Where do you notice weight loss first?

Options
My BFF and I were just discussing this eariler today. When she first starts losing it's in her stomach/hips. For me it's in my face/chest. Usually my stomach is the last place! How much weight does it take for you to lose for other people to start finally noticing? It takes about 20lbs for me.

Replies

• brettatk
    brettatk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's usually always my face and then my chest/stomach and it always seems to be noticed after about 10-15 pounds.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    boobs. :grumble:
  • JaimeHolland
    JaimeHolland Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My love handles is the first place I notice weight gain or loss.
  • goodsister
    goodsister Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I start in my stomach area, and I need it to come from my butt!!! But oh well.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    actually I've just really started to notice my weight loss in my spare tire(s) around my gut.

I have two fatty rolls that are my midsection. Lets call them muffin-top and muffin-bottom. I've noticed that my muffin bottom is less dense. 2 months ago if I squeezed it it was firm. Today when I squeeze it I can feel that its softer and more jelly like. I guess its literally melting away.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    The very first thing I noticed was actually my back flab, love handles I guess. Then my waist and stomach shrank quite a bit. And it's noticeable in my face. This is all after losing 50 lbs. Now my legs are FINALLY starting to catch up, and my arms too. Hopefully when I'm done losing weight it will all have evened out. My tummy needs to keep shrinking too... lol
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :sad: boobs
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I notice it in my face and my waist. My arms and back are usually the last ones to catch up! :wink:
  • shipleyak
    shipleyak Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have noticed it in my face and waist first also. I also noticed a change in my legs but they are getting bigger so I am hoping its just muscle forming :)
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    face, boobs and currently my arms! Oh and my fingers, so I'm having to get my engagement ring re-sized! :ohwell:
  • vbanuelos88
    Options
    im guessing my legs.....and face..........my mom says everywhere!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    all my lady lumps. lol
  • eve180
    eve180 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I really don't notice the weight loss until after the first 10 to 15lbs. Everyone else tells me in my face. Recently, I have notice some slackness in my pants...yeah!!!
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Although I tend to carry most of my weight on my bottom half (I got a big ol' J.Lo booty lol), I notice weight loss first on my top half. I've never been that big from the waist up to begin with, so it's a little confusing when after losing 5-10 lbs, two dresses I have that used to fit fine in the top are now loose (they still fit the same in the bottom since I generally only buy a-lines). It's not that I don't mind losing the weight, I just wish it would come off where it needs to!:grumble:
  • mcfake
    mcfake Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    legs and face by far.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Usually my face,chest and stomach. It takes a good 20lbs to notice. My legs are long and slender so some weight on my hips actually looks nice but of course you lose weight everywhere.
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    this is kinda funny but i noticed this time first i lost around my knees! :laugh: i was like "REALLY?!?" haha. but i've also noticed my face looks thinner and my waist. my hips, thighs and arms are my biggest problem areas- of course those are the last places i notice! seems it always works that way!
  • micahman
    micahman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My face is the first place and my chest area. These are the two places I don't want to loose weight. LOL And about people noticing your weight lost it really depends on your size. The bigger you start out at the least likely to show quick. But don't let that stop anybody. Pay attn to your clothes and how they fit. Sometimes the scales can be miss leading also. But if you know your doing YOUR BEST don't let nothing stop ya..... '
  • micahman
    micahman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It really is sad and not fair to us women. But that is the way to is. Lunges and Squats help with this problem area. And planks and leg lifts for the stomach.