Upset ...Closed minded people

Options

Replies

• kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but shouldnt he have inventory for average sized clothing. A size 9 isn't even plus size. It's like that abercrombie bull****, he only wants to sell to a certain type of woman.
    Why "should" he? It's a (still relatively) free country, and he's free to sell whatever he likes and cater to whomever he likes. If you don't like it, don't go there.

Right. He doesn't HAVE to do anything..and the OP left and wont return. But saying he doesn't have room in his shop for anything other than XS and S and size 0 is just simply not true. As you just stated, it's his choice....not due to lack of space or inventory.
    You've been to his shop and know he has room then?

:laugh: Have you been to his shop to know that he doesnt? He told the OP he didnt carry those clothes because people that big dont shop there. It's a store that buys and resells clothing. He can choose to buy and resell whatever size he wants to. He's choosing to only sell small sizes. It really is as simple as that...if you don't see that then your closed minded too. As other people have said, bigger people dont shop there because he doesnt carry their size..I think that's just what the store owner wants.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Too bad you didn't post a phone number...I love making prank calls.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    But saying he doesn't have room in his shop for anything other than XS and S and size 0 is just simply not true. As you just stated, it's his choice....not due to lack of space or inventory.
    :laugh: Have you been to his shop to know that he doesnt?
    Excellent retort. :huh:
    As other people have said, bigger people dont shop there because he doesnt carry their size..I think that's just what the store owner wants.
    Which is his right. Get over it.

There are plenty of other businesses that will sell other sizes. Patronize them. It's as simple as that.
  • kkclif
    Options
    But saying he doesn't have room in his shop for anything other than XS and S and size 0 is just simply not true. As you just stated, it's his choice....not due to lack of space or inventory.
    :laugh: Have you been to his shop to know that he doesnt?
    Excellent retort. :huh:
    As other people have said, bigger people dont shop there because he doesnt carry their size..I think that's just what the store owner wants.
    Which is his right. Get over it.

There are plenty of other businesses that will sell other sizes. Patronize them. It's as simple as that.

Yeah it was a really excellent retort to begin with. Yeah it is his right. His rights werent the purpose of the original post..it had to do with him not having inventory in his shop for regular sized clothing. Somehow were getting a bit off topic...does that just mean I made my point?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Clueless that the reason they don't shop there is because he doesn't have anything in their size.

This is what I was thinking. What a tool.
  • CapnGordo
    Options
    His rights werent the purpose of the original post..it had to do with him not having inventory in his shop for regular sized clothing. Somehow were getting a bit off topic...does that just mean I made my point?
    Help me out, then, please. What is your point about him not having inventory? Please clarify.

Also, it's absolutely on-topic, as it is a major crux of the story.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    His rights werent the purpose of the original post..it had to do with him not having inventory in his shop for regular sized clothing. Somehow were getting a bit off topic...does that just mean I made my point?
    Help me out, then, please. What is your point about him not having inventory? Please clarify.

What Beach said I think is right. The OP has bought clothing there several times, so clearly he carries those sizes or she wouldn't be able to buy clothing there. And then, after saying people that size don't shop there, he said he was buying the clothes because he "needed" to stock those sizes. For the people who don't shop there?

Conclusion: He's a lying crook.
  • suzieqz62z
    suzieqz62z Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    umm 8 -13 is hardley fat!!!!! hes crazy hope you deleted him as a friend on fb!!!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I think the way he handled it was absolutely wrong but I don't have issue with a consignment shop owner that maybe doesn't want to accept items in a certain size especially if they have a ton already. It is actually smart not to buy items that you already have an excess amount of. Have you shopped at a consignment shop that is overcrowded? It sucks. You can't find anything.

What he should have said was that he wasn't interested in the pants because he didn't require those types of items at the moment. I'm sorry he was so rude to you....he really needs some lessons in being a good business owner and talking to the public for sure.

