Can men & women truly be JUST FRIENDS

Options

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Yes. There are lots of women I don't want to boink, especially now that I have married the best one.
  • RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It sounds fishy at first glance, but I don't know the guy so his motives could be innocent enough.

People of the opposite sex can be friends. I have many male friends and we have never been anything else. It just depends on the person.

Same here.. some of my closest friends are guys Ive never done anything with..... :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yes. There are lots of women I don't want to boink, especially now that I have married the best one.

Hahaha!

Did you actually just say 'boink'?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of guy friends that I've never been (or considered being) more than friends with. Once of my best friends is a guy, and he's truly like a brother to me. We've both been single, in relationships, one in a relationship, whatever and never has there been anything but a platonic friendship there.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    Yes, absolutely.... most of my close friends are guys and I am happily married and not at all interested in them :) I think it is an issue if there is interest there but I have pretty good boundries and carefully try not to send the wrong message. Just my experience though maybe it depends on the person and situation more than anything?
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on how you define "friends." If a "friend" is someone you might want to sleep with but never actually follow through, then sure. But if we're talking about genuine friendship, I think that's only possible if there isn't a mutual sexual attraction.

In general, if two people find each other sexually attractive, they will never be "just friends." And I don't mean "Sure, he's/she's good looking." I mean "If I could, I would screw his/her brains out every single day." If you think of each other in that way, then you are not just friends, no matter how good you are at concealing your desire to sleep with each other. And all of this "Oh, we'd never do anything like that! We're just friends!" posturing is a bunch of bull****.

I love this girl :flowerforyou:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    NO, NO, NO !!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T BE DONE. ASK ANY WOMAN WHO'S HUSBAND LEFT HER FOR HIS SECRETARY, NURSE, CO- WORKER, JUST ASK ME!!!! NO

Ummm I think that speaks more to individual character than to being able to be friends with somebody who has different genitals than you do...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have had female friends that were just friends. The key is to find someone of the opposite sex that you are so unattracted to and be their friend. Yes it may sound shallow, but if I am not attracted to them I obviously won't want to have sex with them.

I have male friends that I find attractive and will only ever be friends. I don't think it is impossible.

That's because you don't think with your vagina...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on how you define "friends." If a "friend" is someone you might want to sleep with but never actually follow through, then sure. But if we're talking about genuine friendship, I think that's only possible if there isn't a mutual sexual attraction.

In general, if two people find each other sexually attractive, they will never be "just friends." And I don't mean "Sure, he's/she's good looking." I mean "If I could, I would screw his/her brains out every single day." If you think of each other in that way, then you are not just friends, no matter how good you are at concealing your desire to sleep with each other. And all of this "Oh, we'd never do anything like that! We're just friends!" posturing is a bunch of bull****.

How you doin'???
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have had female friends that were just friends. The key is to find someone of the opposite sex that you are so unattracted to and be their friend. Yes it may sound shallow, but if I am not attracted to them I obviously won't want to have sex with them.

I have male friends that I find attractive and will only ever be friends. I don't think it is impossible.

Lol, well I won't argue with you about that :P
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I have a few guy friends where sex (between us) has never come up. We legitimately care for the other persons happiness and well being without desiring one another. We talk about everything under the sun with what is going on in each other's lives and both know its nothing more than friends.
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

^^Winning.

One of my best friends is a male. We have been best friends for 24 years. I have never wanted to sleep with him. Just thinking about it gives me the creeps. I introduced him to his wife. I am his daughter's godmother. Yes, it is possible.
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options

I guess I don't think with my vagina either... wait, what?!?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    We've both been single, in relationships, one in a relationship, whatever and never has there been anything but a platonic friendship there.

exactly this!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    My best friend, who's wedding I was a best man, I was also best friends with his wife (before they were wife and husband). He joked that I shoulda been her best man (Maid of honor?) because I was closer to her.

Till the day I left US, Her and I used to hangout on nearly daily basis. Yes, men and women can be JUST friends.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    My best friend, who's wedding I was a best man, I was also best friends with his wife (before they were wife and husband). He joked that I shoulda been her best man (Maid of honor?) because I was closer to her.

Till the day I left US, Her and I used to hangout on nearly daily basis. Yes, men and women can be JUST friends.

Well, taunto, with that impeccable mug I am just shocked that she could resist you!! :flowerforyou:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    This again? (sigh) Hell yes, you can. You can have friends whose company you enjoy, with no desire whatever to make it sexual, whether the friend is the same or the other gender. Not everybody wants to bang everybody else. I have male friends, we get along great, I have no sexual desire for them or they for me. The same with my husband and his female friends. About time we quit beating that particular dead horse.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have several men who are just my friends and neither of us has ever been attracted to the other. These are men I've known for years, where both of us were single for a lot of that time and we spent significant amounts of time alone together watching movies and having drinks or dinner or whatever. Nothing has ever happened and we've made friends with each other's SOs as they've come into our lives.

Then there are the ones where there is an attraction on one side but not the other and those friendships ended up fizzling because it seems men can only hang around so long when they want something that isn't going to happen.

So, yes. men and women can be friends.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Only if they're wearing snowsuits, snorkels, and a chastity belt.

THEN and only THEN should it be ok.

By this I gather you wish to have sex with everybody you see?
    Sorry, but what a load of crap.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    It all depends on her sandwich making skills. If she can't make a good sandwich...
    update-plain-old-bologna-sandwich-200X200.jpg

...She is friend zoned for life. I don't care how good she is in bed.

If she makes an awesome sandwich....

belly-delly.jpg

There are gonna be real feelings, and things are gonna get really complicated fast.