What workout program are you doing?

Options

Replies

• HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    StrongLifts.

Not seeing the scale move much, BUT definitely losing inches. :drinker:

Exactly this :smile: YAY love Strong Lifts!
  • BGoodz22
    BGoodz22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    StrongLifts.

Not seeing the scale move much, BUT definitely losing inches. :drinker:

Same here. Great program for sure!
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym 4-5 times a week since last month but before that it was only 2-3 times a week... But I am on week 3 of C2K.. (Proud) 3 times a week ... I do eppitical (30mins), Stepper (30 mins) and bike (30 mins) .; So 3-4 cardio machines a day.... I think its working!!:laugh:
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Insanity and I love it!! :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Body Revolution. Only on day 2, but I've did it for a month prior to breaking my toe. So now I'm starting over! I really enjoy it. It's challenging, but simple and it's nice and short. It's a good starter program before you move on to something that takes an hour. I've modified it so that I'm doing 2 workouts a day (cardio in the morning and strength at night). After this I wanted to do either Insanity or Brazil Butt Lift. I couldn't decide, so luckily I found a hybrid workout plan where I can do both!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Tweaking a dumbbell/kettlebell strength training program at home mixed with HIIT and treadmill cardio. Never thought I'd love picking up heavy stuff but I do!
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Insanity. Today was day 15!
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity today. Very tough! But will try to stick to it. Love Shaun T!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I use an app on my phone called "Gain Fitness". It creates a custom 4 week workout for you. Right now I'm doing a 45 minute total body workout 3 days a week, followed by 15-20 minutes of cardio. I also try to get a jog in at least 1 other day, sometimes 2.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I just started Les Mills Pump with some friends last week, mixing in some Turbo Fire on the cardio days, and LOVE it so far! I can't walk, but I'm feeling GOOOOOOOOD!
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Les Mills COMBAT and Body Beast, and its working like a champ!!
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Adonis Index. This is by far the most enjoyable lifting program I have followed. It is also the most logical I have seen to get the shape you want.

The women's version is Venus Index.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred and then Ripped in 30. Now I'm doing my own routine where I alternate these three things throughout the week:

Abs workout (Killer Abs or something on Workout Trainer app)
    Strength workout (dumbbell/body weight workout on Workout Trainer app)
    Run 2.5 miles

I've lost weight faster with this routine than I did with the Jillian Michaels workouts. I work out for 20-30 minutes 5-6 days a week.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    5/3/1 with Periodization Bible (lifting). I also train with kettlebells and walk.
  • Ricknev
    Ricknev Posts: 2
    Options
    Using Jim Wendler's 5/3/1. Gaining strength but I can't seem to gain any more weight even on the calories I'm on.
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 6 of TurboFire and 2 weejs ago I added in ChaLean Extreme Circuits 3 times a week for strength training. I'm losing major inches each week especially since adding CLX :smile: My weight loss is slower than average due to health issues that slow my metabolism but I've lost 5 pounds which is good for me. I'm averaging 6-7 inches lost each week between all my measurements combined - I lost 2" from my waist just last week - and dropped 2 shirt sizes and 1 jeans size.

I am much more consistent and motivated when I have a schedule to follow with a variety of classes. Both programs I do are Chalene Johnson programs. She's so motivating, explains each move in detail and overall a great trainer.

TurboFire is 12-17 classes depending the dvd set for 12 - 20 weeks. It's intense cardio/HIIT that is kickboxing moves, a little dancey and has plyo, squats and lunges mixed in to upbeat music. There is a low impact modifier in each class that still keeps the intensity. HIIT - high intensity interval training- is one of the most efficient ways to burn calories and is super-effective at boosting your metabolism for 18-24 hours post-workout. I currently burn 120 - 150 calories per 10 minutes depending on the class, I'm never bored and find new ways to challenge myself and increase intensity as my fitness level and endurance increases. Most days I have so much fun doing the classes that I forget I'm working out.

ChaLean Extreme is a strength training class geared towards women that focuses on lifting heavier weights for less reps so your muscles reach failure in 10-12 reps. How much weight you use depends on you individual strength and there's a modifier for resistance bands. It's super effective at building lean, toned mucles - I did 5 weeks in 2011 and had never been so toned before, especially my arms, back & shoulders. I stopped bc I reinjured my ankle and had to go back on crutches and regret not starting up again sooner.

Most workout programs have sample classes available on YouTube. Whatever you choose, make sure it's a program you enjoy and will look forward to everyday. Good luck!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I do a hodgepodge of stuff that changes monthly. I find that I have to keep my body confused. Since I run almost every day (anywhere from 1 mile to 3 miles, depending on weather and how I feel), I now realize that I have to trick my body into thinking its working out.

For the month of July, I have joined a non-MFP fitness challenge that has planned workouts based upon three exercise routines. Additionally, I am incorporating two short workouts I found on Pinterest to keep the variety going. One is strength training/ weights. The other is cardio based.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Anything I can get my hands on for cheap. I have most of the Jillian Michael's DVDs and sets. Late 80's, early 90's step aerobics DVDs are a blast, fitness and dance games for the Wii and Wii U. My big thing right now is searching Youtube and using workout videos off there. Believe it or not a lot of gyms and health clubs are videoing some of their classes and posting them on Youtube. They are great, you don't even have to leave your home to workout!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    New Rules. I'm just finishing stage 4. I love it.
  • tarakizer
    tarakizer Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS right now. Completed day 9 this morning. Will be moving to Level 2 on Wednesday. Not noticing any changes, but I have been binging a bit and was already near maintenance. Hoping to get the binging under control, have been in control since yesterday. It's a start, right?

I'm also doing 30-45 minutes on the recumbent bike just minutes after 30DS. I'm doing this so that I can eat more. I'm only burning about 165 calories in Level 1 of 30DS, and that's not enough for what I want/NEED to eat. Another 300 or so calories from the recumbent bike.