Sabotage (cupcakes)

Options
kennethmgreen
kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
A co-worker left a plate of cupcakes in the break room. She knows I'm trying to lose weight. I told her that I couldn't stand it and that I knew she planned it. I was trying to set the record straight, but was really upset. I think I said something about her crystal ball and it not being very clear.

I know it sounds like I'm just complaining, but while you sit back and wonder why, know that I have this thorn in my side. And maybe the cupcakes were just a nice gesture, but they looked so delicious and dreamy, like that thing you see in the desert that's not really there. I'm telling everyone here, it's a sabotage.

Listen MFP, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. You can't shut me down with a push of your button, but I might shut you down with the Ignore feature. And I'll keep posting what I feel, on and on.

I'm just trying to be honest here, because what you see you might not get. It's cupcakes, dammit! Not soup. I like soup. I think she was scheming on a thing that you see in a desert that's not really there. I'm trying to tell you now, it's sabotage.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I do feel like my back is against the wall. I don't know if all of you are listening to me, but I do think it's sabotage.

The truth is, when I told my co-worker (who I can't stand) that I knew she planned it, I was thinking that I can't stand working in this place. And now the cupcakes - right in my face! I felt disgraced.

But make no mistakes, I realize I need to switch up my attitude. I can't keep blaming others for my food choices. I'm not everyone's buddy when I fly off the handle. Still, those cupcakes were just so tempting, like that thing you see in the desert that's not really there. And I still say she was scheming on a thing.

That's sabotage.

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    tl;dr
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :love:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    JuwKW.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    JuwKW.gif

If this dog can do it (look at that intensity) so can you.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mj50k1idNo1r2m60oo1_500.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    mmm cupcakes....

yeah it's definitely sabotage.

there's a bakery at the end of the street. That's sabotage because the baker is jealous that I'm thinner than her, so she actually (get this) planned to open the bakery 6 years before I moved here, she actually consulted augur who did some bizarre rituals involving the innards of skunks and weasels, to discover where I would be living six years hence, and thus open a baker's shop exactly where I'd be living when I wanted to lose weight.

Sabotage, I tell you, sabotage. And the augur was in on it too. Also jealous of my success at fat loss.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Eat them all at once, really quickly. Count stuffing your face with cupcakes as exercise, and it will burn off all those calories.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    hm... so, do you think it's sabotage??
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    hm... so, do you think it's sabotage??

he's tellin y'all its sabotage!

1314032_o.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I'm not sure this can count as sabotage unless at least one of those cupcakes is chocolate!?
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Why do I feel like you've somehow secretly Rick Rolled me?
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    In

for cupcakes

and frosting.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Did you give in? Otherwise it's not sabotage, just a failed attempt.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I thought only you were the one who decided what not to eat and what to eat. I'm also a firm believer in the fact that you should eat what you want to as well. Its all in moderation and lets face it, a cupcake is preportioned. Eat it, count it and let the self loathing of eating something you wanted stop. Its unrealistic to think that you have to have your environment change around you to suit your needs. You have to be the one to change AND you can't make others change around you either!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    JuwKW.gif

OMG!!! That poor dog looks sooo miserable!!! He's staring at the plate as if having it there is cruel and unusual punishment! I think it is. He should get cupcakes. I wanna feed him cupcakes....

Now I want cupcakes...
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    poison-cupcakes.jpg_thumb.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    tumblr_m3ogbvMv181qjh3gj.gif

Who's the redhead in the back?? :huh:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    JuwKW.gif

OMG!!! That poor dog looks sooo miserable!!! He's staring at the plate as if having it there is cruel and unusual punishment! I think it is. He should get cupcakes. I wanna feed him cupcakes....

Now I want cupcakes...

The clip is from the show "It's me or the dog" and the trainer, Victoria Stilwell is actually teaching the dog self control!