Butt building workout?

Options
13»

Replies

• uglybooty
    uglybooty Posts: 9
    Options
    you need to seek out the fighter diet gal, Pauline nordin... she has a butt bible and she will give it to you straight... she has an awesome *kitten* and everything else, check her out!!

Thanks
  • DDCNY
    DDCNY Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For all these people knocking you about wanting to lose weight and build muscle...I'm SMH.

I have increased the girth of my thighs and upper arms by a total of .5" in each arm and .75" in each thigh because of weight lifting. I have still lost 54 lbs and am working on losing more. But it was because of a very high protein diet. When I was steadily going to the gym every other night and working my upper and lower body every other night - I was eating approximately 50% of my calories in lean protein. You do have to feed those muscles to get them to increase in size. But you certainly don't have to eat at a calorie surplus. My two cents on what has worked for me.

The plus? When I am building muscle I end up craving protein. I can more easily shun the starchy carbs and don't even look at sweets when I have been working hard to build muscle. You know what? You've just motivated me to go back to lifting weights more regularly to keep building muscle. heheh
  • dilonka
    dilonka Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey There!!!!
    I've done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have quite small bum and always wanted to be litttle bit bigger...I always been active person but never could find anything to help me with my small bum...until my friend recommeded me personal instructor who motivate thousands of people to get active and be happy about it....I was quite sceptical at first but decided to give it a go!!! After few weeks I've noticed the difference and now my bum is more juicy and definitely not as flat as it used to be.
    So I do recommend to have a look BUT there's one small problem, the workout is in polish but I'm sure you'll get it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zFp62CKSbY&list=PL96rKNO5D7pKqi0CPNh9hbAsMsd4cVRhg&index=6

xxxxx
  • pauliie1986
    pauliie1986 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I want to build my butt too! Its good to hear that it is possible. I found this workout on Youtube that I want to try once I've lost a bit of weight first and built up some strength. The workout specifically targets the butt and has a variety of workouts so it shouldn't get boring. Here is the link to the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUZuKIUXcYg
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    at no point was i talking about 1-3 sets total, it seemed clear to me, that i meant per exercise.
    i never count the total sets in the workout.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    stronglifts 5x5 has really improved the shape of my butt (and my thighs too for that matter). It's the squats and the deadlifts that have done that. So my advice is do any heavy lifting programme that includes very heavy squats and deadlifts, and unless you're already an experienced weightlifter, it needs to be a beginner one where you start fairly light to learn the correct form, and progressively add more weight as you get stronger. Like stronglifts 5x5 or starting strength. Make sure you learn the form really carefully, because incorrect form can cause injuries when you start lifting heavy weights. But if it's a nice shaped butt you want, definitely very heavy squats and deadlifts will help.
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have! I went from a large, flabby butt to a small saggy butt to a round, bootylicious one :D

There is a photo in my gallery that I can't post here as I'm in my underwear so it will get removed but have a look. Heavy squats, deadlifts, step ups, lunges, romanians, glute ham raises and weighted hip thrusts built mine. Along with eating lots, of course :)

Just checked out your butt pictures and holy cow, you weren't kidding. Nice job! That is probably exactly the transformation the OP is talking about.
  • katy_trail
    Options
    you need to seek out the fighter diet gal, Pauline nordin... she has a butt bible and she will give it to you straight... she has an awesome *kitten* and everything else, check her out!!

no. i've tried this, well i did part of it. it was extremely boring. and didn't use weights.
    you'll get much better results from using a barbell.
    heavy weights. squating if nothing else.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Women focusing entirely on their glutes are like the guys in the gym who only focus on their arms and chest, so they do a lot of biceps curls and bench press.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    For all these people knocking you about wanting to lose weight and build muscle...I'm SMH.

I have increased the girth of my thighs and upper arms by a total of .5" in each arm and .75" in each thigh because of weight lifting. I have still lost 54 lbs and am working on losing more. But it was because of a very high protein diet. When I was steadily going to the gym every other night and working my upper and lower body every other night - I was eating approximately 50% of my calories in lean protein. You do have to feed those muscles to get them to increase in size. But you certainly don't have to eat at a calorie surplus. My two cents on what has worked for me.

The plus? When I am building muscle I end up craving protein. I can more easily shun the starchy carbs and don't even look at sweets when I have been working hard to build muscle. You know what? You've just motivated me to go back to lifting weights more regularly to keep building muscle. heheh
    There are exceptions of a few people who can build muscle on calorie deficit (returning athlete, very overweight/obese, newbie) but even then the amount is minimal and short lived. And once that's reached, one retains muscle and doesn't build because to build new tissue, one adds mass.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JackB121
    JackB121 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Squats, and deadlifts. And squats. You can bet that those girls with the awesome butts you see in the gym are doing their compound lower body movements :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    at no point was i talking about 1-3 sets total, it seemed clear to me, that i meant per exercise.
    So say you do 2 sets total per exercise. And you do 4 exercises. That's 8 sets. That's too low a volume for someone trying to add muscle. Sorry, but doing this for 30 years, I'm more than sure that got much more insight to it than you think I do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm a dancer and the glutes are the strongest, most important muscle in the body, especially for dancers. It is where all the movements originate from. If you don't have strong glutes, you will get injured and have a decreased range of motion and strength. I was trained as a dancer to always use and activate the glutes. Everyone should work on the glutes. It's very easy for the glutes to not be activating properly, especially as you get older and for people that have been sedentary, had injuries, or are untrained. There is a lot you can do with body weight exercises for the upper body because you can take your whole body weight into your arms, but you walk around with your legs and glutes all day already and they are able to support your own body weight easily.. Heavy weights will help with the glutes the most. And the compound moves get the glutes as well as the rest of the body. Deadlifts are my favorite. I also do squats, hip thrusts, and glute kickbacks, step ups. Lunges are good as well. Lunges and squats (with heavy weights) are difficult for me because of structural issues in my feet/knees (also because of my knee issues and being a dancer I am supposed to be cautious about not becoming quad dominant). But, Bret Contreras is the glute guy in heavy weight lifting, so he has the best info to learn from. For upper body I also try and stick with compound moves that will work my whole body as well. And the core gets worked from all the weights and compound moves. The core is worked during everything that you do.
  • JovanValor
    JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Use Hypotraphy training.

Use an ammount of weight that you can do a max of 12reps; But yet execute Great form by lowering deep on the reps and slow on the negatives(Back up)

I dont want to overload the post with the details but i do recommend doing a search on youtube for these keywords

Hypertrophy training

Negative Repetitions

-And most importantly-

Macronutrient intake

And then patience and dedication :D
  • katy_trail
    Options
    I'm a dancer and the glutes are the strongest, most important muscle in the body, especially for dancers. It is where all the movements originate from. If you don't have strong glutes, you will get injured and have a decreased range of motion and strength. I was trained as a dancer to always use and activate the glutes. Everyone should work on the glutes. It's very easy for the glutes to not be activating properly, especially as you get older and for people that have been sedentary, had injuries, or are untrained. There is a lot you can do with body weight exercises for the upper body because you can take your whole body weight into your arms, but you walk around with your legs and glutes all day already and they are able to support your own body weight easily.. Heavy weights will help with the glutes the most. And the compound moves get the glutes as well as the rest of the body. Deadlifts are my favorite. I also do squats, hip thrusts, and glute kickbacks, step ups. Lunges are good as well. Lunges and squats (with heavy weights) are difficult for me because of structural issues in my feet/knees (also because of my knee issues and being a dancer I am supposed to be cautious about not becoming quad dominant). But, Bret Contreras is the glute guy in heavy weight lifting, so he has the best info to learn from. For upper body I also try and stick with compound moves that will work my whole body as well. And the core gets worked from all the weights and compound moves. The core is worked during everything that you do.

:flowerforyou: :heart: I love you
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :heart: I love you

Aaaw, thanks!!! :blushing: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • uglybooty
    uglybooty Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey There!!!!
    I've done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have quite small bum and always wanted to be litttle bit bigger...I always been active person but never could find anything to help me with my small bum...until my friend recommeded me personal instructor who motivate thousands of people to get active and be happy about it....I was quite sceptical at first but decided to give it a go!!! After few weeks I've noticed the difference and now my bum is more juicy and definitely not as flat as it used to be.
    So I do recommend to have a look BUT there's one small problem, the workout is in polish but I'm sure you'll get it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zFp62CKSbY&list=PL96rKNO5D7pKqi0CPNh9hbAsMsd4cVRhg&index=6

xxxxx

I don't know about anyone else, I'm I'm glad to hear its possible. Thanks.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

um, you should be.