend it's a grave marker.

^^ this is the best post ever! ^^
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I used to belong to a forum for pregnant and new moms...THAT was a vicious site. Whoever thought to throw a bunch of sleep deprived, hormonal, fat ladies on one site is a sadist. MFP is tame, trust me.

(...babycenter...)

*shudder*

:indifferent:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Is this your first internet forum? Have you ever experienced real life before?

funny-gif-Steve-Carell-freaking-out.gif

orrrrrr is this just fantasy?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    How cute another mean people thread...

I was just reading another thread and the lady said we'd probably all get mad at her, but she made a good point, and she was right, she did get a lot of replies claiming she was rude. But I dont think she WAS rude, she was expressing her point of view.

What I personally find "rude" or whatever, maybe not rude, but something I dont understand, is when people brag about the junk food they can eat, and exclaim they can lose weight, and are like proud of it. And then give details about all the fattening food they eat. And then belittling others because the other person cant do it but they can, and it comes off as hard for those of us who are tempted by it. I dont get this. If we are trying to lose weight, then it sorta hurts when i read about someone bragging about all this food they choose to eat, it almost is like your out with 4 friends and your trying to eat your salad, and then your "supportive" freinds, all choose to eat a huge pizza, cheese dripping cheeseburger, and a big cream pie in front of you and its like hey we can eat this, tough for you! and then gloat about how the next day they lose 5 pounds after eating all that. so those posts are hard for me to comprehend what are they doing on this site? I dont get it.

Sounds like you're projecting your own issues on others.

No....I have seen people post on how are they are mad at themselves because they made a bad food choice and someone mocks them for feeling bad about it. Then they go on to talk about their carefree weekend and how they lost weight on Monday. It's just rubbing their nose in it.

Generally the point of those threads is to illustrate that for *most* people, cutting out the foods you love is not necessary for weight loss.