tattoo for lower back

Options
13»

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Put a pair of eyes right therrrrr.

Um, I don't have any tattoos... yet. But I don't think I want one there.
  • PhiloPray
    PhiloPray Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not for them. At all.

BUT...if i was forced it would say "NOT TODAY PLEASE".
  • dontwishforit_workforit
    Options
    I have both of my shoulders tattooed, but I found designs I loved, waited a few months, still loved them, and went to the same artist that did some of my wife's tattoo's and cover-up's and she put her own twist on them.

First one is a C for my maiden name [Carroll] as my family did not take it well when I took my wife's last name. I love nature and wanted it to be a little 'girly' without being overdone. I am pleased with the result. I had her add the trinity as, to me, it symbolizes a never-ending tie, specifically life, death, rebirth. [for some it is the holy trinity, others maiden/mother/crone, to each your own]

carroll.jpg

Second is for my wife. She had a tattoo done across her forearm to symbolize her eternal commitment to me prior to our marriage. I have always loved the claddagh regardless, so it has dual meaning to me. [Why yes, I am Irish as well]

tatt.jpg

Personally, I think lower back tattoo's are fine if you put meaning into them. I'll second everyone else and say do not choose pre-made work, put thought into it or bring in idea's to your artist and have them draw something for you. You can have a small piece centered on your spine too, do not need what I'd call 'filler' for lack of better word on both sides just to fill it in.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    A bulls eye is always a nice choice
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3GLbw9la4xGZvMWzQxEPfVA4wbGdn0kjEBDZ_nHFH-OI_sN6gBg
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    How about having your name tattooed there so guys don't forget? You could get it written in butterflies.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    A postage stamp with the image of "Tramp" from "Lady and the Tramp" inside. :wink:
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Think about your favorite piece of clothing and then imagine wearing it every day for the rest of your life.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I think tattoos are creative and fun. I have 4 and if I could afford it I would have many more. I have already told all three of my children that I will pay for their first tattoo...after they turn 18. I was 15 when I got my first and it wasn't the best idea. It has since been covered up. But it really does have to mean something to you. The one I had covered up doesn't mean anything to me. Unfortunately. My second one is three roses with my kids first initials above them. That one is on my ankle. I have the Chinese symbol for friendship on the back of my neck that I got with my cousin. And I have a "tramp stamp" as they are called that a good friend of mine drew. I don't regret any of them. Not even the one with no meaning. Which now is just a small rose on my hand. When I reach my goal weight I want to have a bunch of gladiolus put on my thigh. That is the flower for the month of August which is when I was born.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    neither :S
  • elevated12
    Options
    Is this serious? I thought everyone at this point was covering up tramp stamps with new tats.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Is this serious? I thought everyone at this point was covering up tramp stamps with new tats.

Its not the tattoo design, but the location its in that make it a tramp stamp. covering it up wont relocate the tattoo hehehe!
    But yeah, believe it or not, its not the tattoo istelf, but putting anything on the lower back that some are against and think is trashy.

Like I said, though, to me its just a part of the body, I dont get why some people think that particular area of skin is so trashy. Now...if I could tattoo my brain, that would be a seriouly tramp stamp, cause theres no part of my body that can get dirtier than that LoL