Shakeology Users (Questions)

Options
Those of you who use shakeology, how do you feel about it? Is it worth the money spent? Or is there something out there just as equivalent but at a better price? I am looking for alternatives because I definitely do not get enough fruits and veggies in my diet like I should, due to working crazy hours sometimes and not having time to prepare foods! Any help would be awesome!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I use chocolate and Greenberg shakeology everyday , my shakes are in self serving packets, and I was told by my beach body coach I could split them in half if I wanted to ...helps make them last longer !! They are really tasty not too gritty like I'm told many others are !! This is my first protein shake experience but I have researched and questioned differences before and I'm told there are many equivelant to shakeology , the textures are what are different in cheaper brands or I should say all brands , it's a matter of finding one you like ...I spent approx. 95 dollars for my 1 month of shakeology THAT'S a lot so I'll be prowling this thread to see if anyone has found one less expensive and just as tasteful , sorry I'm not much help other than he said she said ....but I did have a friend ( who lifts) check mine out and she said here Walmart brand has all the same stuff but costs somewhere around 25 dollars for a huge canister of it
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I used it for a couple months. It helped me 'detox' from all my cravings and kept me full for a while so it was easier to switch to my new diet. Totally worth the money for that alone. I haven't really had any lately though, it's hard enough to reach my goal most days without stuffing myself with a shake.

Oh I have the chocolate one. Tried the tropical one and couldn't stand it. Might try the vanilla one at some point though.
  • cheestah22
    Options
    Thank you both for your input! This is helping quite a bit! seeing that it does work for those who use it, I am definitely going to see what I can do! :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Those of you who use shakeology, how do you feel about it? Is it worth the money spent? Or is there something out there just as equivalent but at a better price?

Would you like opinions from people who have looked at the product and decided that it's not worth it and therefore they don't use it? It would seem that these opinions would be quite valuable given your decision.

If shakeology users decided it wasn't worth it, they'd no longer use it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your input! This is helping quite a bit! seeing that it does work for those who use it, I am definitely going to see what I can do! :)

Post hoc ergo propter hoc
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've used it. IMO, it is slightly better than a protein supplement and mulit, but it's no where near good enough to warrant the extra cost. I eat basically no fruits or vegetables and decided to give it a try for the same reasons you stated in your post.

Is it a decent product? Yes.
    Is it worth the cost? No, not to me.

I use/take Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex, a multi, magnesium, and a fish oil each day for about 1/3 of the cost.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Those of you who use shakeology, how do you feel about it? Is it worth the money spent? Or is there something out there just as equivalent but at a better price? I am looking for alternatives because I definitely do not get enough fruits and veggies in my diet like I should, due to working crazy hours sometimes and not having time to prepare foods! Any help would be awesome!:flowerforyou:

By limiting opinions only to those who currently use a product, you are unlikely to get balanced commentary on that product.
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Shakology. It's totally worth it! If price is factoring into your mental equation...thinking its expensive--think about this--It's a entire meal and I know that a completely balanced meal at home or outside of home is wirth more than 4+$. I factor it into my grocery bill averaging it less than 25$ a week. It saves me more than that though because it curbs my other food cravings, keeps me full longer because of the protein content and I add frozen bananas to make it thicker.
    All of the Ingredients come from whole food sources with no added chemicals at All!! Even the new vanilla was extracted without chemical additives.
    There are No other meal replacements out there that are comparable to Shakeology. There might be other shakes that taste okay, or have as much protein, but there wont be one as comprehensive and healthy for you.

Laura
  • Acg67
    Options
    I LOVE my Shakology. It's totally worth it! If price is factoring into your mental equation...thinking its expensive--think about this--It's a entire meal and I know that a completely balanced meal at home or outside of home is wirth more than 4+$. I factor it into my grocery bill averaging it less than 25$ a week. It saves me more than that though because it curbs my other food cravings, keeps me full longer because of the protein content and I add frozen bananas to make it thicker.
    All of the Ingredients come from whole food sources with no added chemicals at All!! Even the new vanilla was extracted without chemical additives.
    There are No other meal replacements out there that are comparable to Shakeology. There might be other shakes that taste okay, or have as much protein, but there wont be one as comprehensive and healthy for you.

Pm me if u have any other questions!
    Laura

Strong marketing pitch, but no need to lie. What is cyanocobalamin? Also please state if any of the ingredients are in known efficacious dosages?
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Laura

How is one shake an entire meal? 160 calories? That's barely a snack. Also, 17g of protein is nothing. Stop the shenanigans and call it what it is. It's an overpriced, unnecessary supplement. It's easier and more filling to get nutrients from food.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Laura

Strong marketing pitch, but no need to lie. What is cyanocobalamin? Also please state if any of the ingredients are in known efficacious dosages?

cyanocobalamin = a form of B12 However, it is a derivative of cyanide and most of it is not absorbed by the body. Methylcobalamin is a better form of B12 that is more readily absorbed by the body. I'll have to go find the source where I read this but after much searching on the internet and reading the same thing over and over, it seems that the Methyl form of B12 is a much better choice.
  • Acg67
    Options

Laura

cyanocobalamin = a form of B12 However, it is a derivative of cyanide and most of it is not absorbed by the body. Methylcobalamin is a better form of B12 that is more readily absorbed by the body. I'll have to go find the source where I read this but after much searching on the internet and reading the same thing over and over, it seems that the Methyl form of B12 is a much better choice.

Where is cyanocobalamin found in nature?
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options

Laura

That's a darn good question!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options

Laura

From what I found, it's man made.
    HEHEHE Guess it's made by man therefore made by nature......yeah and pigs have wings!
  • jonnythan
    Options

Laura

Oh noes they add CHEMICLES to Shakeology!

Except, yanno, water is a chemical. And so is protein. And so is.... well, literally everything that exists and has mass is a chemical.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    So I typed "CHEMICLES" because I thought it would be funny to misspell chemical.

But now that I look at it, Chemicles sounds like an ancient Greek half-god, half-mortal who destroys his foes with burning acid. Wolgang Petersen should make a movie starring Gerard Butler and Brad Pitt about the epic battle between Chemicles and Perseus.
  • Shaylam82
    Shaylam82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use it. I like it. Worth the cost?? To me yes because its easy and I dont have to think about making my own smoothies and stuff. Are there other products out there? Yes. But I enjoy the Shakeology and will continue to use it. If you are only looking for just protein though Optimum Nutrition is a good product. You could proobably add fruits and veggies to it to make a more complete shake nutrient wise.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    So I typed "CHEMICLES" because I thought it would be funny to misspell chemical.

But now that I look at it, Chemicles sounds like an ancient Greek half-god, half-mortal who destroys his foes with burning acid. Wolgang Petersen should make a movie starring Gerard Butler and Brad Pitt about the epic battle between Chemicles and Perseus.

That is actually what I thought when I first looked at it. You should really pitch that idea! :D It sounds pretty epic.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

Hey, you know that logic is not permitted! :laugh: :laugh:

To the OP, don't be surprised if some of the really positive responses you've gotten aren't from Beachbody "coaches". It's a MLM marketing scheme - are the products any good? I couldn't say but the reality is you can meet your nutritional and weight loss goals without resorting to shakes and pills and potions. (That's not to say the shakes couldn't be useful as an occasional meal replacement when you're pressed for time but you could also probably whip up a nutritious smoothie with ingredients found in most kitchens too)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Laura

Oh noes they add CHEMICLES to Shakeology!

Except, yanno, water is a chemical. And so is protein. And so is.... well, literally everything that exists and has mass is a chemical.

While that's true. Part of the marketing pitch is that they are all "whole food" sources. Cyanocobalamin is ade in a lab, therefore, not a whole food source.

Shakeology is such a scam.