By the way, the average American woman is a size 14. Your clothes are not plus size by any means.
  • pattyci
    pattyci Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had to endure that. He's clueless and a pill. Consider the source and don't darken his doorstop again... and share your story with anyone who will listen.
  • kkclif
    Options

What Beach said I think is right. The OP has bought clothing there several times, so clearly he carries those sizes or she wouldn't be able to buy clothing there. And then, after saying people that size don't shop there, he said he was buying the clothes because he "needed" to stock those sizes. For the people who don't shop there?

Conclusion: He's a lying crook.

he "needed" to stock those sizes. Therefore, has room in his shop. Therefore inventory is not the problem...he is. That was my point. His legal rights to carry whatever he wants in his shop really has nothing to do with what I'm saying. You acted like the OP had no right to be upset and that this man wasn't rude about it because he most likely didn't have room in his shop to "cater" to everyone's (average peoples) needs. I was just stating my opinion that I don't think that is the case. I really didn't mean for it to spiral into a discussion about businessowners rights..i dont think its a major crux to the story. I don't think the purpose of this post was to debate about whether the man had the right or not to carry her clothes...we all know what his rights are.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    You offered something for sale that he didn't want. I have taken women's, men's, and children's clothing to various consignment shops, and each time, there are items they do not want. I don't take it as a personal rejection, no matter the reason given for not wanting them.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    *sorry, double post*
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    This is a second-hand shop, correct? How much does an average pair of shoes or a shirt go for? Since this is his business (i.e. paycheck to take care of his family), he does need to make a profit. Sucks to look at it that way, but I'm placing bets that that is the reason he didn't offer you a whole lot of money. It wasn't personal.

As far as offending you and being rude, some people have no tact. The best thing you can do is to take your business elsewhere.:flowerforyou:

ETA: Learn how to barter. If he really wanted those items, you could probably strike a deal.
  • rainbowsnroses
    Options
    Good idea! We have a facebook garage sale page where I live an d lots of people sale their clothes on the page.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Open up an eBay account, and sell your clothes there.
  • CapnGordo
    Options
    he "needed" to stock those sizes. Therefore, has room in his shop. Therefore inventory is not the problem...he is. That was my point. His legal rights to carry whatever he wants in his shop really has nothing to do with what I'm saying. You acted like the OP had no right to be upset and that this man wasn't rude about it because he most likely didn't have room in his shop to "cater" to everyone's (average peoples) needs. I was just stating my opinion that I don't think that is the case. I really didn't mean for it to spiral into a discussion about businessowners rights..i dont think its a major crux to the story. I don't think the purpose of this post was to debate about whether the man had the right or not to carry her clothes...we all know what his rights are.
    Please re-read my comments. I never excused the shop owner's lack of tact.

However many times I re-read the account of what happened, it makes no sense.

"unfortunately we cannot accept them because we don't have people of your size that shop at our store...I looked at him and said excuse me....I shop here and u know that. he said yea and honestly I wouldn't be buying these shirts from u but because I need larger and bigger sizes in my store I decided to buy them but honeslty ppl your size don't shop here and I don'cuz have room for bigger clothes."

I suspect that the OP is misquoting the shop owner, as that last phrase makes no sense, or some part of the story is missing.
  • rochellewilson70
    Options
    Check out www.thredup.com. They send you a large envelope, you send in your clothes and they send you an email with how much they will buy from you. The balance they donate to charity. I send just one bag and got $28. You can either use that money for credit to shop for smaller sizes or use your PayPal account to get the money. Pretty good deal and cute clothes on their website. Hope this helps!
  • MartiTennisMom
    Options
    Oh I would be sharing that story (as well as their business details, website, address, phone, FB page, etc.) on every social media account I could get my hands on!!!

GREAT IDEA! In fact, can you share the name of the store? Please don't if it's against the MFP rules, but man oh man... we could flood them with negative reviews.