What Do You Eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat all sorts of stuff. I just eat less of it when I'm trying to lose weight.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    what are macros?

They are the constituents of your food, like salt [sodium] protein, fats, sugars etc. The MFP data base lists them

Some folk obsess on them, others, like me, do not worry about them and just keep calories in mind

If you eat "normal" fresh, home prepared food the macros will take care of themselves, assuming your "normal" is not pinged ready meals
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    my diary is open. feel free to peruse. I had scout camp last weekend and an outing yesterday so those days aren't pretty. i eat some light food and diet soda but mostly i eat real food and real restaurants and i move
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'm new here so forgive me if this post is not in the correct forum.

My question is, what do y'all eat to lose weight? I need some good meal plans with NORMAL stuff (oatmeal, grilled chicken, etc) I'm a pretty picky eater and I just want something that's normal and not too involved.

Also, are six meals a day necessary? I just don't know how to eat six meals a day. I mean, I DO, but not healthy, thought-out meals haha.

SO, what do you guys eat to lose the weight? I will take ALL suggestions!

Thanks!!
    No, you do not need to eat six meals a day, that's a long ago myth that has been proven wrong.
  • tinamobley
    Options
    First off, Congratulations on your decision to take better care of yourself. I eat true 100 % whole grains (not the marketed whole grains, you have to read the ingredients label) , vegetables, fruit, no processed foods, and I choose to eat plant based protein, but if you are a meat eater, then lean meats are great! Oh and lots of water! I have lost 27 lbs so far! Good Luck!:smile:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Everything, just in smaller portions.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Everything, just in smaller portions.

This although I do tend to make sure I eat a fair amount of fiber. That helps with staving off hunger. I also remember to keep hydrated.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    what are macros?

They are the constituents of your food, like salt [sodium] protein, fats, sugars etc. The MFP data base lists them

Some folk obsess on them, others, like me, do not worry about them and just keep calories in mind

If you eat "normal" fresh, home prepared food the macros will take care of themselves, assuming your "normal" is not pinged ready meals

Macros are:

Carbs
    Protein
    Fat

Every food fits into one or more of these categories, and they are each important for different reasons. Carbs give you quick energy. Protein helps protect and build muscle. Fat helps your brain and other organs function. You need all three of them, and they are important to track.

Micros are things like sodium, sugar, vitamins, etc. You can chose to track these or not (I don't) - some micros may be important to you. For example, if you have low-iron, you may chose to track iron to make sure you're getting enough. It's up to you which are worth tracking and which aren't.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm new here so forgive me if this post is not in the correct forum.

My question is, what do y'all eat to lose weight? I need some good meal plans with NORMAL stuff (oatmeal, grilled chicken, etc) I'm a pretty picky eater and I just want something that's normal and not too involved.

Also, are six meals a day necessary? I just don't know how to eat six meals a day. I mean, I DO, but not healthy, thought-out meals haha.

SO, what do you guys eat to lose the weight? I will take ALL suggestions!

Thanks!!

I ate the same things I ate when I was overweight, which included lots of fast food and convenience foods (frozen dinners, pre-packaged stuff). But, I did it with alternate day intermittent fasting and lost over 40 pounds (and also had great blood test results towards the end of my weight loss journey, including no longer being pre-diabetic).

Now I'm in maintenance and eat a more primal leaning diet along with 8:16 IF.