Can Someone Help Me.

Options
Okay, so I really want to lose 50 pounds by the end of August. Yes I know it's a lot and I know I'm pushing it. But I'm soooo tired of being afraid to wear shorts or no sleeve shirts. I'm tired of not wanting to go to the pool or go out with friends. I weigh 210 and I'm 5'4... Can someone please help me, I need a diet plan and exercise.

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    That's losing over 5 pounds a week for nine+ straight weeks. You are unlikely to find a way to do that healthily. The extremely low calorie diet that goes along with bariatric surgery might do it but you would need to work with a doctor to make sure you maintained the proper nutrient & vitamin levels not to make yourself sick.
  • andreaeose777
    andreaeose777 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You need a calorie deficit of 21,875 calories every week to achieve this goal . Good luck with that.

I think you need to start with a more realistic goal, even 20 lbs by the end of August will make a significant difference in the way you feel about yourself. I am also 5'4 and started at 224. It took me over 6 months to loose 40 lbs, and I was really good with diet and exercise. So just make a realistic goal, or your going to be let down.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Aim for a beach body next summer, through a sustainable eating and exercise approach. 50 pounds by the end of August is nuts.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I doubt that you'll be able to lose 50 lbs in 1.5 months. If you start putting unrealistic goals out there, you'll just get no where fast, and you'll be unhealthy to boot.

Use the tools of this website to track your food. Work out everyday and create a calorie deficit...that's the only way you're going to lose the weight you want and you'll also be teaching yourself how to keep it off.

And yes...it will take a while, but quicker than you think if you're consistent, but obviously not as fast as you're hoping.

Also, you should eat enough to meet your calorie goal everyday. You don't want to have such a deficit that your body gets out of whack and you end up stalling or gaining.

Good Luck!!!
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I think you're probably going to have to accept that this is an unreasonable and probably unattainable goal. 10-20 pounds is much more attainable and healthy. There is no magic bullet, or pill or diet or exercise. You need to start by eating moderate amounts of healthy food (meaning nutritionally dense and generally calorie "not dense" - can't think of the right word) and you can tone and preserve the muscle you have with moderate exercise (working out til you can't move and are sore for the next week is NOT helpful).. You need to find a way to eat "healthy" for the rest of your life, rather than depriving yourself for the next two months.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Wake up!!! Snap out of this. The reality is that will not be done unless you move to the "Biggest Loser" campus and have Jillian as your personal trainer.
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    Options
    Even if you ate nothing you might not lose 50 lbs and they would come back quicker than they when off..just eat about 1400 cal and see what happens.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Don't know where you live, but in most places "the End of August" would pretty much start turning into wearing long sleeves anyway. Should totally have decided this like in January :) Not to mention, your arms and legs will still have a "flabbiness" to it unless you weight lifted hard core (which is not an idea to rule out, nothing like building muscle and burning fat at the same time).

I would hate to chime in with everyone else, but it would be very dangerous to lose that much so fast... Not saying it's not possible... but yeah... you will end up feeling like complete dog poo.

Start now, the healthy way, and you'll be ready for a hot bikini by next Summer, just like me!

Otherwise.... hit the gym, eat 1600 cals with LOTS of protein LOTS OF WATER. Everyday.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Set a more realistic goal. Eat healthy and exercise...that's the plan. You may not lose as fast as you would like, but you're more likely to reach your goal and keep the weight off by doing it the sensible way.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Your 19, eat right and get your *kitten* to the gym....those shorts will be there next year....oh you should have done this last year so start now.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    first thing you should do is come to grips that it doesnt matter how long it takes to lose the weight. You definitely didn't put on the weight that quick, so it's not going to come off that quick either.

eat foods that will keep you full, eat at a moderate deficit, don't stuff yourself. don't starve yourself, drink plenty of water, start walking everyday, and the pounds will start to melt off.

one of the the hardest parts about losing fat is being patient
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Even someone on Biggest Loser that is 210 lbs. will not lose 50 lbs. in 5 weeks.....The big guys lose 10-12 lbs. a week on that show because they over 300 lbs. and aren't active. Set yourself more realistic goals and get into a healthy lifestyle routine to lose weight and get healthy for the long run. Trying to starve your body just to fit into a bathing suit for the summer is just self abuse and your not being fair to yourself. I know how tough it is to make up your mind to lose weight and have patience to get to your goal. I'm going through it myself and have earned the 50lbs I've lost since December...by working my *kitten* off and eating healthy..changing my lifestyle to ensure I keep the weight off for the rest of my life and make sure my children grow into healthy adults.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm just reading "The 8 Hour Diet" which claims that you can eat what you want (with some limits and healthy choices) as long as you eat it within an 8 hour period during the day for at least 3 days a week. I'm just experimenting with this, so I have no direct experience of whether or not it works, but it might be worth a try. I'm basically following my calorie goal, eating pretty healthfully, and doing it between the hours of 11am and 7pm. I'm hoping that it accelerates my weight loss, but if it doesn't, oh well. Good luck with your weight loss and I hope you can heed the wisdom that others have offered here.
  • wannabeyummie
    wannabeyummie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 5ft 4 and started at 175Ibs just before Christmas. Since joining mfp I have lost 17Ibs in 6 months by reducing my portions and trying to improve what I eat. I started off walking the dog and that is still my main excercise but I have added time on my excercise bike too.

Set yourself a personal goal but don't set yourself up to fail. The weight gain wouldn't happen in 6 weeks and it won't all come off in that time either. Say for example your goal is I want to feel slimmer and more toned. Then set mini goals to help you achieve it. Eg smaller portions...walking for an hour each day. You will lose weight but you want it to be a healthy loss and permanent! This site is great! You'll find lots of support. Good luck xx
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The first thing you need to do is to get in the right head space. What you want cannot happen in any healthy way. Instead of setting yourself up for disappointment with unrealistic expectations, set yourself up for success. Eat at a moderate deficit, eat back half of your exercise calories. Strength train to preserve muscle mass. Plan to rock your shorts next summer.

Use the time it takes you to lose the weight to learn the good habits which will allow you to keep it off.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Start wearing shorts NOW!!! enjoy the body you have now and avoid the negative self talk! August isn't realistic for the weight loss you are talking about but even dropping 1-2 pounds a week will have you feeling wonderful!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking about having this "done" by this August. Instead, think of having this "done" for the rest of your life even if it takes until *next* August.

Unless you have a photo shoot for which you're under contract or a wedding or some other rock solid obligation, there is no good purpose in imposing an arbitrary and harsh deadline. Start doing what needs to be done now to reach your goal reasonably, reach your goal when you reach it, and enjoy the long-term results of your efforts.

You *can* do this...but you *can't* (through sheer will and commitment) rush it. Best of luck.
  • borncreole
    Options
    Try to focus on your health and not what the scale says. Easier said than done, I know, but try it. I'm not sure what your diet consists of, but you could try to eat Vegan for a week, just to try it out. It's possible, my family and I have done it for 4 months now. My husband lost 20 lbs in a month, and that is without exercise. I'm a firm believer in good eating habits and exercise, if you are not able to fit in exercise on a daily basis, at least start with what you eat. Another thing you can try is juicing. That will help you lose weight quickly. There's a documentary you should watch called "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead".
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Change your goals to August of 2014 and I'm happy to help any way I can.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    you can probably cut 30 lbs in 2 months if you bust your *kitten*