So I have a workout plan. What do you think?

Options

Replies

• ldilone13354
    ldilone13354 Posts: 125
    Options
    Also NO I don't have a job to go to the gym so I'm not being lazy.yes I've applied but nobody is hiring me.

please can you explain how power walking tones arms... i REALLY need to know!

Can you stop? That was last night.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Also NO I don't have a job to go to the gym so I'm not being lazy.yes I've applied but nobody is hiring me.

i am being serious. i am interested in the thought process behind this, or at least who told you and what their logic was for thinking it. everyone has to learn somehow.
  • leftybadeye
    Options
    Ah man, this thread got really ugly really fast =(
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Agree with the fourth poster (the lady who suggested lifting) Lifting will help tone all your problem areas and help you 'lose the jiggle'.
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    Agree with the fourth poster (the lady who suggested lifting) Lifting will help tone all your problem areas and help you 'lose the jiggle'.

I have stairs in my house and I also own a pair of 5 pound dumbells.
  • ldilone13354
    Options

i am being serious. i am interested in the thought process behind this, or at least who told you and what their logic was for thinking it. everyone has to learn somehow.

My sister.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well I came to give advice but it seems like you've got it all figured out. Best of luck with all your health and fitness goals. :flowerforyou:

Yes this.

But I'll go ahead and throw in that for a young girl who is almost at their goal weight, a mile walk and a 20 minute DVD a few times a week isn't very much 'exercise.' Sometimes I need to walk about 3 miles just to get to the basic daily calorie burn / 10,000 steps guideline since I'm not very active at work. So for me, a 1 mile walk wouldn't even count as exercise. I FEEL better when I do it, especially when I'm crunched for time, but I don't think it's really helping me achieve my fitness goals.
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    Well I came to give advice but it seems like you've got it all figured out. Best of luck with all your health and fitness goals. :flowerforyou:

Yes this.

But I'll go ahead and throw in that for a young girl who is almost at their goal weight, a mile walk and a 20 minute DVD a few times a week isn't very much 'exercise.' Sometimes I need to walk about 3 miles just to get to the basic daily calorie burn / 10,000 steps guideline since I'm not very active at work. So for me, a 1 mile walk wouldn't even count as exercise. I FEEL better when I do it, especially when I'm crunched for time, but I don't think it's really helping me achieve my fitness goals.

To be honest I just want my flappy thighs to become tight. My legs are tight but not my thigh area and I hate it.
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    Guys I'm sorry about yesterday about the whole your wrong thing. I'm stubborn sometimes and I don't like hearing the truth. Basically I know I'm not fat. I just walk to get fit basically and I just want my flappy thighs to get right just like the rest of my legs. Over the years by walking when I was chubby I lost weight and my thighs stayed flappy. I'm doing this butt and thigh workout that is 10 minutes. Check it out. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X663kXIufZI
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    A mile here and 10minutes there won't really do much (well, more than nothing). If you want to see results you have to commit a bit more time and effort. And eating healthy alone isn't the answer either - calories are calories no matter if they're from a "healthy" source, if you eat too many you will gain/keep the weight.
    Make walking a routine. Add other exercise. Do your 10minute video 3 times, not just once. Etc. and count your calorie intake honestly. At your age (and I hope you really are 18) you shouldn't have any problems with skin staying flabby as you lose weight.
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    A mile here and 10minutes there won't really do much (well, more than nothing). If you want to see results you have to commit a bit more time and effort. And eating healthy alone isn't the answer either - calories are calories no matter if they're from a "healthy" source, if you eat too many you will gain/keep the weight.
    Make walking a routine. Add other exercise. Do your 10minute video 3 times, not just once. Etc. and count your calorie intake honestly. At your age (and I hope you really are 18) you shouldn't have any problems with skin staying flabby as you lose weight.

I'm thinking of doing the video 3 times a week and yes I'm 18 years old.
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    Picture of my body in a bathing suit. http://i.imgur.com/uAvHi2f.jpg
    Picture of me in clothes http://i.imgur.com/xfk0Ytw.jpg
  • Oyama2013
    Oyama2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stability Ball Hamstring Curl
    Lunges
    Squats

Also, The 30 Day Shred is available for free on YouTube. All this has really tones the thighs area for me
  • javacafe
    javacafe Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    With all due respect the workout program you proposed doesn't seem like it's going to do much. If you want your workouts to have a significant impact on your body, you need to be operating at an intensity level that induces muscle fatigue in a regularly short period of time. Also, contrary to what women have been taught over the years, workouts that consists primarily of isolation exercises that specifically target the buns and thighs are not the ideal way of working the buns and thighs. Weighted squats, weighted lunges, deadlifts, sprints, and plyometrics are the best way.

Exactly! :-)
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options

From the pic, I think the way your thighs look is genetic. There is very little you can do to change it. Heavy lifting might make some difference. You look good and you are at a healthy weight. Trying to change the shape of one part of your body is kind of like starting an exercise program so you can be two inches taller. It's just not realistic. There is nothing wrong with the way you are now. :smile:

Intensive exercise does have many benefits, so don't give up on it, just find a more realistic goal.
  • ldilone13354
    Options

From the pic, I think the way your thighs look is genetic. There is very little you can do to change it. Heavy lifting might make some difference. You look good and you are at a healthy weight. Trying to change the shape of one part of your body is kind of like starting an exercise program so you can be two inches taller. It's just not realistic. There is nothing wrong with the way you are now. :smile:

Intensive exercise does have many benefits, so don't give up on it, just find a more realistic goal.

