What Running Shoes do you wear?

Options

Replies

• zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Adidas Supernova Glide 4. The 5 is out now, but I bought 6 pairs of the 4s, so I won't have to worry about that for another year.

Holy crap! That's expensive running habit! I thought my cycling addiction was bad...
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I was convinced Asics are the Bentley of all running shoes. With that said, I purchased some Asics Nimbus about a month ago and they are NOT my favorite shoes. I will go back to Nike Shox.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am getting into that dangerous territory where I have more shoes than my wife! Anyway, in order of preference: Saucony Virrata (2 pair), Altra Samson, Mizuno Cursoris, Altra Torin and Asic Nimbus Gel. For me, the last two are not wearable for running and I am souring on the Mizuno's. The asics aren't bad for knocking around in, but I can't run in them. Looking to try some innov8's and maybe a Merrell or New Balance minimal shoe.

Been running in NB Minimus for while and found them ok. I just bought a pair of Merrell Vapor Glove and really like them. They are similar to ballet slippers. LOL

Funny you mention the vapor glove...I have a pair in my amazon cart, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Guess I should give it a shot!
  • _dinorah
    _dinorah Posts: 11
    Options
    Just bought a pair of Nike free TR fit 3 breathe

Absolutely love the color lol. I haven't ran yet but I've been wearing them on hiking trails
    And so far they feel great
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ravena 3! I absolutely love them!! I switched from a pair of sauconys that were giving me blisters and I am so happy fleet feet suggested these!!
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    Rebook Reflex and some old Saucany. Reflex feel great but not much support.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Saucony Ride. I've tried a couple of other shoes, but keep coming back to the ride. Have two pairs of ride 3, two pairs of ride 5, and a pair of ride 6 in my closet!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My history of running shoes:

Brooks "The Beast" - got them at my heaviest. Good starter shoes
    New Balance N450's (or something like that)
    A pair of Ascics of which I cannot remember the model
    Saucony ProGrid Mirage
    Brooks Pure Flow (two pairs)
    New Balance Road Minimus (which have actually become my weekend, I'm wearing shorts and don't want to find any socks shoes)
    And, the latest pairs:
    Saucony Virata
    Merrell Mix Master 2 Trail Running

I've definitely trended minimalist without going gorilla-feet. Light weight, but still some cushion. The Virata and the Mix Masters are both good for short run sprints (light weight) and good for long runs.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    New Balance. Always New Balance. The minimus is actually the most maxed out running shoe I've worn in years. I used to buy the tennis shoes marked "lifestyle" (non-running shoes), with the thinnest sole I could find and wear them until my toes popped out the top. My boyfriend bought me minimus for Christmas, and I love these for trails and roads, just enough cushion to heal strike or mid strike if you want, and they keep you from getting a nasty bruised foot if you come down on a rock on the trail.
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Asics!!!
  • mjh4cwh1
    mjh4cwh1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I wear mizuno. I have problems with over pronating and they are great. I was fitted professionally at Fleet Feet.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I am getting into that dangerous territory where I have more shoes than my wife! Anyway, in order of preference: Saucony Virrata (2 pair), Altra Samson, Mizuno Cursoris, Altra Torin and Asic Nimbus Gel. For me, the last two are not wearable for running and I am souring on the Mizuno's. The asics aren't bad for knocking around in, but I can't run in them. Looking to try some innov8's and maybe a Merrell or New Balance minimal shoe.

Been running in NB Minimus for while and found them ok. I just bought a pair of Merrell Vapor Glove and really like them. They are similar to ballet slippers. LOL

Funny you mention the vapor glove...I have a pair in my amazon cart, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Guess I should give it a shot!

They run large. I generally wear a size 12 and was told to buy 11's, heck I had to return them and get 10 1/2 !

I believe you may find them cheaper at Running Warehouse -http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-MVAPGL3.html

$63.88 and free 2 day delivery.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Nimbus Size 15
    Mizuno Wave creation Size 15
    Aetrex Lynco L400 Insoles

I have flirted with the Brooks Glyrcerin but I always seem to come back to Asics.
  • LolaTootsie
    LolaTootsie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had Saucony Hurricanes for years, but switched to Brooks Trance fairly recently. I have high arches and pronate inward so sometimes it's tricky to find a shoe with the right support.
  • marmalade2000
    Options
    Newton Distance for shorter runs/races (10km) and Newton Gravity for Half to Full Marathon distances.
  • lavonnelrausch
    lavonnelrausch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Asics girl here. Love em tried a few other brands but always go back to my Asics
  • 808haoleboy
    808haoleboy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got short, wide feet with high arches. New Balance Minimus has been my faithful shoe for the last few years. Love em to death. Won't ever go back to a "regular" running shoe again. No pains from running anymore!

NBs seem to be pretty accepting of people with wide feet. My brother wears them also for the same reason.
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The first shoes I ran in were Saucony and I LOVE THEM STILL, but they're worn out. I had a pair of Brooks that I hated, and I'm currently in a pair of Brooks Glycerin that I adore, aside from the fact that they're ugly as sin.

For more info: I'm an under pronator with wide toes and a narrow ankle.
  • SpinCyn
    SpinCyn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    New Balance
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    The first shoes I ran in were Saucony and I LOVE THEM STILL, but they're worn out. I had a pair of Brooks that I hated, and I'm currently in a pair of Brooks Glycerin that I adore, aside from the fact that they're ugly as sin.

For more info: I'm an under pronator with wide toes and a narrow ankle.

After each training session (or race) I write in my diary at home, the time, distance ran and other info off my HRM, then at the bottom I write which pair of Saucony I ran in (I have three pair to rotate them lol) and have a running total of the mileage.

My blue ones are on 770km (480 miles approx) - once they reach 800km I will chuck them and replace them as the shoes break down and are not as supportive.

I will miss my blue ones though, they have a special place in my heart, they were the pair that got me out onto the road :cry: