Worst thing you've eaten since dieting?

Options

Replies

• kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Father's Day. Made my DH dinner. Saved the calories all week and splurged big time.

Prime steak with roasted new potatoes stuffed with smoked salmon and mascarpone cheese. Side of micro green salad with roasted pear and goat cheese. Finished it all off with a dark chocolate and bacon cake with maple frosting. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 calories for just that meal.

Pasta Carbonara the week before came in a close second.

I think I love you.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm not dieting because that's just temporary. This is a lifestyle change.

This!
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    I had a huge craving last week and ate a chicken sandwich, cole slaw, and fries, and gained a few pounds back, ugh!

Gained a few pounds from one meal? What the Morgan Freeman was on that chicken sandwich?
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I don't diet, so I haven't eaten anything that I consider 'bad'. I have gone over my calories on a couple of occasions, so I guess that could be considered bad.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    Streak N Shake Wisconsin Butter burger...holy crap that is a good burger.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Worst thing?

Asparagus.

I can't believe anyone convinced me to try that.

The best thing was a Cookies & Cream Pop-Tart and Friendly's Oreo Cookie ice cream sandwich. Or maybe the Belgian waffle loaded with butter and syrup I had for dinner last night at IHOP. That thing was divine.
  • dltaylorii
    Options
    I wouldn't call being more careful of what I eat a "diet", but my boyfriend and I wanted to try a new spot to eat. We went to a Cajun place in a quaint little historical area near where we live. We started our meal with an entire log of Brie baked in Phyllo paper and covered in candied walnuts and a syrupy deliciousness. Then I had jambalaya. It was delicious! I'd do it again too!

Jambalaya..... Mmmmmm!
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Grilled skinless chicken breast is tasteless and claggy - definitely one of the worst things I've eaten.

You're doing it wrong.

I think it's a question of personal taste - it's a big hit with the other people in my house. Me, I let them have mine. It's not often I refuse food, believe me!

Just out of interest, how do you do yours?
  • dltaylorii
    Options
    Worst thing?

Asparagus.

Asparagus is wonderful, and makes your pee smell amazing!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I always eat terrible things.

But I've been on an ice cream kick recently and keep eating half gallons of cookie dough ice cream on the weekends. =(
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    chocolate cake... it was my birthday.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I am not dieting, but have been craving and eating babies a lot lately. Maybe I am pregnant?

That's definitely one of the symptoms. You need fresh baby parts to help gestate one of your own.
  • dltaylorii
    Options
    Grilled skinless chicken breast is tasteless and claggy - definitely one of the worst things I've eaten.

You're doing it wrong.

I think it's a question of personal taste - it's a big hit with the other people in my house. Me, I let them have mine. It's not often I refuse food, believe me!

All kinds of different ways, actually. Sometimes on the grill with a rub, either creole or other type of garlic, peppery concoction. More likely cut up into strips (feathers) and marinated into a hot sauce / sriracha sauce.

On the stove top, I usually sauté some onions and brocoli into the chicken, and then sriracha the crap out of it and put it inside a wrap. So very good.
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ^^^LOL!!!!

Booze - definitley booze. High calories, no nutrients. But had fun!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't categorize food as "good" or "bad." I just get my nutrition on and my fitness on...once those obligations have been met, it's whatevs...
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

All kinds of different ways, actually. Sometimes on the grill with a rub, either creole or other type of garlic, peppery concoction. More likely cut up into strips (feathers) and marinated into a hot sauce / sriracha sauce.

On the stove top, I usually sauté some onions and brocoli into the chicken, and then sriracha the crap out of it and put it inside a wrap. So very good.

Thanks. Yeah, cutting it up and including it in saucy, casserole-y things is the only way I can really see myself enjoying it.
  • tiffaniedemayo
    tiffaniedemayo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When it comes to the weekends i give myself a treat, and have something like a Dunkin's coffee coolatta, or a soda. But last weekend i really overdid it ! Had a graduation party i went to, and had peanut butter pie, 3 mixed drinks(ginger ale & whipped vodka), and triple chocolate fudge cake!!!!
  • archmichelle
    Options
    I've had a few blow outs usually with Chinese food. But the worse thing I've eaten was Brown rice protein powder.

OMG, you are not kidding!!! Rice protein powder is TERRIBLE. Then I tried another vegan protein powder which was supposed to be the best...................NEVER, never again!!!!
  • amanda9402
    amanda9402 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'll keep it real and admit I am trying to adhere to the Merriam Webster definition of diet: "a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight," even though I have been pursuing a much healthier lifestyle over the last several months.

Worst tasting: Coconut water ... I can't get into it.
    Worst nutritionally: Churro filled with dulce de leche ... so unbelievably amazingly delicious with no redeeming value as food, unless you are a famine victim and really need the calories.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Cake, pie, ice cream, chocolate chip pancakes...oh, wait, since I started dieting?! That was just the treats I ate yesterday :laugh: and not a cheat meal. I was under.