Your actually right. It's genetic, my mother has thighs like that but mine look worse because of the strech marks on them. I'm doing 50 squats with my 5 pound dumbells every other day and I'm jogging too starting tomorrow morning. I did 50 squats today with the dumbells and my legs are in fire still.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm obviously eating very healthy and I'll have a cheat meal once a week only. The main thing I want to change about my body is maybe drop a little weight since I don't have much to lose. I plan to tone my thighs because their flappy and they have strech marks so I want them tight and I'll be toning my but too.

This is my workout for everyday,
    Walk beyond a mile in my community every morning and the next day do Butt and Thigh workouts in my house. So for example this day go walking and the next day do my leg workout. Basically one day walk and the next the leg workouts.

What do you think? What's your honest opinion and of course eating healthy.
    For my thigh stretch marks I'm applying coco butter so that's going to help.

Tomorrow I'm starting my leg workout in the morning for the first time and I'm excited. I've been walking everyday so far since Tuesday and I've been eating very healthy.:bigsmile:

Hi there. I thought I'd add my two cents here. I want a firmer, higher butt and toned legs, too. I do a variety of leg/butt exercises for this. Do you have stairs in your house or nearby? Try adding a stair climbing exercise into your routine. Once or twice a week, I will climb my stairs for 30 minutes at a time. I just recently started climbing every OTHER stair, which really boosted the difficulty level. 30 minutes of that and I thought my legs were going to collapse from under me. It was awesome.

I also ride my recumbent bike while I do laundry. It takes about 30 minutes for a load in the washer, and 45 min for a load in the dryer. I play this little mental game where I try to time the end of the dryer cycle with the end of my bike riding. Silly, I know, but it gets BOTH things accomplished.

I also take or do Zumba once a week, sometimes twice a week. And, I'll go for an outdoor bike ride for 45 minutes once a week as well.

I think you have a good start, but I'd put in some more variety if I were you, to avoid becoming bored. Also, from what I have heard, a variety of exercises uses various muscle groups in no specific order. This means the muscles are tricked into being worked in different ways, thereby more effectively working them better.

Speaking of stairs I liv in a two story house hahaha

Get climbing, woman!!! It's a great workout and I have read in several places that it's one of the best forms of cardio out there, as it requires using the largest muscle groups in the body, therefore burning the calories more efficiently than running, or jogging, etc.

Seriously though, ANY exercise is better than NO exercise, right?
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    I'm obviously eating very healthy and I'll have a cheat meal once a week only. The main thing I want to change about my body is maybe drop a little weight since I don't have much to lose. I plan to tone my thighs because their flappy and they have strech marks so I want them tight and I'll be toning my but too.

This is my workout for everyday,
    Walk beyond a mile in my community every morning and the next day do Butt and Thigh workouts in my house. So for example this day go walking and the next day do my leg workout. Basically one day walk and the next the leg workouts.

What do you think? What's your honest opinion and of course eating healthy.
    For my thigh stretch marks I'm applying coco butter so that's going to help.

Tomorrow I'm starting my leg workout in the morning for the first time and I'm excited. I've been walking everyday so far since Tuesday and I've been eating very healthy.:bigsmile:

Hi there. I thought I'd add my two cents here. I want a firmer, higher butt and toned legs, too. I do a variety of leg/butt exercises for this. Do you have stairs in your house or nearby? Try adding a stair climbing exercise into your routine. Once or twice a week, I will climb my stairs for 30 minutes at a time. I just recently started climbing every OTHER stair, which really boosted the difficulty level. 30 minutes of that and I thought my legs were going to collapse from under me. It was awesome.

I also ride my recumbent bike while I do laundry. It takes about 30 minutes for a load in the washer, and 45 min for a load in the dryer. I play this little mental game where I try to time the end of the dryer cycle with the end of my bike riding. Silly, I know, but it gets BOTH things accomplished.

I also take or do Zumba once a week, sometimes twice a week. And, I'll go for an outdoor bike ride for 45 minutes once a week as well.

I think you have a good start, but I'd put in some more variety if I were you, to avoid becoming bored. Also, from what I have heard, a variety of exercises uses various muscle groups in no specific order. This means the muscles are tricked into being worked in different ways, thereby more effectively working them better.

Speaking of stairs I liv in a two story house hahaha

Get climbing, woman!!! It's a great workout and I have read in several places that it's one of the best forms of cardio out there, as it requires using the largest muscle groups in the body, therefore burning the calories more efficiently than running, or jogging, etc.

Seriously though, ANY exercise is better than NO exercise, right?

How many times a week should I walk up the stairs and how long? :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Im surprised no one mentioned that sooner. You cant tone your arms by walking. :noway:

Push ups, body weight squats, lunges all will help if you cant get to a gym currently.

Quit making excuses for not getting to a gym. If getting healthy is important, youll find the time and money.

Lemme see....

Do I pay my bills....or pay for a superfluous gym membership when I can work out at home for free????

I'll take the gym membership, because THAT makes more sense.

Thank you! That was an incredibly rude and insensitive comment. Some people HAVE to make the choice of paying their bills or having gas to get to work rather than paying for a gym membership. It doesn't mean at all the their health isn't important to them.

I agree. Honestly, the thought of me going to a gym to workout is ridiculous. There is so much preening and strutting around by a bunch of people who go there more to be seen and admired by others, than just for an honest, sweat pouring workout.

Some gyms are nothing more than glorified pick up joints. BLECH.

PS: NOT saying anyone on here is one of "those people" I mention above.

Then you're going to the wrong gym.

Correction - I've BEEN to the wrong gym. That's why I workout at home. Around here, it's either that kind of gym, or one that smells so bad from the workout sweat hanging in the air, that I feel the need to scrub my lungs when I get home.

My living room smells like that after I've done a really good run on the treadmill :laugh:

That's too bad that those are your only choices for a gym.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    This certainly kept me entertained while I ate my panini