What Running Shoes do you wear?

Options

Replies

• Janet_andpie
    Options
    I bought a pair of Sauconys last week. Was the first time I'd gone to a proper sports shop to get shoes.

The shopkeeper actually facepalmed when I showed him the 4 year old Nike Airs I've been running in.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I had Brooks to start with but just switched to Saucony and they are sooooo comfy!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    The shopkeeper actually facepalmed when I showed him the 4 year old Nike Airs I've been running in.

Hmm maybe I shouldn't mention mine are Adidas Boost then...
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Started running late last year with Brooks Ghost 5's. Since then I picked up a few pairs of Mizuno's at a big clearance sale. Also have a pair of ASICS Fuji Racers for the trails. The only ones that really feel perfect are the ASICS, but I never liked any of their regular running shoes. So I think it may be the low-drop minimalist style that I like better. That will be what I look for in my next road-running shoe.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am getting into that dangerous territory where I have more shoes than my wife! Anyway, in order of preference: Saucony Virrata (2 pair), Altra Samson, Mizuno Cursoris, Altra Torin and Asic Nimbus Gel. For me, the last two are not wearable for running and I am souring on the Mizuno's. The asics aren't bad for knocking around in, but I can't run in them. Looking to try some innov8's and maybe a Merrell or New Balance minimal shoe.

Been running in NB Minimus for while and found them ok. I just bought a pair of Merrell Vapor Glove and really like them. They are similar to ballet slippers. LOL

Funny you mention the vapor glove...I have a pair in my amazon cart, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Guess I should give it a shot!

They run large. I generally wear a size 12 and was told to buy 11's, heck I had to return them and get 10 1/2 !

I believe you may find them cheaper at Running Warehouse -http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-MVAPGL3.html

$63.88 and free 2 day delivery.

I definitely prefer to buy from them (awesome service and prices!), but the pair I was looking at is black:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008J2QRAS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2NEM58BFPMEIL
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ghost, just about to order another pair exactly the same, as I've had them a year and the tread is wearing down.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    The first shoes I ran in were Saucony and I LOVE THEM STILL, but they're worn out. I had a pair of Brooks that I hated, and I'm currently in a pair of Brooks Glycerin that I adore, aside from the fact that they're ugly as sin.

For more info: I'm an under pronator with wide toes and a narrow ankle.

After each training session (or race) I write in my diary at home, the time, distance ran and other info off my HRM, then at the bottom I write which pair of Saucony I ran in (I have three pair to rotate them lol) and have a running total of the mileage.

My blue ones are on 770km (480 miles approx) - once they reach 800km I will chuck them and replace them as the shoes break down and are not as supportive.

I will miss my blue ones though, they have a special place in my heart, they were the pair that got me out onto the road :cry:

RunningAhead.com has a equipment feature that allows you to track shoe mileage. It is, in my opinion and that of many others, the best running log available. Best of all, it's free.

Here is my log if you want to see what it looks like.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/f395f426a792443989cc9b545ae45445
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    FILA Skeletoes (those toe shoes that look like feet). Helps me achieve a more natural run.

I had to move to that because normal running shoes damaged my knees.

The shoes didn't damage your knees. Your poor running form, which you were forced to correct in order to run in the Skeletoes, is what was damaging your knees.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Brooks.

Although right now because of a foot injury I haven't run since June 9th. :( I have to go see the podiatrist about it. I believe I have Morton's Neuroma. Wicked painful.
  • skylarking036
    Options
    Asics Gel-Cumulus.
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    Options
    Asics
  • eggyeaster13
    eggyeaster13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Virage 5, I love these shoes they are so comfortable! I'm not sure they even make the Virage line anymore :( last one I saw was the Virage 6.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Rivers barefoot
    Big W (same kind of light shoes as Rivers brand)

I pay about $40 for the rivers ones if I'm lucky....I get them on sale for $25. They last me ages & cause they are as light as anything they are perfect for me.
  • wvubri23
    wvubri23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike Free Run. I love them, they are really light weight. The only complaint I have is rocks get stuck on the bottom really easy and it gets annoying.
  • gabequinn19
    Options
    Brooks Green Silence for years. Now that they're discontinued I am wearing Brooks Pure Drift and Brooks Pure Grit (for trail/ultras)
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Brooks (Ariel I believe). I got fitted a couple years ago. I paid $200 in the store then picked up another pair for $75 off Overstock. I have a pair for outdoor running and indoor as well (our gym won't allow outdoor shoes).
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Nike Pegasus 29 (Loved the 28 version previously, but the new 29s are amazing too!) I love them because they are light, have tons of heels cushion, and great arch support. I will forever be a Pegasus girl.
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've been in Sauconys for over a year. To the point I have a running pair and then when I need a new pair the old becomes my every day shoe. I even mow my grass in an old pair. I'm acutally due for a new pair soon, but I think I'll wait until the end of august after I destroy this pair in the Tough Mudder. The ones on my feet are Cohesion 5's.

I've even convinced hubby to switch from Asics to Saucony and he loves them as well.
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Vibrams, but it doesn't matter what trainer you wear.
  • jennibear8504
    Options
    I just got my first pair of running shoes, theyre Asics, and Im loving them so far....