RASPBERRY KETONES.....GOOD OR BAD?

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz actually endorsed the use of raspberry ketones for weight loss on his show (google Dr oz raspberry ketones for the segment of the show video), and yes, while I am aware that many people think he is selling "snake oil", he is actually a quite well respected and renowned cardiologist. That being said, I still am very wary of anything that is sold as "weight loss" products. As far as these were concerned, after researched, I decided, no harm to try these particular supplements. I have taken them for a few months. I don't know that they are really making any difference, as I am also eating correctly and exercising, so would be losing weight anyway. I don't feel like the weight loss is any quicker, and I am not purchasing any more. I wish you luck and success in your journey!
    you lost me at dr oz....
    If it looks like a duck, and QUACKS like a duck...it must be....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGAQ5A3zPpuZfq2AjpDWIO9eg_kSWvEnQ4QE-LmT9RuY_yXvqdX6b815U3bw

OP...sorry to hear you wasted your money on a scam :ohwell:
  • Kymberlee80
    Kymberlee80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lol
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    @Acg67 .......noooo I'm no rat. I actually had a relative who is in very good shape tell me about this. Good grief, who pooped in your special K this morning?! :wink:

Guaranteed, you will always get snarky responses from a lot of people here.
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I thought about buying them but decided not to. I wish I could say they work but there is no proof they work you just need to forget about them and work hard and eat right girly. There is no harm in trying them out for yourself but don't buy it anymore
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    @Acg67 .......noooo I'm no rat. I actually had a relative who is in very good shape tell me about this. Good grief, who pooped in your special K this morning?! :wink:

Providing that this thread stays open...

You're going to get a lot of sarcastic comments or even angry comments. Dr. Oz gets those kinds of reactions on the forums....people either love him or hate him.
  • Jenny56dreams
    Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @rob1976, thanks. I needed a laugh.
  • Jenny56dreams
    Options
    hmmm you don't know if it works but you bought some? I think your order is reversed here...

Raspberry ketones do zero for metabolism, get a refund...

I plan to......:ohwell:
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If Dr. Oz endorses it, I run the other way.

Pretty much this.

Respected Cardiologist or not. Anything someone gets paid to endorse, I am skeptical :)

I"d skip it
  • Jenny56dreams
    Options

Well had you done even a modicum of research on them, you'd know why I was asking you

No need to be snide. I was only asking a question. Had you asked me a question like that I would have been sweet and considerate. Either way, thanks for your input.
  • Jenny56dreams
    Options
    If Dr. Oz endorses it, I run the other way.

Pretty much this.

Respected Cardiologist or not. Anything someone gets paid to endorse, I am skeptical :)

I"d skip it

Thank you :smile:
  • Jenny56dreams
    Options
    Eating healthy and exercising are all you need.

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if Raspberry Ketones are actually helpful? I am eating healthy and exercising but it is said that this boosts the weight loss. True or is this another crazy weight loss scheme??? I bought one that is all natural and 100mg. I started it yesterday. I appreciate your input!
    you've been here since 2011... have you tried using myfitnesspal and logging your food and working out?
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    They work great if your goal is to waste money. They work poorly if your goal is to lose weight with them.
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think I have tried almost everything...... And the only magic pill that seems to be working for me is ..... "DIET/EXERCISING"..... I have been sticking to this seriously since January. Yes, the weight is coming off slow but I just got tired of wasting my money on all these get quick tricks!!! Yes, advertising and marketing will make you want to purchase these products but its like if the stuff doesnt work then its pointless!! Only speaking for myself but theres no magic pill in my eyes!!
  • Jenny56dreams
    Options
    @trogalicious ...................I am. I was just asking if these supplements have been helpful to anyone else. Nice hat :wink:
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Disregard rude, negative, and/or condescending comments. Truthfully, like some others, I am skeptical of Dr. Oz (as well as any T.V. doctor). Hard work, and cleaning up my diet is what worked for me. :)
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    Dr Oz actually endorsed the use of raspberry ketones for weight loss on his show (google Dr oz raspberry ketones for the segment of the show video), and yes, while I am aware that many people think he is selling "snake oil", he is actually a quite well respected and renowned cardiologist. That being said, I still am very wary of anything that is sold as "weight loss" products. As far as these were concerned, after researched, I decided, no harm to try these particular supplements. I have taken them for a few months. I don't know that they are really making any difference, as I am also eating correctly and exercising, so would be losing weight anyway. I don't feel like the weight loss is any quicker, and I am not purchasing any more. I wish you luck and success in your journey!

I stopped watching and listening to Dr Oz a few years ago, when he started endorsing various fad diets on his show. Also, be careful of online reviews using his endorsement, a lot of them are false claims. He's recently spoke out against them.
  • Jenny56dreams
    Options
    Disregard rude, negative, and/or condescending comments. Truthfully, like some others, I am skeptical of Dr. Oz (as well as any T.V. doctor). Hard work, and cleaning up my diet is what worked for me. :)

Thank you :smile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Providing that this thread stays open...

You're going to get a lot of sarcastic comments or even angry comments. Dr. Oz gets those kinds of reactions on the forums....people either love him or hate him.

Why would you quote my post, as it's the only one that is actually relevant to the OP's question
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

I've heard people whom havent lifted a finger lose weight with these supplements. I started taking them about a week ago. Haven't lost anything. But I can say I do notice a little bit of energy coming from them combined with the coffee bean extract supplement. I workout 5-6 times a week and figure..why not?

Why do I suspect that these people are eating at a caloric deficit and the raspberry ketones or green coffee bean extract etc have nothing to do with their success.........:huh: