124»

Replies

• Tasha_Fat2Fit
    Options
    I just found a way to get my kids to eat fruit! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I also agree that the percentiles are based on averages. And do not indicate being underweight or overweight all on their own. My older daughter is in the 95th percentile for height and way down somewhere around the 5th percentile in weight. She is very tall for her age and she is small framed. My younger daughter is petite and higher percentile in weight (still in the healthy range). But, she still looks tiny and fit. We are all very active in playing, sports and I'm a dancer and they dance with me.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Oooo, the thread cull has begun.

OT: I'm with other people who are simply happy the kid is eating fruit.
  • rekus73
    rekus73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OMG....we could compare notes all day long...lol
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My guess is there is some passive aggression here.....perhaps, he's feeling a little uncomfortable about your success and looks???? Try talking to him about the issue.....certainly don't see separation as a viable solution
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    oh and chocolate powder on a banana sounds good. I think my kids would like it. Do you think it would work with ovaltine? They really like.ovaltine.
  • hdean1989
    hdean1989 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow.... *crickets*
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Wow.... *crickets*

Pretty much. I think this thread is about done.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I used to eat bananas dipped in Nestlé Quick when I was a kid! I didn't know anyone else on earth ate that!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    The thing is this morning for a snack he wanted a banana cut up with that powdered chocolate milk mix on top, um what? yeah that's the way his dad made it for him the other day. My husband is always finding new ways to make food not as good for you, and I'm sick of it!

My dad was worse. He used to feed us grapefruit with the ice tea mix on top.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Also, your husband didn't make the food "less good for you." It's like covering broccoli in cheese - he didn't somehow suck the vitamins and minerals out of the banana. Your child just had a banana AND some chocolate powder. At most he added a few extra calories...totally negligible, and your kid still had a banana :)
  • louisek_72
    Options
    I'm the same way with mu partner. I have an 8 yr old girl who is complaing and stressing because she thinks shes fat. Shes not but all the other girls in her class at school are skinny. I put it down to my partner, firstly I told him that the portions of meals he gives her are far too big. He gives more to her than to me! Then I found out tht he's giving her a big bar of Aero mint chocolate and she eats all of it then on the way home he gives her more chocolate or other stuff thats no good for her. Its SO frustrating!!!! He doesn't understand why I'm "Making a big deal of it" as he says

Louise

:explode: this is how he makes me feel ha ha
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts is banana with powdered peanut butter on top, sometimes with chocolate chips and peanuts on top. Or a frozen banana blended with whatever milk I'm using, protein powder, and then topped with the peanut butter and hot fudge. Tastes like dessert, but one tablespoon of the hot fudge only has 22.5 calories.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Your son will be more likely to have positive associations with the food items your husband does this for as he gets older. It's a good idea as long as it's not overboard. Since you are concerned, maybe you and your husband can go looking up healthy ways to make fruits and veggies creative and fun that you will feel comfortable with. Then you can introduce your kids to all sorts of new flavors and combinations.