Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options

Replies

• jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm looking through all these posts and feel so much inspiration! I just started and already lost 7 lbs within 6 days. I have 175 or more to lose. I don't expect it to just fall off me but the first week is usually the most loss when beginning to drop calories and walking a bit. My family is trying to get me to do the gastric sleeve surgery (my sister in law just had it done a few months ago) but I really don't want to go under the knife if I can avoid it. I have heard that many people who lose over 100 lbs rarely keep it off, but after reading all these wonderful posts I think that statement I had heard may have been mostly for people who lost thier weight with crash diets. For the first time in over 20 years of trying to lose weight, I feel this website and all the successful stories just might be that boost I needed to be successful. I've found other food logging sites before but I never really knew what my daily calorie goal was supposed to be, and I am shocked to see how many calories I have been eating on an average day, so this past week I've been just finding ways to make that total count lower and lower until I get to my daily goal, without surgery. Awesome job all of you I look forward to seeing more posts :smile:
  • BearHugger78
    Options
    This thread is awesome. Thanks to everyone for sharing. It means a lot to the people who have just begun their journey, and it's great to see what dedication can do for *real* people.

It will still be awhile before I get there myself, but I'm looking forward to it. I started at 337 and dropped 30-32 pounds in about 8 weeks before joining here. I kinda wish I had a true before pic, since I already look considerably better at 305 than when I started, but with 130 pounds to my goal the difference will still be huge. Hopefully I'll be joining you all by the end of the year!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have lost 83 kilos/183 pounds, I weighed 173.1 kilos/380 pounds in august 2006. I have PCOS and was obviously very unhealthy, I struggled with life and was really if nothing changed looking at life confined to my home.

I lost my weight by counting calories, exercising 4-6 days per week (primarily cardio/les mills classes with a minimum 1 PT session of resistance per week)

This is me in April 2006 at 173.1 kilos/380 pounds

1704image2.png

1704image1.gif

December 30 2008 at 150 kilos/330 pounds

2363_64031521061_6870_n_zps68a63ef7.jpg

April 2010 at 120 kilos/264 pounds

36342_433506571061_6600121_n_zpsae31eb58.jpg

Me now at 90.7 kilos/199 pounds
    556383_10150784547501062_1944821896_n_zps9df26d8f.jpg

I hope my pics inspire someone :) If anyone wants to add me for continued support/motivation (I still wanna lose another 40 pounds) fee free to add me :)
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    SO many inspiring experiences in one thread. I wonder if I will lose 100 pounds, I would love to join the club. Thank you to everyone that posted their experiences and pictures. Well done, I think you are all Brilliant!
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bump! I want to come back here in the future and post my story! :smile:
  • MuchTooPuffyDuffy
    MuchTooPuffyDuffy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You all are amazing!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yes! I lost 133 so far, no surgery. All on my own.

225.jpg
    120.jpg
    100.jpg
    Progress.jpg
    132poundslost_zpsdfcb84f8.jpg
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    edited those, hopefully they show now. :)
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Finally got around to uploading more recent progress pics. Figured I would share! I was mistaken earlier.... I started 15 months ago.

12525641_2211.jpg12525641_3919.jpg
    12525641_2168.jpg12525641_8664.jpg

Great job, well done!!!
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    No pics but I have lost a total of 122 Lbs since 8/24/12. Thanks mostly to this site.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What an awesome thread! This gives me hope, that I can be a success story some day. Thank you all so much for posting your stories!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Great thread! You guys look so beautiful and healthy in your after pics. I had WLS and don't regret it, but admire all of you for what you did. Congrats!! I wish you all healthy happy lives :)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    People are going to get fed up with me lol

me003.jpg

weightlosspics.jpg
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    People are going to get fed up with me lol

That's not the same guy!

Come on Gerald, admit that's your skinny twin brother!
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My family is trying to get me to do the gastric sleeve surgery (my sister in law just had it done a few months ago) but I really don't want to go under the knife if I can avoid it. I have heard that many people who lose over 100 lbs rarely keep it off,

I was watching a tv programme called Embarrassing Fat Bodies last week and a bariatric surgeon (in the UK) told the presenter that 35% of people who lose a substantial amount of weight via gastric surgery -- i.e. his own patients -- gain most of it back within two years.

This announcement FLOORED me! I always thought surgery was CERTAIN and would sort out someone for LIFE.

Not so, and therefore NOT WORTH THE RISK.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Looking at the little tracker button on My Home window I can confirm, 109 lbs lost without any form of surgery, only by caloric deficit and very mild phisical activity (walks and yoga) Took over a year , but better to take it slow instead of needing skin reduction surgery after.

260lbs
    EGKH5gc.jpg
    150lbs
    UwVQvI9.jpg

I think, tho maybe i'm wrong, that surgery like that wont be good choice in long term. Only thing that will give you succesfull and effective for long time (if not forever) weight loss is LIFESTYLE CHANGE.
    And human body, being this wonderfull machine can easly shed 100lbs :)
  • Phany04
    Phany04 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh! This let rocks! I started my journey late November weighting 284.6. I'm 34 pounds down. My goal is to loose another 100 pounds maybe a little more. Your pictures and story makes me feel capable of accomplishing my goal. I am making little changes like cutting out soda and walking to work (about 1 hours in total every day). Anyone who wants to add me and motivate each other please do so. Send me a message with some Info about you, :)
  • greeneyedjaime
    greeneyedjaime Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    OMG! this thread is so inspiring :smile: I will be on here one Day!
  • avalentineb
    avalentineb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    There are tons of us!!! lol :laugh: You can do this, we're here to help
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great thread! thanks to everyone for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!