What time do you exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• SaraC1977
    SaraC1977 Posts: 51
    Options
    Now that's it's summertime, I never go to the gym. I usually run a few times a week, and then bike or walk outside,as well. I'm not a morning person. I usually go after work and dinner, probably about 9:30 or 10 pm. If I'm not starving when I get home, I will go right when I get home like today. That was 7:15 pm. I'm a night owl though. I go to bed around 2 am and get up at 8 am.
    On weekends, if it's not too hot, I sometimes go for a run around lunchtime since I'm usually going out at night. I see so many people on here that do morning workouts; that would never work for me. I'd much rather savor every last minute in bed rather than get up early.
    (Please don't tell me to go to bed earlier either. I've been a night owl my whole life and am now in my mid-30's. Whenever I've tried to go to bed by 10 pm, I just lay there for hours wide awake tossing and turning. I'm fine on 6 hrs/night and sleep the whole night through.)
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    When ever it fits into my schedule, usually at night around 7 pm right now. When school was in session I had a break between my 2 shifts which gave me enough time to go home run 1.75 miles, shower and go back to work so I did. On the weekends my gym closes at 7 pm so I go around 2 pm. I get more exercise in this way than if I had a set schedule because life would get in the way to much ;)
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've tried it all ,but I find that early morning before work seems to work the best for me. If I wait until the evening I have too much time to find excuses.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    4 pm
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My schedule right now puts workouts at 11p -Midnight or later it just depends on the day. I love Wii Zumba and Kettlebell workouts from youtube. I burn over 300 calories doing 20 minutes with the Kettlebells.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    5.30am in the morning I get up and do a Jillian Michaels DVD before work. In the weekend I'll get up a little later, but if I don't do it before breakfast, it will seldom get done!

I have a caffeine pill next to the bed and a heater on a timer for winter mornings.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    What time do you exercise, and does it really make a difference when as long as you are doing it?

I usually exercise after getting off of work, and for me that is early in the morning. I get off work at 7am, go to the gym on my way home, and exercise from 7:30-8:30 in the morning before going home and going to bed. If I am not working, I usually workout around 10-11pm.

I don't think it matters when you exercise as long as you get it in.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can also go to the local high school and have the kids play in the grass in the center of the track while you run. I know you wrote that you live in a bad area, but usually the schools are a safer place. Bring hula hops, soccer balls, etc and let them have fun. The track will most likely be empty during the day.

Another thing I did was swap off with another mother. I would watch her 2 kids while she went for a bike ride, then she would watch my 3 while I went for a ride.

Find a playground in a safe area (school, possibly). You can get a great workout by doing lunges, squats, push ups, pull ups, etc while they play on the slides.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:45 to be at the gym for 5:30 in the morning.

We were going in the afternoon but of course excuses come up as to why it's ok to skip. If we get up that early there are NO excuses (well, except maybe a hangover LOL).
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Early morning workouts usually. I workout at home with Leslie Sansone DVD's and weights. The DVD that is my favorite has 3 workouts on it. I started with 1 mile and now I do 3 miles. I have been doing this for 1 1/2 yrs. and can tell a difference in my shape. Not where I want to be yet, but getting there. I just had surgery at the end of Feb. 2012. I've started biking with a group of people and try to get 30 miles in a week. Ready to get more miles in now as I get stronger.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I say, go to the gym at 10pm then.

I am a full time working single mom of a 3 yearold. I fit my workouts in when I can. I run for 30 to 40 minutes on my lunch and then I fo my strength program (You Are Your Own Gym) at 10pm after my daughter is asleep and chores are done. Then I do my ling run, 8-10 miles on Sunday morning before church with the little one in the jogger.

I also want to plug the YAYOG program, it's a progressive body weight strength program that you can do at home after the kids are asleep. Works for me, no gym required.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    After the kids go to bed and sometimes that could be 9 pm. I find nighttimes are more consistent for them to sleep.. On weekends i go out when one of them is napping or I stick him in the jogging stroller.