I'm 28 years old and just ran my first mile...

Joreanasaurous
Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
... and second mile.

Yeah. I just had to share. I am so proud of myself and have no one to tell and I literally started crying after mile one I was so proud of myself.

I have a very mild form of cerebral palsy that among other things makes me fatigue very fast and running was just never ever something I did. I didn't do much of anything active to be fair.

Well I decided to to c25k and just finished week 6 day 3. I'm doing a distance version instead of a timed version and so today I had to run 2 miles nonstop. My first ever and second mile. Go me.

Replies

• EndOfCycle
    EndOfCycle Posts: 12
    That's awesome! Very happy for you...keep up the tremendous work. I'm looking forward to being able to report the same. :)
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Ahh!! Two miles straight is my next goal!! Still getting comfortable with one. Good job!! :drinker:
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Way to go! C25K is a great program. Keep at it! :smile:
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Great achievement! I would like to do this too!
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Fabulous! Way to put in the work and time to make it happen! That is just great.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Wow props to you!

I don't have anything, and struggle to do 1/2 miles straight lol. I usually alternate between running and jogging. Your story totally inspires me to push myself.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Having shed some tears on the treadmill myself, CONGRATS! You are a runner! Go you!!
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    What a great NSV!
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    That is awesome! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Way to go! Congrats :drinker:
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    That is SO amazing, and it made me tear up a little for you. I, too, just recently ran my first mile nonstop. I actually did it 2 weeks before my 30th birthday, and I don't have near the health issues that you do. Good for you for pushing through!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Great job! You should be so proud of yourself, keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • That is GREATTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!:flowerforyou: we are your friends you can share your GOOD NEWS ANY TIME KEEP RUNNING AND SMILING :smile:
  • Well done you! You should be very proud. Keep up the great work.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Thanks everyone. I am normally a total quittter. I have tried and quit c25k more than once, so I haven't told anyone what I have been up to.... So you all are the only people I can share it with! But its kinda better that way since so many of you get it.

I feel like ait punching and playing eye of the tiger.
  • debra6590
    debra6590 Posts: 25 Member
    Yay go you! Awesome - ness all the way
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    That is so great!! Congrats!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Great job! Keep up the great work and keep making yourself proud:)
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Awesome!! Congratulations!!
  • apf2013
    apf2013 Posts: 53 Member
    Congratulations!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Bravo, that is definitely a success worth celebrating!
  • That is an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations for achieving it!
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Great job!!
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    This just made my day! I'm so happy for you; that much be an amazing feeling!!
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Wtg! Running is my therapy!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    And the beauty of it is. . .you can experience that same pride each time you reach a new goal with running! Welcome to the club. I hope you love running as much as many of us do!!
  • So inspirational! I'm just starting my journey... again. LOL. I'm looking all around for inspiration to keep going and stick with it this time so thanks for sharing!! It really helps to hear others' success stories! Congrats!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    AWESOME!! Way to go!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    YEAH! I remember how great it felt when I started noticing improvements in my running. Keep it up!
  • runningmary6
    runningmary6 Posts: 19 Member
    You did it! Way to go. By the way, you never "don't have anyone to tell", you have us. We will celebrate those miles along with you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!