Breast Augmentation; yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    *plus, it don't hurt that, living in hot as *kitten* Arizona, I can go bra-less! Yay!

Gah. So jealous of that. >_<
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have a similar build and have thought about new boobs in the past. I decided against them when I thought about having to explain them to my children. Plus boobs seem inconvenient.
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I want smaller breast. It is hard to find supportive bras.
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to please yourself.
  • ptminer
    ptminer Posts: 2
    Options
    Women that have a small chest are more attractive. That's just one mans opinion.
  • BananaFaceFace
    BananaFaceFace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 24 years old and because of a continuous cycle of losing weight, gaining weight and repeating that x100 I now have the boobs of an 80 year old. I'm definitely for augmentation (if only I had the money). Its your body do as you wish.

I also find it interesting how its acceptable to most people to have braces to correct our teeth but some of those people would be against corrective breast surgery or any other type of surgery that changes someones appearance.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Funny how I know that I have answered this exact question at least 3 other times, lol.

Condensed version of my answer: YAY. It was the best decision that I have made for myself in a long time. I did it for me, not to impress anyone or to get a guy (my husband liked me a 32AA, but was supportive of me and loves my new bust too, mainly because it came with a giant helping of self confidence).

I find it funny that more than one person has responded with what a man likes. Sorry, but...who gives a s***??? Women who do this for the right reason are NOT doing it for you, or any man. They are doing it for THEMSELVES. You think the only reason women do anything is to look pretty for a dude? So seriously wrong...

OP: if you want to do it, go for it. Don't look for approval from anyone else. This is something insanely personal and should be all about how YOU feel about YOU.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    its simple if you want it get it. For me im 5'9 and I dont know why I always thought I wanted to get "new boobs" because I think mine are too small. And I will get it. No matter what other ppl say. Its for me.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and before reduction in 2005 I was a 40G!!! Reduced to a D. Since then I'm about 40 lbs lighter and my boobs at this point are in the way. Almost to the point where I want to get another reduction down to a C cup. I also have a large frame so I carry them well but they are an annoyance. From jogging to buying clothes. If it would make you happy then do it. Just think about it a lot first.

I had one when I was 19 (E to a small D) and I'm thinking about getting another one too. I gained a bit of them back so now I'm a 34DD but being 5'2" I look kind of cartoonish. It is SUPER annoying! I think larger chested girls always hope that weight loss and exercise will reduce them, but it never works!

That being said and back to the original question, only you can decide what's right for you. Make sure you get a really good doctor, talk about all your options, and think really hard about it. Surgery is a big deal. Having had breast surgery, recover is more annoying than painful (not being able to wash yourself, sleeping on your back if you're used to your tummy, and depending on if they take off the nipple (they usually go through the armpit now) it itches like crazy when it's healing back on.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I am 24 years old and because of a continuous cycle of losing weight, gaining weight and repeating that x100 I now have the boobs of an 80 year old. I'm definitely for augmentation (if only I had the money). Its your body do as you wish.

I also find it interesting how its acceptable to most people to have braces to correct our teeth but some of those people would be against corrective breast surgery or any other type of surgery that changes someones appearance.

The risks are not really comparable, I think that's why. A lift makes more sense to me from a risk POV than an implant (which, no matter what, is a foreign body, in the body). Personally, I'm too much of a control freak to leave it up to a surgeon, the implant manufacturer, and my immune system to sort out. Also, I am annoyed that some cultures (like ours) define femininity exclusively in terms of boobs; not all cultures do, and there are so many other ways to be beautiful.

But I think people should do what they want, as long as the risks & costs are deeply taken into account. The idea of saving extra money for touch-ups sounds reasonable.
  • BananaFaceFace
    BananaFaceFace Posts: 70 Member
    Options

The risks are not really comparable, I think that's why. A lift makes more sense to me from a risk POV than an implant (which, no matter what, is a foreign body, in the body). Personally, I'm too much of a control freak to leave it up to a surgeon, the implant manufacturer, and my immune system to sort out. Also, I am annoyed that some cultures (like ours) define femininity exclusively in terms of boobs; not all cultures do, and there are so many other ways to be beautiful.

But I think people should do what they want, as long as the risks & costs are deeply taken into account. The idea of saving extra money for touch-ups sounds reasonable.

I totally understanding what you're saying in regards to risk but the point I was trying to make is that there is a negative connotation to having breast surgery as society views people who have it as fake or plastic however changing some other parts is acceptable.

It seems rather hypocritical and not to mention some people including myself have had their jaws broken because of crooked teeth so there's some risk involved there.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Nay, don't men prefer all natural??

Yes, all men want exactly the same thing.
    Thank you. Some fool in the Miss USA thread is claiming that you all have individual tastes, but I set him straight!
  • beckyboooo87
    beckyboooo87 Posts: 366
    Options
    i would say yay as im hoping to get mine done after i lose my weight too...
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Simple.

Get one done. Compare and decide which you like better.
  • flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nay. Not worth the risk or the pain.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend any plastic surgery until you are comfortable in your own skin.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My wife has asked me more than once through the years if she should get hers done. Her health is much more important to me than her body. I loved her just the way she is 46 years ago when we met and it has not changed even if our bodies have. You have to do what is best for you but please take : all the risks into account first.:flowerforyou:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I am 5 8 also and after losing 46 pounds down to 128 pounds, i wear a 32 dd. i am 54 years old and when i was in my 30's i wore a 32b when i weighed 135 pounds. Have no clue why other than a lot of women have changes in their breasts as they age. I would say keep doing your research, and try wearing one of those bras that pushes up or allows you to wear cutlets for a while to see if you like the new you.

It really is a personal decision. Most of my friends have had some surgical procedure done that enhances their appearance. I havent other than some micro dermabrasion .. I do know i believe in the power of pilates yoga and barre for scuplting the body and my piece of mind... I would suggest trying those and weight lifting/training AND then go for the surgery. Why not erase all doubt in your mind. On your decision by giving your fitness plan one more year to be the best you?

Best wishes on your fitness plan and becoming the best you!
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    YAY! i has breast augmentation in may this year and dont regeret my decision. I was flat chested so I did it in order to feel more feminie and be able to wear clothes like other women can. I t has increased my self confidence alot :)
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I will always say yes to bigger 'tas.