What foods don't agree with you?

Options

Replies

• LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Strawberries - I can only eat about four before wishing that I hadn't.

Diet Coke does some strange things to me involving sports and twitching thighs...
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Two severe food allergies: shellfish and kiwi fruit. Luckily, I don't seem to have any other food allergies/intolerances/sensitivities.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yup, definitely no fiber one. No milk, yogurt. No cocktails though I would occasionally do one. Wine and beer seem ok. Not fan of turkey either.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter as of late. Can have say 15g of the stuff, any more I bloat out and get explosively ill. Shame as I'm in love with the stuff!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Since I was a kid, I've had issues digesting eggs and leafy greens (mainly iceburg). now, as an adult, that allergy/sensitivity has started to spread to romaine and spinach and food with too much egg (like French Toast). I'm also lactose intolerant.

Real eggs I keep to a minimum, but I have found that I can handle Egg Beaters a lot better so am able to eat that more often. I still eat Romaine and Spinach, but I make sure to eat it in smaller portions.
  • JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Options
    Medifast.
    It was the biggest mistake I have ever made to try to lose weight. You don't need special diet food to loose weight. It wasn't that bad at first. I got used to the small meals and some of it doesn't taste that bad. But I found I was loosing almost as much muscle mass as I was fat! And since I have Muscular Dystrophy, that is a major concern because when I loose muscle, I don't ever get it back. I also found I had a growing intolerance to all the protein concentrates. It got to the point that I was feeling sick almost every time I ate. I gave it up, and started eating real food again, I started feeling better almost immediately. I loosing fat, and gaining sacromers and I am feeling much better.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Food not agreeing with me is a foreign concept. We tend to get along all too well.

I do have oral allergy syndrome with tomatoes, bananas, and pineapple, though. Hasn't stopped me from eating them.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Kefir = worst fart ever.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    shrimps
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Foods that I don't like the taste of. I eat everything else and I'm particularly fond of whole wheat, beef, milk, cheese, eggs, seafood, and red bean chili with lots of beef. And that's all the better if washed down with beer.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The only meats that I can eat are turkey and chicken. Any other meat just runs right through me and makes me nauseous the rest of the day.
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    I don't have allergies or anything, but i love licorice and stuff, right? And too bad there is this one kind of licorice that makes me sick..
    But apart from that i can eat close to everything.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Stuffing!!! Plain old Sage & Onion stuffing really upsets my stomach, but I still eat it and deal with the consequences the next day!!!
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am gluten sensitive (gives me headaches, skin breakouts, upsets my stomach) and very recently started having a pretty violent digestive reaction to bananas (felt like something was trying to claw its way out of my intestines). I went 29 years of my life with no food sensitivities, and now all of a sudden... so, to the person who said that at 29 it's unlikely that he/she will develop any allergies, think again! They can develop at any point without any warning.
  • JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Options
    Caffeine. I have zero tolerance. I have never had a cup of coffee in my life. Energy drinks like 5 Hour Energy give me splitting head aches. I took a workout muscle building supplement that had a large amount of caffeine in it. I only took 1/3 of the maximum dose and it was enough to make me even more ill than the 5 Hour Energy. I had visual auras and went into heart palpitations that almost made me pass out. It seems like it is impossible to find a supplement without caffeine. I instead take a nutritionally fortified whey protein supplement.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have found that greasy food now upsets my stomach. Bread and cheese make me feel bloated. Do I still eat all these? Sometimes, because I still enjoy the experience of eating them on some level.

And I don't really like cow's milk. Just because.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm not allergic to dairy cuz I still drink milk, eat eggs, butter, etc. But cheese is the only one that gets me going to the bathroom lol. And of course salt makes you bloat, so that's pretty bad for me too.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly lactose intolerant. It's bad enough that a couple of glasses of milk will send me to the bathroom, but not bad enough that I can't eventually adapt if I'm forced to take it for a couple of weeks.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have a food intolerance for raw mushrooms. Causes severe digestive upset for hours.
  • Marina809
    Marina809 Posts: 38
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean... I discovered this and loved it to death. Within a few hours I felt like death, omg the gas. Never. Again. Was a pity since it was so good.