gym hot tub etiquette

Options
tsh0ck
tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
so, what's the deal, guys? first-time user of the gym hot tub today after class. in there for five minutes or so by myself. then? naked man joins me. the question I have is this: Am I the weirdo for wearing trunks, is he the weirdo for letting it all hang loose, or are both perfectly normal?

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    seems weird to me. but how was the sex?

:laugh:

Doesn't seem all that weird. But I lived in Japan...they have public baths and it's not unusual.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No farting. They'll notice.

To answer your question, I do not know. I have seen both. The oddest, though, was a woman who was lying on her back on the tiled floor next to the hot tub, like she was tanning, even though we were not outside.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    NTTAWWT
  • Fish_Fuzz
    Fish_Fuzz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes stewing sausage.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    No farting. They'll notice.

Unless the jets are going. Then let it rip.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    In a public gym that is coed, clothing is not optional. I would report the man or at least ask the front desk, what the policy is. As them to post the policy.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Lol at some of the responses!

Well , my gyms hot tub is unisex, so no nudity! I'm sure there's a gym rule for shorts! OMG! Sorry!lol
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This is simple. If you are under 45 you will wear a towel in the sauna/steam room and trunks in the tub.

If you are over 60 you will be butt-naked and combing your hair while your balls rest on the counter in front of you. There is almost no exception to this rule. Hot tub? Naked. Sauna/steam room? Naked. I have found that older men cannot be naked enough fast enough or long enough in men's locker rooms. I would be curious to hear if this is true in the womens.

Between 45-60 it can go either way. I think in this range the more overweight the guy is the more they lean toward naked.

At least that is how it is at my fitness club.

Yes, I have observed the same trend in the women's locker room.
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This is simple. If you are under 45 you will wear a towel in the sauna/steam room and trunks in the tub.

If you are over 60 you will be butt-naked and combing your hair while your balls rest on the counter in front of you. There is almost no exception to this rule. Hot tub? Naked. Sauna/steam room? Naked. I have found that older men cannot be naked enough fast enough or long enough in men's locker rooms. I would be curious to hear if this is true in the womens.

Between 45-60 it can go either way. I think in this range the more overweight the guy is the more they lean toward naked.

I seriously do not understand it. Maybe I will when I'm older and all grown up?
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    In a public gym that is coed, clothing is not optional. I would report the man or at least ask the front desk, what the policy is. As them to post the policy.

I agree in a public gym where I live dude's butt-naked *kitten* would have been out of the gym and asked not to return lol.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

Agreed! I moved from a mixed gym to an all female one. On my first visit not only did a woman insist on leaning across my friend with her girls nearly bopping her in the eye (miles of empty space), she then stood on the bench to put her underwear on. I can only assume this was due to her worrying I couldn't get a good enough view :noway:

& yes all the older ladies don't bother with swim suits in the sauna/steam room.
  • tsh0ck
    Options

I agree in a public gym where I live dude's butt-naked *kitten* would have been out of the gym and asked not to return lol.

well, clearing up one worry, the men and women have separate hot tub/sauna/spa, etc.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

I seriously do not understand it. Maybe I will when I'm older and all grown up?

Old bodies don't sweat as well, so naked is the best option. Old men's hanging boys are especially sensitive to heat and need airing out. You'll get there one day don't you worry. I personally cant wait I'm going to argue politics with young people while scratching a random body part, and then I'll bend over a bunch and let it rip. I'll be a really sweet old lady though so the youngin's feel partially guilty laughing at my horrendous gas problem

Hanging boys :) I always assumed that old people got naked in locker rooms because you just stop giving a *kitten* when you get older.

As to OP's original question, I cannot provide a useful answer as I live in the wrong city. I have not visited a men's locker room or sauna at any of the gyms where I've been a member, but all the reviews I see on Yelp suggest that they are prime locations for sexy time. So you'd probably have to go in wearing scuba gear if you do not want to be propositioned. Although there's probably about 5% of Manhattan gym goers who have a kink for that, too. See? I'm out of ideas.
  • sixibabey
    sixibabey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    are there any gyms with coed naked hot tubs? lol sign me up
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    "This is simple. If you are under 45 you will wear a towel in the sauna/steam room and trunks in the tub.

At least that is how it is at my fitness club."

Like this?

4091.jpg

I think that cartoonist must be a member at my gym.