42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m67eyrRqbC1qf45lpo1_400.gif

tumblr_m9135pCT8e1rry9ec.gif

You're just too damn cool!
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Anyone on this site can search the internet. Folks are asking for personal experiences. When we can provide links- great. When we can provide caring, even better. Many are looking for hope and encouragement, not science.
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    New people can always use the Search feature before posting the same topics over and over as well.. ya know.. like the opposite.

This.
    I've only been around a very short time I can definitely see why people start responding with "eat more," "get a food scale," and "track your calories". The questions are so repetitive. Not just to very old threads, but the same questions being asked multiple times a day. Maybe you could just start pointing people to the stickied threads, but they need to be cleaned up. I doubt they're getting read because you have to wade through 50 posts of "bump" to get to the actual topic.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Anyone on this site can search the internet. Folks are asking for personal experiences. When we can provide links- great. When we can provide caring, even better. Many are looking for hope and encouragement, not science.
    Hope and encouragement, cool. But when it comes to things like BMR/TDEE and proper exercise technique or nutrition I think I prefer to go with science as opposed to an encouraging ill-informed vague answer. Think you may have missed the point of my post.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

hahaha :laugh:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    2qbudrb.gif

2ldeypt.gif
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Okay okay - after being told I'm a meanie I gave your links! :flowerforyou:
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options

LOL
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I see people that are small and petite like I am, and they are younger than me, and they have been told that short people can only eat 1100 calories (or some very low number), I will share my stats and what I eat, as part of explaining that it is not a universal rule that petite women have to eat a very small amount. These tend to be the only threads I can help with. Those and threads by people that have 10 pounds or less to lose (the last 5 "vanity" pounds people).
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    kesler-tumbleweed-simpsons-o.gif
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I started on these boards when there were just a few of us! A long time ago. The boards have changed so much since. I try to just stay as positive as possible and ignore the smart *kitten* that are out there being rude (and lately, there are a lot of them).

It's a message board, with lots of people. Behind computers. It's gonna happen.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I agree that people generally have good intentions, but simply regurgitating blanket misinformed statements doesn't help anyone.

agreed!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Great post, OP! Agreed.

Sometimes I get tired of seeing the same topics posted, so I don't read them. Discussion forums need people asking repeat questions or bringing up repeat topics or the forum would just die.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    bump one last time...thanks for the reply's. :flowerforyou:
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Madea.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    1100 calories??? WHAAAAT! I do 1600-2000 depending on the month. 1600 to cut for summer and 2000 when I am building muscle. A woman should NOT go under 1200. Thats crazy.
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    yeah
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Did I step into an alternate reality?