Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options

Replies

• MrRaph
    MrRaph Posts: 12
    Options
    I've lost 70 pounds when I was around 14 years old without surgery.
  • FierceV_Phat
    FierceV_Phat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but my ultimate goal is more than 100 pounds without surgery! I want surgery afterwards (tummy tuck...and probably other things tucked as well), but definitely would not get bypass surgery. If I was hundreds of pounds overweight I might consider it, but where I only have 100-something to lose, I think it is logical to do it myself.
  • cchamil1985
    cchamil1985 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You guys are all inspiring! It is threads like this one and images like yours that inspire me to keep going! Excellent work, all of you!
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    118.6 so far without surgery. Before/current face pic in my profile. I still have around 80 to go.
  • Careygirl1968
    Careygirl1968 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I only have one pic from at my heaviest - I would do ANYTHING to avoid being in front of the camera! But - I do have one on my profile - check it. Retrospectively, I wish I did have a full body shot at my heaviest. I still have about 40 pounds to go, but I've lost over 100

You can do it!
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I lost just over 100 lbs. in 2012. Have approx. 30 lbs. to go maybe? Will know it when I get there. I eat back every single one of my exercise calories and sometimes more and sweat everyday. :-) You can do it!

This gives me so much hope <3
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration. Thanks!
  • miller0438
    miller0438 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Everyone looks amazeballs!!
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Before August 2010:
    MeAugust2010.jpg

After December 2012:
    IMG_02841_zpsf88b3d09.jpg

Oh my goodness!!! Amazing! Congrats! This gives me hope.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add... my doctor said that, in order to "qualify" for a gastric band or bypass, British NHS patients have to lose 10% of their body weight on their own, by dieting, to show that they are serious and committed.

But this seems rather stupid to me!

Firstly, IF a person could lose by diet and exercise, they would, and would not need WLS.

Secondly, IF a person could lose 10% (and for me that would be 37 lb) then all she has to do is repeat the process again and again until she's lost all she wants to.
  • dgljones
    Options
    Forgot to add... my doctor said that, in order to "qualify" for a gastric band or bypass, British NHS patients have to lose 10% of their body weight on their own, by dieting, to show that they are serious and committed.

But this seems rather stupid to me!

Firstly, IF a person could lose by diet and exercise, they would, and would not need WLS.

Secondly, IF a person could lose 10% (and for me that would be 37 lb) then all she has to do is repeat the process again and again until she's lost all she wants to.

I think part of the idea is that you also have a weight point where they no longer qualify because they are too low. So the patient loses a ton of weight, feels great and is encouraged to keep going and basically works themselves out of qualifying.
  • xortion
    Options
    Used to weigh 336 got down to 192 with out surgery although I did have a tummy tuck at the end, good luck to all :)

Edit: ya all look amazing
  • FierceV_Phat
    FierceV_Phat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I want to add pictures but I forgot how to do this.....will someone please inbox me!
  • NickGiordano
    Options
    You guys are great! I attempted to have the surgery a few years ago and it was NOT a good experience. I went in, they cut me open, saw a problem, sowed me back up, and before I knew it they were shuffling me out of the hospital. A doctor didn't read my upper GI correctly and didn't notice the problem before hand. It ruined me for a little bit, but I'm back on my feet and I use that horrible experience as a motivator everyday! I started the Monday after Thanksgiving 2012 and I am 44 down with plenty to go. I come in here everyday and read these awesome stories from the 100+ club, I can't wait until I can join y'all!!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Yep. 102 of it in 2012. Pics in my profile.

The reason I never did the surgery is that I knew that my problem wasn't that I was eating too much. The problem was that I wanted to eat too much. Once I worked on that issue, I've made fairly steady progress.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I haven't had surgery. The good thing about losing that much weight is that you'll be at it for a while, so you'll have time to really make a lifestyle choice that you can live with day to day. :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against bariatric surgery. I had one done myself, but after 10 years of problems with no weight loss because of said problems, it was finally reversed and I feel amazing, like I am human again!

I am now looking at losing 100+ pounds, and would love to hear from anyone who has done it without surgery. Pictures would be AWESOME!

Thank you in advance! :flowerforyou:
    this guy.
  • Benjiowns
    Benjiowns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone, all a inspiration. I think i'm up to like ~150 lbs non surgery lost right now, but near my end goal yet. Maybe next year! I'm stupid and did this whole thing when I got bored one day, so I never took any before pics and forgot to take body pics from before, so here's a face comparison of so far, atleast :P. On the left wasn't even at my worst; I easily had gained 100+ more pounds over that (also sorry it was a liscence pic where I was pretty strung out). On the right was last month, so went from ~445 down to ~290. No surgery, all in less than a year. It's possible and it's hard but it's been worth it, irregardless of all the new emotions I am feeling now that I never felt before when I was that big (WAIT YOU'RE TELLING ME LOVE ISNT JUST A BEAUTIFUL FEELING?! THERES MORE TO LIFE THAN HARD DRUGS?!?!?!). But you guys are all a inspiration and will help propel me to the last 100 or so I need to lose! Thanks guys!

19609072_6683.jpg
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Wow! My day is officially *made*!!!!!!!! All of you are fantastic. What truly amazing transformations! It's heartening to see the dedication within all of you. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!