Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Replies

• tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Thuy Trang. Original Yellow Power Ranger.

yes! I wanted to be her!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    No love for Corey Haim? He was one half of The Coreys! :sad:

Me! I was going to post his name. :sad:
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction .As a result, she publicly supported policies that led directly to greater suffering among the people she had pledged to help, discouraging the use of prophylactics that could have prevented unwanted pregnancies and slowed the spread of AIDS and other STDs.

Mother Teresa’s Homes of the Dying served only to warehouse the sick in unsanitary conditions until they were too weak to protest against baptism into the Catholic faith. Lets not even get into the atrocities at her homes for the dying. The last thing we need isore people that think suffering is a good thing.

I agree. I think everyone here has suffered enough from your unsolicited trolling. Back to the original thread. Nothing to see here...

How am I trolling because I think she wasn't the "saint" she's made out to be? Do a little research on the woman. Crap Angelina Jolie does more for the poor than she did.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people.[1]. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

Sigh. Sucked in again. =( Back to ORIGINAL forum topic.

I miss Mr. Rogers. He would understand.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction .As a result, she publicly supported policies that led directly to greater suffering among the people she had pledged to help, discouraging the use of prophylactics that could have prevented unwanted pregnancies and slowed the spread of AIDS and other STDs.

Mother Teresa’s Homes of the Dying served only to warehouse the sick in unsanitary conditions until they were too weak to protest against baptism into the Catholic faith. Lets not even get into the atrocities at her homes for the dying. The last thing we need isore people that think suffering is a good thing.

Have you been to India? Have you seen the suffering and horrible conditions? Have you seen people walk up to her crying for help? She walked with my dad one time and on their way she saw a man fallen in the gutter. Without even thinking she bent down and tried to pick him. She couldnt, so my dad lifted him up and took him back with her where she put him on a clean bed and got nurses to clean him feed him.... Im not Catholic...ive seen her work, first hand. ....this comment you wrote is truly poisonous. Have you tried helping people even a fraction of the way she tried?

I've helped people more. I don't belive suffering and pain and death are good things like her. The children strapped down to beds and gagged, the horrible conditions people faced in her homes. Please tell me how they are good things.she refused pain medication to dying people so they could be more like Jesus in their suffering.

Well I can certainly see that. At the young age of 36 I see you have helped a lot. However, I fail to understand how mocking somebody who have helped (admittedly fewer people than you while you worked in retail in Texas, playing on your iPhone, working out on the track) makes them a fraud? I mean I know you have lived a very tough life (what with the phone contract that you're having a hard time getting out of etc) but.. just try to imagine a woman helping out poor kids. That isn't too shabby in my humble opinion.

Unfortunately, public cannot nominate Noble prize nominations else I would nominate you for noble prize, Poison.

Hmmmm well let's see I run the meals on wheels in my town, spend every week at the soup kitchen. Donate half my paycheck EVERY week to a charity. Personally the person that drops change in the little jar at 711 does more good than a woman that belived people should suffer and is ok with dying children being strapped into beds. But hey it was India expect ions are different there right?:huh:

who is contesting you? I already agreed that you should be the next Noble prize winner for telling us all your fabulous achievement and repeatedly letting us know how much better you are than her. I mean, I'm sure you were modest and that in your childhood you walked to your school
    barefoot
    in 2 feet snow
    uphill
    BOTH ways

And I admit, I hadn't heard of Mother Teresa wishing children to suffer and wishing them dead. Good for those kids though. That you donate your time with meals on wheels and kitchen soup in Texas. I say they got all the help you did in Texas while they were in India. I only wished I could read where Mother Teresa said "Damn!! dem Indians sure make a lot of babies. I will disguise myself as a helper, convince the world I'm trying to save them but in reality, i'll be giving poison in the form of kool-aid. Dying Indian babies LOOOOVE kool-aid!". Can you source that (or something similar) for me please?

Oh and thank you for that spare change in 7/11. I'm sure at least 1% of it made it out of the store.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Patrick Swayze and Christopher Reeves
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    tumblr_mct68zuicD1r4iq8qo1_500.jpg
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Returning to add the name of one of the kindest musicians I have ever had the pleasure/honor of meeting....

