my wife makes me mad

Options
Perplexities
Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
So I have a little rant..I'm fine with my wife wanting to eat like ridiculously healthy and exercise instead of spending time with me...well...not really, but it's her choice so whatever. What gets me is she's always feeding our kids Jennie craig tv dinners and thinking it's okay. I think eating well is important duh.. My son (6) is a frail boy, is considered anorexic, at least that's what the paper he brought home from school said, even though his doctor wasn't concerned about it, he's in the 10thth percentile, but he's a healthy boy is what I was told. The thing is this morning for a snack he wanted steak and potatos. but his mom forced him to have celery with granulated splenda! and insisted she log'd the splenda calories as cane sugar reducing his already low 600 calorie allowance even further. I'm worried she's taking this whole health thing way too seriously.

Replies

• lheaton
    lheaton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    LOL - love it! If you were really her husband, this would be perfect!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    WTH?! You let your kid have 600 calories per day?! Do you know how bulky he's going to be? All his model friends are going to make fun of him! No thigh gap for him I guess...
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    A 6 year old shouldn't be on a diet :frown:
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Umm, really? Your kids are growing and should not be on a limited calorie diet. This is unhealthy.

eta: unless this is a joke, then carry on...
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    LMFAO!! Well said! Now, I'm gonna go have a banana and nutella.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    No offense or anything...I'm sure she wants the best for your kids and means well...but counting every little calorie for a child is ridiculous. That's like setting up the children to only be concerned with their looks and weight as they get older, which could cause serious self - esteem issues. I know wanting your kids to be healthy is a good thing, but everything should be taken in moderation. They aren't adults. They are still really young and growing. It won't kill them to have some "unhealthy" foods every now and then.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    OK doh. So this is a joke? Just got it. Doh
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Well, at least you got it in the end ;-)
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :laugh:
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options

Well, at least you got it in the end ;-)
    hahah i'm an idiot.
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    I think your wife is a fine woman..
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    A 6 year old shouldn't be on a diet :frown:

I can't believe the let this kid get to 6 years old with out having a diet and workout regimen already set up.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    and then I looked at your name....:noway: :frown: :sick: :huh: :huh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    pics-that-make-no-sense-part18-14.jpg
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! How dare you make fun of another posters ridiculous rant about her husband.... oh wait, it was ridiculous wasn't it? lol
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • alecialudwickjones
    Options
    the-big-bang-theory-sheldon_412x2321.jpg
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'd say give him the steak and potatos, but must run it off the next day. Those calories will stick to his hips and thighs....so unbecoming of a 6yo
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options