What kind of bread do you eat?

Options

Replies

• denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Usually Oroweat, but I'm totally open to any and all types of bread!!
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Artizo Heart Health Golden Flax -- delicious & nutty! 140 calories for 2 slices with 7 grams of protein.
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've been eating wasa crispbread. I love it and it's low calorie! Great for open faced sandwiches!
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    whole wheat with wheat germ and lots of crunchy stuff like sunflower seeds and toasted oats and stuff
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    Orowheat 10 grain or nutty grain.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee 45 Calories per slice. It is decent and I feel like I get a whole sandwich w/o the calories. :)

^^ Yup ^^ Me, too. It's the best commercially made lower calorie bread I've tried.
  • melistocrat
    Options
    Ezekial Bread.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I switch it up and sometimes do the Brownberry Sandwich thins and sometimes do the Ezekiel bread (Ezekiel Bread must be kept in the freezer and pull out slices as needed.)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Homemade. I vary what I make by how tempted I wish to be. I LOVE a good Italian or French white but I try to make breads that hubby likes more than I do like rye to keep me out of the bread box.

Another way to keep bread eating to a minimum is Wasa crispbreads. Each one is only 35 cal and it takes a good long time to chew them.
  • LucyMcd1
    LucyMcd1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I used to eat wheat since it was the only healthy bread in my area, and I think rye is good for you...but I don't really eat bread anymore to answer your question haha.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    For "around the house" bread, we use Nature's Own Whole Wheat. It's decent-tasting sliced bread for sandwiches and only 50 calories a slice.

Lately I've been thinking of making my own bread, just to see if I can*.

*I mean specifically me... I've never been good at cooking with doughs that need to rise - for some reason they never rise and the item turns out way too dense. I probably kill the yeast or something.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Depending on my mode and how much baking I want to do. Nothing with gluten, corn, or high gi ingredients ...

1) Coconut and flaxseed soda bread
    2) Besan and rice steam bread (i.e. idlis)
    3) Pancakes: any of the above flours and/or soy flour.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Tesco or Sainsbury's Wholemeal. Not the value range, and not the long life stuff either (don't taste as good). Home baked and the premium breads are out for me because I could eat a loaf a day and get through a lot more butter.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Homemade if possible - mostly some kind of wholemeal or wholemeal/white mixed, preferably with added seeds, pearl barley etc. Or, if I buy it, then I like white sourdough, or ciabatta, or ones flavoured with cheese etc. I bought I really lovely one the other day - a wholemeal pumpkin seed and cranberry loaf that I can't wait to replicate.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    just looking for a healthy, good tasting bread. Thanks!

Assuming you have no intolerance or metabolic conditions warranting limiting bread, any bread would fit your criteria

THIS.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I eat very little bread, a few wraps but that's it.

But that's cause I got used to eating really nice, really expensive bread in my previous job (located within 5 minutes walk of both Sonoma and Bourke Street Bakery)... I've been spoilt and I can't go back to supermarket bread. It's all baked 6 months ago in Ireland anyway ;) (not really, but the controversy about coles bakery items makes me very unlikely to but supermarket bread).
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to rye, pumpernickel, and sourdough.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Ezekial bread made by a local baker if I'm going to eat bread.
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    Rudi's organics Millet....need to keep it frozen and then I toast it....or on occasion the flat-out fold its....in the flax flavor...90 calories, and it folds so you get a top and bottom just like a sandwich for 90 calls