Are there any foods that you don't count?

Options
123457»

Replies

• thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There's a mulberry tree down the street, and I eat all the ripe ones I can reach (usually 2-6) every morning when I walk my dog past, but I don't count them. If you pull it directly off the plant, it doesn't count, right? :)

But pretty much everything else except water and vitamins.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I don't count the taste test. For anything.
  • ellis222
    ellis222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bacon.

After reading MFP, I learned I can soak it in honey and it becomes a zero-calorie food.

lol

It never occurred to me to log vitamins.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I don't log little bits here and there cause I cook lots so I need to taste the food. I also have a kid that eats like a bird, and it hurts my heart to waste food so I might eat her bread crusts once in a while. I don't stress about it too much and am enjoying the journey to a better me.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    For me I don't add cooking spray, I can't be a**ed
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I don't count spices. Garlic powder I normally do because there are more than I thought, but things like salt, pepper, and crushed red peppers...nope, doesn't matter.

I guesstimate on occasion for things like putting ketchup on a burger or something. I weight all of my food normally, but since I'm a light-dabber kind of person...I'm not weighing that bit of condiment. I WILL log the calories in it though.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    For me I don't add cooking spray, I can't be a**ed

This too. Seriously doesn't matter to me. Who counts out a .5 second spray anyway?! :laugh:
  • GettinSwoler
    Options
    The beer
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The problem I see is that calorie counts are inexact, so people who log things that have very small calorie counts are probably kidding themselves that they are creating a very accurate record.

I don't log gum or green Tabasco (which is good all almost everything ;)
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Bacon.

After reading MFP, I learned I can soak it in honey and it becomes a zero-calorie food.
    MMmmm Bacon and Honey!
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @msmcline..."I do not count vlasic dill pickles, they have no calories. Anything that has zero calories I do not count."

You should rethink this and add it in.....dill pickles have alot of added sodium in it. Some vlassic spears have 280 mg in just one spear!

Edited to add @Finding & anyone else who doesn't log spices ...--you'd be surprised at spices. I was when I used chili powder to one of my dishes. Sodium is 76mg sodium per tablespoon, 1.26 gm of fat, 4 gm of carb. On the positive side, it has almost a gm of protein, 144mg of potassium, high in Vit A (44%), Vit C 8%, Iron 6%, & Calcium 2%.

HTH:smile: ( And yes, I do watch my sodium)
    Vlassic pickles do have Low Sodium pickles now. They taste the same as the higher sodium counterparts!
  • JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Options
    I counted the dried spices when I wrote a couple of recipes. I even tried adding the caloric content of a single blueberry.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    occasionally i wont count lettuce or carrots. and i occasionally wont count an arby sauce packet.
    That is all i can think of right now lol
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I don't log my prescription medications or dried spices, but I do log everything else.