Movies that scared you when you were little

Options

Replies

• sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch many horror movies as I kid. I wasn't interested... in fact, I'm still not interested.

The Nightmare King in Little Nemo scared the crap out of me when I was younger though. I couldn't even watch it alone; my mom or dad had to be in the room with me when he showed up.
  • egnirysbust
    egnirysbust Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Anything with the Crypt Keeper. He terrified me so much that I would cry whenever I saw or heard him, hahaha.
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    The Watcher in the Woods
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The Last Unicorn
    American Werewolf in London
    Watership Down
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Anything with the Crypt Keeper. He terrified me so much that I would cry whenever I saw or heard him, hahaha.

yeah i was afraid to watch scary movies for a really long time, bc of him. Now I watch it and laugh.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Drop Dead Fred (the guy who played Fred was extremely creepy).
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Gremlins

Watership Down
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Halloween the original one...only because my parents let me watch it when I was 10 years old...WTH were they thinking?? That theme song creeps me out even today
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Watcher in the Woods. I'm sorry, but for a Disney movie that was freaky!!! Nerak...
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Nightmare on Elm Street and the witch from Snow White :laugh: I SWORE I saw both of them in real life for the longest time!

Edit: Forgot Chucky. My friends and I swore we saw him too LOL and Pet Sematary I was 6 watching animals get killed and come back to life possessed!!
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    When I was really little - think 4 years old, it was the pink elephant sequence from "Dumbo". that had me really freaked out. Then it was Amityville Horror.

After that I wasn't too freaked out by horror movies. The only other one that has come close is the Blair Witch project. That mainly because I've gone on camping trips and got lost and so it totally seemed plausible.
  • trodney1104
    trodney1104 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Psycho
    The Exorcist - Original version
    The Shining
    Candyman
    Dracula w/ Bella LaGosi
    Abbott & Costello ( they met the wolfman, dracula, the mummy, the invisible man & other creepy characters)

Now I actually enjoy these classics.:laugh:
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    The Littlest Horse Thieves - Disney

I was horse-crazy from a young age. My mom took me to see this when I was 6. It's about a couple of kids that try to rescue a bunch of mining ponies from their drudgery....at some point in the movie, the mine blows up. My mom says that as soon as the explosion occurred, I started screaming and didn't stop for 2+ hours. I was traumatized for YEARS, apparently, lol. She says she was absolutely PISSED at Disney, and actually didn't take me to any more Disney movies, unless they had been pre-screened, for several years.

I literally needed closure on this movie. I bought it from Amazon a couple of years ago....turns out the ponies survived. Who knew??? ;)

edit: to get on the "original" Wizard of Oz bandwagon....
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Tremors still walk in the middle of the sidewalk:blushing:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    jaws
    bram stoker's dracula
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    chucky and haha my parents watched a lot of scary movies...so I was desensitized for the most part, but that one really creeped me out. cujo too
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    "Killer Clowns From Outerspace" - clowns are freaky enough...then have them be aliens? NO thanks! I did watch this movie as an adult and realized how stupid it was.

"Fire in the Sky" - once again another alien flick. This one was supposed to be based on a true story. I had nightmares for weeks. I refuse to watch this one as an adult.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Any movie with Chucky.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Any movie with Chucky.
    I hate dolls because of him!
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options