Sticking to it but GAINING!

Options
124»

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I had to come back to post this link. You might find it interesting. SideSteel also addresses the muscle confusion thing here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/841305-corn-used-my-man-parts-as-a-speedbag
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    you sure you're not gaining muscle? i don't know about normal women but i gain muscle really easily, even just walking up my street (granted it takes 10 minutes to walk up and its a very very steep hill) every day made me gain muscle pmsl

I don't think gaining muscle means what you think it means
    ... WOW. I can't even join a weightloss community without someone trying to bully me off the site lol! Sorry, not sorry :D. You're all around 40 years old, grow up already!!!
    I don't think bullying means what you think it means.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    you sure you're not gaining muscle? i don't know about normal women but i gain muscle really easily, even just walking up my street (granted it takes 10 minutes to walk up and its a very very steep hill) every day made me gain muscle pmsl

I don't think gaining muscle means what you think it means
    ... WOW. I can't even join a weightloss community without someone trying to bully me off the site lol! Sorry, not sorry :D. You're all around 40 years old, grow up already!!!
    I don't think bullying means what you think it means.

aed.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Switch up your routine. If you're doing the same exercises everyday then you won't see more progress. The key is interval training and muscle confusion.

If I tell you this is incorrect, will you accuse me of bullying?

Because it's incorrect.

Interval training/muscle confusion shamer!!! Oh, and you're a bully too.

Hey hey now...my beef is with "muscle confusion"...I have nothing against interval training (although I don't believe it is the One True Way). And I don't even have a problem with "muscle confusion" as a means to keep your workout interesting...I just don't believe it has any real support for being most effective. Or said another way, I don't believe it is the "key".

Well why didn't you say so? Or were you using this technique I've heard of where you say things to make a point, a hidden point most of the time and don't say things out in the open to often. I've heard that's an effective strategy.
    That strategy stinks! *plugs nose* Pee yoo!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I'm here. All that needs to be said was already said.

The gifs have started.

I don't have anything to add..

OH - so I can learn something. Yeah. That's it.
  • HoneySunrise
    HoneySunrise Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Don't go by the number on the scale. Start taking measurements and go by how you look and feel. You may not see the changes but other people will start to notice. And while it's not possible to gain that much muscle so quickly, it IS entirely possible that your muscles are retaining water from being worked out suddenly.

Stick with it, you'll see the changes.