Replies

• faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Brooks glycerin
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Adidas Supernova Glide 4. The 5 is out now, but I bought 6 pairs of the 4s, so I won't have to worry about that for another year.

Holy crap! That's expensive running habit! I thought my cycling addiction was bad...

Ha! Yes I have a problem!

Really though, I had a coupon for the first pair and I bought the other 5 once they went on a 40% off sale. I wear 2-3 pairs a year, so I'll get about 3 years out of it.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Brooks adrenaline GTS. I paid $110.00 dollars for them but they are worth every single penny. Love them!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Just bought my first "good" pair of running shoes. After a fitting, the guys at the running store recommended a pair of Asics GT-2000. Literally just bought them and am really looking forward to trying them out tonight. Anyone else running in them?
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Love muh shoes!
    Newton_Gravity_Womens_2012_angle.jpg
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Vibram fivefingers, but I want to transition to barefoot.... Just leary of cactus, lol.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    brooks glycerin 9. love them
  • gchamb
    gchamb Posts: 4
    Options
    Bump, pregnant right now, so I'm holding off on buying new shoes but I want all the good tips!!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    asics or Saucony at the moment I have a pair of asics but as i'm not made of money I have to go on price as both brands suit me it depends on what Price I can find them for at the time.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    None, though I keep a pair of Vibrams for occasional use
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Asics. The larger toe box works for me.
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mizuno's
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    vibram 5 fingers....can not stand wearing "real" shoes anymore at all!
  • fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ASICS Lyte 2.0 from 33 Collection... awesome shoe! Just did a half yesterday with it and I'm ready to run again...
  • shaff1rm
    shaff1rm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Saucony. :) I overpronate, and it's the brand that best fixes that for me.
  • Superplin
    Superplin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm currently rocking some Saucony Mirages, which I love--no hot spots, super comfy, supportive. I overpronate, so sadly can't really wear the Virratas or Kinvaras I lust after.

For trail, I just bought a pair of Montrails (Mountain Masochist, which I might have bought just for the name, even if they didn't fit like a glove and have a great tread/rock plate). Haven't had a chance to try them out yet, though. Next week I hit the trails. I have a nighttime trail 10k coming up at the end of the month, so I need to get a feel for them before then.

I had been using a pair of Asics Gel Scouts, which I bought off the Internet on sale, based on reviews. Never again: I sprained my foot a few weeks ago, and while i can't place all the blame on the shoe, I learned the hard way that it is not the shoe for me. From now on, I'll always buy from a running store after trying them out.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    The first shoes I ran in were Saucony and I LOVE THEM STILL, but they're worn out. I had a pair of Brooks that I hated, and I'm currently in a pair of Brooks Glycerin that I adore, aside from the fact that they're ugly as sin.

For more info: I'm an under pronator with wide toes and a narrow ankle.

After each training session (or race) I write in my diary at home, the time, distance ran and other info off my HRM, then at the bottom I write which pair of Saucony I ran in (I have three pair to rotate them lol) and have a running total of the mileage.

My blue ones are on 770km (480 miles approx) - once they reach 800km I will chuck them and replace them as the shoes break down and are not as supportive.

I will miss my blue ones though, they have a special place in my heart, they were the pair that got me out onto the road :cry:

RunningAhead.com has a equipment feature that allows you to track shoe mileage. It is, in my opinion and that of many others, the best running log available. Best of all, it's free.

Here is my log if you want to see what it looks like.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/f395f426a792443989cc9b545ae45445

That is a great set of stats you have there and very interesting site!!!

I use the Fetch site, but still have the habit of writing down in my manual diary too, I just can't help it :laugh:
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    To track mileage I just use Daily Mile. That said, I wear both the New Balance Minimus Zero as well as the Altra One.
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ghost 5. I have some issues with my feet from playing beach volleyball barefoot for years and these shoes give me support and cushion without that squishy feeling. Love them