Healthy Breakfast

Options
hey what are some healthy breakfast ideas ? PLEASE help !!! I dont like any cereals so mostly smoothies or something that isn't cereal

Replies

• lilliiii2122
    Options
    Normally for breakfast I have cereal because its easy to prepare, but when I'm not having cereal I have smashed avocado on toast, sometimes boiled eggs and sometimes smoothies :) if you google 'healthy smoothie recipes, you'll find a lot of good ones.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yup. I hate eating cereal too. I usually have a smoothie--plain greek yogurt, protein powder (if I worked out), fruit (a variety, depends on what we have on hand) and some almond milk. If I have time and want to chew versus drinking, I do a similar combination but skip the milk and mix in the bowl. Sometimes I add PB2, which is powdered peanut butter, and banana, along with chocolate protein powder instead of the fruit. It is delicious!

Otherwise sauteed veggies and/or scrambled eggs for me. I love my veggies!
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have never been a breakfast eater and I know how bad that was for my health. So a friend of mine suggested Lean shakes from GNC> I love them! Sometimes I have been making my own "morning shakes" with whey protein, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries etc with just water and ice, blending.. YUM. On days I feel like eating I make a two scrambled eggs (just egg whites) a slice of toasted wheat bread, with a teaspoon or so of peanut butter and one slice turkey bacon, a glass of skim milk makes it very filling. :)
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal topped with fruit.
    Some other options are eggs with green pepper, natural plain yoghurt and berries, peanut butter and banana on whole grain toast, or just a fruit salad with some toast and coffee.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Toast

Add peppers, onions and mushrooms and make an omelet.
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    a piece of toasted crusty seedy bread with butter and honey, a pear, coffee with milk, and a soft boiled egg :D
  • spunkybunny
    spunkybunny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I usually have homemade turkey sausage (99% lean ground turkey breast mixed with salt, pepper, sage and poultry seasoning, shaped into 2oz patties and cooked), a piece of cheese and a piece of fruit. Oh and coffee...lots and lots of coffee :-p

On the weekends, I usually scramble eggs, make quiche or make almond flour pancakes. The nice thing about quiche and almond pancakes is that I usually have leftovers.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    egg whites, spinach, mushrooms, and garlic all scrambled together.....my new weekend favorite!
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    coffee, piece of toast with a bit of jam and a piece of fruit, or greek yogurt and some fruit, but always coffee.
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    eggs, oats
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a banana or some oatmeal. But I have a friend that doesn't like any type of breakfast food so she will warm up leftovers from dinner the night before. You don't have to eat breakfast food. You just have to eat. My son doesn't like breakfast food either. He is more than happy eating Ramen noodles for breakfast. (Makes me cringe every time.)
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich and vegetable juice.
  • LeakieChan
    LeakieChan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my perfect breakfast is an egg white omelet with grilled peppers, mushrooms and onions. super low calorie and super filling, and delicious!
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    eggs! Quiche, fried, hard boiled, scrambled, poached, etc....
    You can eat anything for breakfast too. You dont have to have "breakfast" items.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    eggs! Quiche, fried, hard boiled, scrambled, poached, etc....
    You can eat anything for breakfast too. You dont have to have "breakfast" items.

She's right. I often have cold pizza for breakfast.
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    During the week I eat English muffin with pb, normally. On weekend I eat breakfast burrito, or eggs/bacon or left over from supper the night before.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump .... plus lovin my Steel Cut oats for Breakfast... make them over night in the fridge and eat them cold... or do use the microwave and eat them warm... yummy anyway you make them! Fabulous way to start out your day..:flowerforyou:
    Weekdays I usually have homemade turkey sausage (99% lean ground turkey breast mixed with salt, pepper, sage and poultry seasoning, shaped into 2oz patties and cooked),
    gonna have to try this.. if I make my own I can control the sodium and all the other junk put in the store bought ones.. thanks!
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When I don't have cereal I either have egg sandwiches or fruit and yoghurt.
    Personal fave is peach slices with fat free natural yoghurt but just use whatever you like. I tend to use ready prepared peaches (Nature's Finest), they come in a pineapple, grape and a few other fruit's juice/syrup. It makes them slightly higher in sugar but it's all still natural sugar, no added. Guaranteed lovely peaches plus no hassle of pealing and slicing them.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    a piece of toasted crusty seedy bread with butter and honey, a pear, coffee with milk, and a soft boiled egg :D

Oh my goodness, this sounds like a wonderful breakfast!!!