Dimebag Darrell of Pantera. *RIP*

This one really stunned me too. I never got to meet him, but thought he was an amazing artist. Glad I got to see him with Pantera a couple times.
    Stunned... yeah... for him to be blatantly murdered in front of fans at a show is just horrible. Not only do I feel bad for his brother who saw it happen and his family... but all those fans at the show that saw that happen... they will have that event replay in their brains forever. So unfair, so surreal... and to such a good, good guy.... :\

(Edited for typo....)
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Lassie
    Bambis mother
    Simba s father, all very traumatic
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Mr. Rogers and John Ritter
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member

^What an amazing event to have in your past. I'm not Catholic but she was one of the most amazing people in the world!

Princess Diana was tragic. Bernie Mac, Steve Irwin, Jack Klugman (my kids cried, they love the Odd Couple), Heath Ledger (I named one of my kids after his character in Patriot), Audry Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn, Mr Rogers and Captain Kangaroo, River Phoenix (because I was a kid and had a crush on him).
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Definately Chris Farley
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Not a celebrity...but Terri Schaivo's death effected me so deeply. I was only in middle school and I was stuck to the news the entire two weeks, screaming at my television at the injustice of it all. My dad called me the morning she died and I cried all day.
  • misssophieleigh
    misssophieleigh Posts: 55 Member
    Brittany Murphy, Heath Ledger.
    Brittany Murphy for sure!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Chris Farley
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    John Travolta's son
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    MJ
  • inyourdreams21
    inyourdreams21 Posts: 25 Member
    Aaliyah
  • I've only cried over two celebrity deaths.

Heath Ledger was the first. He was one of my favourite actors and one of my all-time favourite movies is Candy. I remember in high school, my best friend and I kept renting Candy over and over again (instead of just buying it) and we rented it one weekend, and a few days later was when Heath died. I was devastated.

The second was Sahara Davenport. I still can't watch the episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race with her in them, especially the one where she's eliminated because it's so sad. The entire drag community was a mess when she passed away and that hurt the most, seeing all of them hurting so much, especially Sahara's partner, Manila. It was incredibly sad.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    You know those people that go to like, Olive Garden, and they've been there before and they were happy with it, and then one day a waiter was a little snippy and they stomp their feet and whine and cry and decide they're never going to another Olive Garden ever ever again, and they tell all their friends how horrible Olive Garden is because one time, the waiter was a little too snippy...? Yepp, that's what's going on here.

olive garden is horrible. from its bad bread sticks and salad to its sub par pasta.

lol. I like Olive Garden well enough. I can get better Italian food that's really italian elsewhere, but it's good when I don't have a huge budget.

Are you ignoring the fact that they MAKE that food with TOP QUALITY microwaves and PRE-MADE, PROCESSED sauces? I have first-hand experience of this from my friend and I think you should know that MY homemade Italian food is so much better than that crap. All my friends and family say so in my hometown. Too bad I don't have a chain restaurant for my food...so much better than Olive Garden's cruelty to food and fraudulence.

Do your research, people! Gawwwwlllll.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    heath ledger

Yes.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Dale Earnhardt
  • Freddie Prinze tore me up (Freddie Prinze Jr's dad). Such a tragedy.

Steve Irwin and Davy Jones were hard to take too.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    John Travolta's son

I so agree. No parent should ever bury their child. My heart ached when I heard of Jett's sudden death. So sad.
  • James1935
    James1935 Posts: 37 Member
    John Lennon. I remember what I as doing when I heard the news - it was so sad.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Are you ignoring the fact that they MAKE that food with TOP QUALITY microwaves and PRE-MADE, PROCESSED sauces? I have first-hand experience of this from my friend and I think you should know that MY homemade Italian food is so much better than that crap. All my friends and family say so in my hometown. Too bad I don't have a chain restaurant for my food...
    OMG!!! A restaurant that uses pre-made processed sauces? SAY IT ISN'T SOOOOOO!!!!

You have first hand experience of this.... second hand, from your FRIEND!!!! GET OUT!!!!!!!!!

Your home-made Italian food is better? OH GIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL share your recipes!!!! If your friends and family say so it must be TRUE!!!!!

I WILL BE YOUR SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE,
    Love you long time,
    P Deen-diggity
  • Oh Chris Farley. You gave us all countless laughs and it was a tragedy to lose such an amazing acting talent at such a young age.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    John Bonham
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Not a celeb but Princess Diana`s death really made me sad

You know I can still remember the night that happened. I was also thinking Michael Jackson, Chris Farley, and Phil Hartman.
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    John Ritter. Always made me laugh watching threes company. Its a tragedy he was taken so young
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    John Lennon
    John Belushi

Gilda Radner - Roseanna Danna!

Princess Di

John Denver

Increasingly they have helped us all