Have you tried this fad? What do you think about it?

Options

Replies

• KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    This is amazing..... and MFP is free and look how amazing everyone is doing! It doesn't cost anything to have will power and self control. It sure costs a lot to be lazy and desperate.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Compression is an excellent technique.
    I know a great way to lose about 6-10 inches in a matter of minutes.

Lay in an industrial press.

All them toxins will bust right out.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Its crap! If anything..losing water retention...just to gain it back again..
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    back202513.jpg

fine print says you still have to diet and exercise and they don't have to prove anything.

it sounds like my raisin diet.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    wow, you can't even prove it's the same person in that ad...
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    This is one thing I hate about facebook is the amount of posts and event invites for It Works. They are expensive and they don't work in the long term.

If you are going to an event for example, a body wrap may be a good addition just because it will temporarily remove some inches. They will not make you lose fat. It is water loss. It won't detox your body, it won't remove toxins, it won't make you lose fat and any results seen will not be permanent unless you keep using the products constantly.

Note the posture of people within the progress pictures. People are either closer or further from the camera. Some you can tell have their tummy's sucked in. Some are leaning forward or backwards, etc.

I personally would rather spend the money on exercise stuff or great food instead of a wrap. I would rather spend $30 on some fresh fruits and vegetables than go to a wrap party and be wrapped in chemicals and plastic or spend that $30 on a new set of workout clothing, shoes, dumbells, a workout video, etc.

A bit of cellulite cream, a roll of saran wrap and a bit of time working out does the same. Spread some cream on your belly, wrap it tightly with saran wrap and do some cardio and you will get the same results for maybe $0.50 a wrap.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Kathleen - There is ONLY one way to lose weight, TO CONSUME LESS CALORIES THAN YOU BURN ! The larger the gap between the two, the more weight you will lose. IT IS A SCAM, could be called:

"GIVE ME YOUR MONEY TO MAKE ME RICH"
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    OK...so most people agree it's a fad. Then why are people falling for it? Are people that desperate for a quick fix?

Raspberry Ketones
    Green tea Extract
    Lemonade Cayenne Pepper Cucumber whatever drink
    Alli
    HCG
    Phentermine
    Algae
    Metabolife
    FitForLife
    Atkins
    ItWorks
    GM Diet
    Diet Shoes
    DNA Diet
    Diet for your Blood Type

........stop me anytime....these are just some discussed here in the last few days...so...yeah.
    ^ This. The "diet" industry preys upon the desperation and gullibility of people looking for a quick fix to lose weight. If you read through the MFP forums, you'll see why they're prospering. There are people who jump from one fad/scam to the next, one after another, wasting money in a futile search for the magic pill that will "melt the fat" off them, "detox" them, "jumpstart" their weight loss, "spark" their metabolism, etc. If any of these things truly worked, 1) everybody would know about it, and 2) we wouldn't have the number of obese people we have.

The only place diet scams make you lose weight is in your wallet.

As for ItWorks, it's a useless scam just like the rest of them. Ignore the clever marketing and glowing promises - it does nothing for weight loss or "detoxing".
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I know 3 people who have tried it. Two were crushed in their disappointment, one tried to sell me the products so she could earn points for more (or some such). Of the three, two are already IMO quite thin for their height and lifestyle; they could do with weight training but don't need to lose more "fat", so I don't know if there would be anything for a sweat wrap to remove.

When one went onto Facebook and ranted about how there was no change however-many-dollars later, she had two ladies go after her saying "sometimes it takes time, do you want to book another try?" Um, heck no, I hope!
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to look at it as a lifestyle change. If it's something you can't sustain over a long period of time it won't work longterm. This is a scam pure and simple. You'll lose water weight and gain it right back. Also, if she says Dr. Oz endorses it she's lying. He doesn't endorse any products and he has a list of trusted partners on his website. He won't even give name brands anymore because people will slap his name on anything.

It's a lifestyle change, pure and simple. Make smarter choices, make exercise a priority, and enjoy the long term benefits.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    He doesn't endorse any products and he has a list of trusted partners on his website. He won't even give name brands anymore because people will slap his name on anything.

How do you define "endorse"?

He regularly promotes miracle fat loss supplements.

Here is one example of a completely useless product that Dr Oz featured on his show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy2hzoqmB4s
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of that scene (possibly in the "Full Monty") where that "larger" feller wraps his stomach in clingfilm and sits and has a Mars Bar....
  • joie49
    joie49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just another gimmick. You said it in your post, eat healthy and exercise. :wink:
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have looked into this product. Not to buy it just because I heard it and I like to look into this type of stuff. I looked at reviews where people show their body before, during and after, and I read reviews on different sites that offer reviews. I think the product works for some people, but not all, and can cause problems for some people. The problems having to do with allergies to what is in the actual raps. So far I think the product is something to be used before and during vacation or if there is a special even coming up that the person wants to look smaller for. Most of the reviews I found that said the raps work were talking about loosing inches. I would rather wear the pantyhose I have with the control top. The ones I get are about $10 a pair depending on where I get them. The wraps on the website are about $15 or about $25 each depending on if you are a loyal customer or not and the site says they are single use wraps. I do not see paying that much money per item for something that is only supposed to be used once if I was going to try and use them every few days. I'm cheap though.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    yes, it works. the ancient Egyptians used these all the time.

the catch is that you have wrap yourself up and wear it for 5000 years.

IN21_MUMMY_1241f.jpg

...but at least you'll have that thigh gap you're looking for, in about 5 millennia! :tongue:
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    LOL very funny
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz = image-42.jpg~original
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    OK...so most people agree it's a fad. Then why are people falling for it? Are people that desperate for a quick fix?

Raspberry Ketones
    Green tea Extract
    Alli
    HCG
    Phentermine
    Algae
    Metabolife
    FitForLife
    Atkins
    ItWorks
    GM Diet
    Diet Shoes
    DNA Diet
    Diet for your Blood Type

........stop me anytime....these are just some discussed here in the last few days...so...yeah.

Wheat Belly. Made me sooooo sick. I lost five pounds --- of muscle.
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Raspberry Ketones
    Green tea Extract
    Alli
    HCG
    Phentermine
    Algae
    Metabolife
    FitForLife
    Atkins
    ItWorks
    GM Diet
    Diet Shoes
    DNA Diet
    Diet for your Blood Type

THIS

what do I think? If you all buy my magic beans you will make me a wealthy woman.. the old adage a fool and his money are soon parted comes to mind...
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    YES!! I am beginning to wonder about Dr Oz!! He's being paid BIG $$$ to endorse CRAP!!! :huh: