Sitting at my computer crying.

Options

Replies

• Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    When I was a student, I once put ALL my clothes in a washer/dryer that shrank everything to about 2 sizes smaller. I had nothing to wear at all! Goodwill was awesome! I got a whole lotta stuff for about 100 bucks. Don't worry, you'll be fine! They're just clothes after all. They're replaceable, cheer up! :flowerforyou:
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    "Well, *kitten*," as my partner's Grannie used to say. . .

I totally get the ARGH! sort of feeling and response.

AND, also . . . I have an absolute BLAST browsing through Goodwill and places like that, now. In fact I'm currently wearing an awesome shirt that I could NEVER have afforded if it was new -- which I got a the local thrift store.

Go on a thrift-store shopping spree and get clothes that look great on you for way cheap. You'll feel better. And keep doin' what you're doin' because obviously it's working!
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Listen hottie...you get out there and find things that fit you even better, and look even nicer than those clothes that got wrecked. At half your goal weight lost already, it's time to celebrate. You'll find AMAZING things, and God must have known that you deserve some more clothes to wear so took care of wondering whether you could afford it or whether you should and just helped you along on a shopping spree!

...Know that whenever you do go shopping, you're going to find the perfect outfits and they're going to be so good on you that it will make this day a great one!

You deserve the REWARD!

ps - give your hubbie a kiss, and tell him that it's all going to be okay. When you don't want to do it, is probably when he needs the reassurance the most.

:) Have a better day!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Ummmm... throw a big tie dye party and just have a wardrobe of tie dyed clothing for the summer?

I'm super sentimental when it comes to certain items of clothing, I'd be crying too.
  • supersparklies
    supersparklies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dye them all black. You'll look cool & ultra slim !:glasses:

Ha! This was my first thought, as well.

One time a red crayon went through the wash with all of my good clothes, too. :( I cried, too.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Oh! I would LOVE an excuse to go to goodwill! I'd be all over that.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! He didn't notice clothes in the washer???

Well, enjoy your shopping spree, anyway!
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Now hold on a minute, folks. I have to BEG my wife to stay away from my clothes. She loves to accidentally put something red in with my whites and suddenly every day becomes a breast cancer awareness day for me! This is not just a guy thing, women are like that too! (yeah, I know, the ratio is probably 15 million to 1, but being the 1 it ticks me off!)

Make your husband go shopping with you and make HIM pay for the clothes at the register. And don't forget to give him some ribbing in front of the sales clerk. Bet he won't make that mistake again!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Count your blessings he does laundry!!!

I gotta agree. :smooched:
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    :( so sorry, but he can take you shopping! for most men that will be torture and you get new clothes on his dime ;)
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    He does owe you............Jewelery....will always fit!!!!............and some temporary clothes from Goodwill..........
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Dye them all black. You'll look cool & ultra slim !:glasses:

This.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    So this is how i can get out of doing the laundry
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Why?

If my husband didn't help with laundry he'd be going around nekkid.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    You can cry about it or you can look at it as a shopping spree!!!

The Goodwill where I am form has some awesome deals. Look at your local goodwill online. I am a HUGE goodwill shopper. I can't remember the last time I bought anything new. It does take time to go through the racks, but sometimes you find some real gems.

AND, even though he messed up, it was a mistake. We all make them. I understand the need to pinch pennies, but I'm sure he feels bad about it too. GIve him a big hug, point out something you love about him, and tell him you love him
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options

Why? Any adult should know how to do laundry, male or female.

If it was his mistake, he owes you some replacement clothes, from Goodwill at least if money is an issue.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    damn, I dont understand how he didnt see your clothes????

Ugh...that sucks.

Who knows, you might find some even nicer clothes at the goodwill :)
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Value Village and Good will are great places to go. I am sure you will find something just as nice and comfy. As for hubby, he owes you big time, you should start making the list now! :happy:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! Men! This is why my husband is not allowed to wash any of my clothes.

PROTIP: Guys, make this "mistake" early on ....
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Salvation Army, consignment shops, and yard sales..... I haven't bought new clothes from a store in years.... and I look fabulous & have fun doing "the hunt". Enjoy the mishap!