Can men & women truly be JUST FRIENDS

Options

Replies

• CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    CharlotteTheCoffeeLover Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Going solely on my past.... No they cannot be...
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Going solely on my past.... No they cannot be...

I feel so sorry for you! You're missing a lot.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    When either one is a cat person, yes. But only until the cat person screws it up.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    They can successfully interact for years without actually being sexual. However, one or both at any given time is thinking "why doesn't he/she want to f#@k me?"
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    For me, very few women and I get along, so yes, men can be friends with women.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have female friends that I do not want to sleep with, despite finding them attractive.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    One guy may or may not fancy you, so you can never be friends with any guys? Logical.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Yes. Unless they have sex, then that ruins everything.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it usually does lead to sex. I am best friends with two guys and I had relations with both. I would never do it again, the thought makes me want to throw up, but it happened in the past. Time has past and they are still my best friends. So yes it can happen, but yes, sometimes sex happens.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Sometimes.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I have several male friends and the relationships are strictly platonic.

Let your yes mean yes and your no mean no. If you are platonic only, be that and nothing more.:tongue:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Why couldn't they? It doesn't make sense to propose that sexually motivated organisms can't control themselves well enough for platonic relationships. Can two gay men, or women not be friends with one another? If they could then it wouldn't make sense to assume that a straight man and woman can't.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Déjà vu.

I'm bisexual. I guess that means I can't have any friends? Or I have to bang them all?

Well, I have lots of friends I've never had sex with, even if I find them attractive. Then a few I did have sex with. Meh.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Ladies better hope so as many to most say they can`t get along with or even stand other women.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Of course we can be just friends. I have Korean male friends and they are just that.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I say they can be just friends, it helps if you think they are ugly. However, most of the guys I make friends with I find attractive. That is why I started talking to them in the first place. They hit on me, I decided I wanted to keep them around so I slowly made them just my buddies.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    My best friend of 16 years is a heterosexual male. We've never had sex. It's possible. He is a huge part of my life.

Your person sounds like a flake that is interested in casual sex.
  • sterven
    sterven Posts: 12
    Options
    Yes BUT!!!!!!!!!!!! There are a lot of women I am just friends with. But if we all want to be honest men think A LOT. So any of those that I have been just friends with I would be a liar if I said I wasn't constantly thinking about how it would be to sleep with them. lol
  • epicrockstar24
    Options
    i think they can, but i think it’s just very uncommon if not rare that they can stay that way, but not impossible. On of my best friends is a dude, when i met him he was crushing on me hard, but i was not interested, i am not attracted to him physically and honestly if i had to be around him 24/7, he’d drive me insane, plus we have very few common interests. But somehow despite the common interests part, we got along great as friends. he was there for me whenever i needed him and same with me. I had a couple boyfriends, 1 of which became a husband, since i met him and none of them ever felt threatened,jealous, or had any sort of negative feelings toward my friendship with him. before he moved i hung out with him several days a week, and there were plenty of times he stay over night at my house or me at his house, because i was too sick, or drunk to take care of myself and needs someone there to help me since i lived alone. none of the guys i was with ever questioned it and most were thankful that i had a guy around who would help me out when i needed it. aside from his crush in the beginning we have never been remotely close to anything more than friends and thats just how they’ll stay.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My husband is my best friend. We became friends first and then got into a deeper relationship. For me sex flows from a friendship relationship. I have never really had any desire to just be friends with amazing guys. If they are so amazing that I want to be friends with them then I would probably end up wanting more from them. I am a person who likes few but deep friendships so if I let another guy in other than my husband they would have to be pretty special and there would be an attraction there. So I do not know if I would be able to unless we are related in some way where there are obvious boundaries like my sister's husband or an uncle or something.