Maintaining a self tan while working out daily.

Options
2»

Replies

• ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I use a skin firming body lotion with self tanner in it.....called Malibu Hemp Golden Glow.....i use it several times a day once i got a nice base tan from the beach. Its more of a lotion than self tanner so its not like it washes away. Its a gradual tanning of your body over a period of time using it often.
    I got it at Walmart ( brown bottle with a pump top) It helps me keep some nice color and i am usually white
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it's probably a lost cause. You're going to sweat, and then shower, which is double the moisture exposure. Even if you do maintain some of the tan, it won't be even. I used to airbrush tan clients at my old salon so I'm very familiar with self tanners. If you are looking to be tan everyday you'll have to use something with an instant bronzer (like Quick Tan by Body Drench). It's a self tanner in an aerosol can (like hairspray) and it's instant rather than the gradual build up of a lotion. You can get it on amazon or at sally beauty. Eta: You'd have to use it almost everyday, depending on how much of the tan you lose by sweating/showering.

Well, that's what I'm afraid of! haha but Sunlabs is an instant tanner, and one application usually lasts people up to two weeks. Its instant when you apply, and after three hours it intensifies to a darker color. There is no "put it on daily" otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it. Thats too much maintenance! :P

I understand how it works under normal circumstances, but if youre going to workout and shower like you said, and you want to stay tan, you're going to have to reapply whatever it is you decide to use more than what the bottle recommends, because you're more than likely going to wear most of it off in one day. But try it and see how it goes. When I work out I wipe my face and chest with a towel probably 10 times. No kind of self tanner can sustain that no matter how much you moisturize
  • Sierra_Christine
    Options
    Unfortunately it's probably a lost cause. You're going to sweat, and then shower, which is double the moisture exposure. Even if you do maintain some of the tan, it won't be even. I used to airbrush tan clients at my old salon so I'm very familiar with self tanners. If you are looking to be tan everyday you'll have to use something with an instant bronzer (like Quick Tan by Body Drench). It's a self tanner in an aerosol can (like hairspray) and it's instant rather than the gradual build up of a lotion. You can get it on amazon or at sally beauty. Eta: You'd have to use it almost everyday, depending on how much of the tan you lose by sweating/showering.

Alright! Thanks for the recommendations, and advice!
    Well, that's what I'm afraid of! haha but Sunlabs is an instant tanner, and one application usually lasts people up to two weeks. Its instant when you apply, and after three hours it intensifies to a darker color. There is no "put it on daily" otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it. Thats too much maintenance! :P

I understand how it works under normal circumstances, but if youre going to workout and shower like you said, and you want to stay tan, you're going to have to reapply whatever it is you decide to use more than what the bottle recommends, because you're more than likely going to wear most of it off in one day. But try it and see how it goes. When I work out I wipe my face and chest with a towel probably 10 times. No kind of self tanner can sustain that no matter how much you moisturize
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no way around it really. Most annoying thing about self-tanner: doesn't work with swimming or going to the beach :huh: .