Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options

Replies

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    My weight loss started January of 2012, though the JOURNEY did not start until December. The initial losses were due to a medical condition running rampant, which I have managed to get control of while continuing to actively direct the journey since I was diagnosed.

Highest weight: 415 (ish, might have been a bit higher)
    Starting weight with MFP: 389
    Current weight: 293

Still have at LEAST 30 pounds to go, but if the body wants to keep going, I'm not going to say no to some more weight going buh-bye either.

Collage of the first 3 months of progress on MFP - weight ranges from 389 - 360 something:

2ptnsxx.jpg

Current collage for May, will be updating mid June for current measurements

9sz19y.jpg
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    wow!
    congratulations to all of you!
    very inspiring!!!
  • credessa
    credessa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just, WOW! You all rock. Very inspiring.
  • Skrymmorie
    Skrymmorie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great thread! So inspiring! Amazing job, everyone.
  • gfbs28
    gfbs28 Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! You look like a different person! I was contemplating the sleeve. I know many people who have had it, but I am getting inspired on this site. I really am very skeptical about the surgery for me for medical reasons.
  • gfbs28
    gfbs28 Posts: 4
    Options
    You look awesome! That is some serious arms you got there too, wow! Great job! You should be proud.
  • thegoodner
    thegoodner Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bumping for when I need it! This is so encouraging for someone like me who has finally learned that eating enough calories and moving my body more can actually work. (amazing, i know).
  • ErinKEbert
    ErinKEbert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing and so motivation! Congratulations!
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Me. Look at my pics because I can't post for nothing. I'm just working off a couple pounds from my vacation to Mexico a week ago. No surgery. Hard work a ton of sweat and 1900 calories a day!!
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I seriously want to send a Friend Request to every single person who posted in this thread. It's so inspirational to see people who have been able to achieve the goals I have set for myself. I have 150+ left to lose and reading all of your stories makes me feel like this goal is much more attainable.

Way to go everyone!
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    Yep. 135 lost in 15 months, and I've been maintaining since September. Today was my 605th consecutive log-in day :)

beforeafter.jpg

More pics/details in my profile and blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    Yep. 135 lost in 15 months, and I've been maintaining since September. Today was my 605th consecutive log-in day :)

beforeafter.jpg

More pics/details in my profile and blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls

Wow!!! 605 log-in days is amazing. Way to be persistent!
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump for motivation
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against bariatric surgery. I had one done myself, but after 10 years of problems with no weight loss because of said problems, it was finally reversed and I feel amazing, like I am human again!

I am now looking at losing 100+ pounds, and would love to hear from anyone who has done it without surgery. Pictures would be AWESOME!

Thank you in advance! :flowerforyou:

I started at 340lbs, I'm down 137lbs to 203lbs :-) No surgery or whacky diets, just lots of exercise, measuring/weighing and using sites tools like Myfitnesspal and Sparkpeople. I've got some more to go before I reach my goal but it's in sight :-)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jmcoyuela
    jmcoyuela Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • hatersgonahate
    hatersgonahate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    lost 108 so far, with healthy diet and dancing.

started in november of 2012
  • raven617
    raven617 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All of you are AMAZING!!!!!!! I have about 150lbs to lose, I can always lose about 30lbs then I get off track and gain it right back again, this lets me know that it is possible and there are so many of you that have done it!!!!!
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I shed the weight without surgery, pills, or crazy diets. Just sensible eating, exercise, and patience.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!