Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Very inspirational. Thank you everyone for sharing your stories!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    I have lost over 100 pounds without surgery, just by using MFP, changing my eating habits, and moving more! I still have a ways to go, but I know that I will get there. My profile pic is my before/during.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    No surgery here. 108 and still working on a few more!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    No surgery here. I have some pics on my profile. The ones in the orange shirt are from a few weeks ago.

Your profile is visible by your friends only. :smile:
  • cb83580
    No surgery here. I have some pics on my profile. The ones in the orange shirt are from a few weeks ago.

Oh, whoops. Nevermind then. I guess you'll have to take my word (and ticker) for it. Sorry!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member

Oh, whoops. Nevermind then. I guess you'll have to take my word (and ticker) for it. Sorry!

You can change it if you want to... Go to Settings, Profile Privacy Settings, and choose one of the other options.
  • cb83580

You can change it if you want to... Go to Settings, Profile Privacy Settings, and choose one of the other options.

Nah. Rather not. Thanks for trying to be helpful, though!
  • Wow! Great thread! Just what I needed to see tonight. I'm at a bit of a plateau and kind of "backsliding" into my old ways the last month or so. Brings back some of the determination I've been losing. :)
  • loudgls89
    loudgls89 Posts: 87 Member
    Wow! This thread is so inspiring, great to see all you amazing people who've succeeded and it gives me hope that I can join all of you soon!
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    I have lost 175 pounds since August 2011, through lifestyle changes. That is not a typo -- I have lost one hundred and seventy five pounds, so far! I radically changed my eating habits, went completely sugar free, and off all processed foods and junk foods. I used to drink coca cola all day, now I drink green tea all day. I used to eat fast food junk for lunch. Now I eat mostly plant-based, with lots of vegetables. I doubt I could have made such drastic changes without a compelling health reason. In the past, I have tried to "diet" by cutting down on junk food, or switching to diet versions of cookies and so on, but it never worked for me. I think it kept me craving those things, and for me, the only answer was to kick them cold turkey, and stay away from them! I know it sounds stringent, but seriously, my tastebuds have totally changed since getting off sugar. I actually LIKE vegetables now! I used to eat so much because I always felt hungry. I no longer feel hungry all the time! I never had any blood sugar problems, so perhaps the foods I used to eat spiked my blood sugar anyway, causing false hunger? Or maybe the shift to mostly vegetables has given me such better nourishment that my body stopped calling for more food all the time. In any case, it seems to work for me!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hi. I lost 135 lbs in about 16 months. I started in September of 2007 and met my goal weight in January of 2009. I literally lost half my body weight! :) And I've kept the weight off for over four years now.

Here is a link to my before/after pics. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/129824-tamtastic-before-and-after?hl=tamtastic+before+and+after
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Just jumping in here to tell you all that you guys are simply AMAZING!!! Rock on!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Right here :) About 20 more to go. Started 277, now im 171. All from healthier eating, counting calories and walking. Oh & chasing 2 toddlers around ;)

CA9C9E91-F0B3-44FE-9CD4-A2010ADBDEDC-986-00000087BC6BD540_zps5632b820.jpg

5347562B-FD56-4421-8A5C-66AF15D7327D-986-00000087B302D9ED_zps86e9c207.jpg

My goodness, you look amazing. Congrats on your successes. And good luck with however much more you want to lose.
  • Sinope82
    Sinope82 Posts: 108 Member
    I love these threads, it gives me hope i may get there too !!!
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    I've lost about 102 pounds w/o surgery! The last 20 is what is giving me grief at the moment! I've been working on it for over a year now! :grumble:

My biggest regret is that I didn't continue weight training throughout the entire process. That is now my current focus! Building more LBM instead of just worrying about what "size" I am.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Bunch of losers in here. :)

I'm officially in the tripe digits lost club as of yesterday's weigh in. 104 pounds gone in 255 days on MFP. I swam to lose the first 50 and lifted weights and rode a bike for the second 50. I eat as healthy as I can and constantly look for healthier options. I still enjoy pizza and chocolate but make sure they fit within my daily limits. For me at least, I've found the whole process easier than I could have imagined. I never logged food prior so I never knew exactly what I was eating calorie wise. Setting a limit and logging everything has proven to me that 2500 calories of bad food leaves me hungry while the same 2500 calories of healthy food leaves me satisfied. I've also learned to crave exercise like I used to crave food. I just don't feel right if I've gone more than a day or two without hitting the gym.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    amazing .......
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Thanks SO much for the compliments everyone! It means a lot :). And I have to agree, my little man is pretty handsome :)
  • rabbyduby
    rabbyduby Posts: 123 Member
    AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGG and congrats to you all. Great job. Makes me know it can be done.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    105 for me, just following MFP for 14 months. No surgery, tricks or magical pills.still have 20-25lbs more to go.

Here is a before & after pic (no head in the second one because I was trying on a dress so my daughter focused on that). I also have official "progress pics" in my profile (although I haven't posted my last one yet).

12525641_9387.jpg12525641_7861.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!