Anyone here on Slim Fast

2»

Replies

• ishadakhute1
    ishadakhute1 Posts: 2 Member
    i use it a lot when i am busy for breakfast it carries me from 8-10 in the morning and then i have a snack healthy lunch and healthy dinner
  • jksdadams2
    jksdadams2 Posts: 11 Member
    I use Herbalife or Kelloggs Special K shakes when I want something quick fast and in a hurry. Good luck !!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    No. I like solid food. I tried the Cambridge Diet about 2 years ago, and even though I was "allowed" (YUCK) one solid meal a day, it freaking sucked.

Solid food FTW plus it's so expensive why would you not just eat solid, healthy food????
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    in...for the continued slim fast debate ....

here we go ...again!
  • ndj1979
    I do the shake for breakfast and if really busy might have a bar for lunch... They are basically nutritional garbage, so I try not to use them too much, but if I don't have slimfast for breakfast, I won't eat breakfast, so it's better than that option.
    If you research you'll see what I mean about them being nutritional garbage, but if it's the only way you know how to limit intake and track calories, it's a start.

why is it better to have slim fast for breakfast then no breakfast?
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    this has probably been said before, but your body was not designed to run efficiently on liquid - unless there is a medical reason for you not eating properly.
    OK - Slimfast has its uses as an occasional replacement if you are too busy/tired/inconvenient to eat a mail, but it should be occasional only.
    Drinking shakes, eating meal replacement bars etc.etc. teaches you nothing about proper nutrition. For what's in a Slimfast can, you could have multigrain bread with heaps of salad and tuna or chicken breast topped with salsa and a load of grated carrot with vinaigrette dressing.
    Faced with a glass or a plate of food, I know what I'd choose.
    However, I'm not here to berate you and if it works for you, then go for it, but I don't per se, think total meal replacements are a good idea.
    Good luck with your journey.
  • ndj1979
    OP why don't you save your money and just eat in a calorie deficit? All you are doing with slim fast is paying someone to create a deficit for you, when MFP does that for free.....

But if you want to blow some money, I have my own product called bsology and it is on discount for 9.99 right now..guaranteed to lose 10 pounds in 60 days or your money back!
  • babydiego87
    OP why don't you save your money and just eat in a calorie deficit? All you are doing with slim fast is paying someone to create a deficit for you, when MFP does that for free.....
    Because it's the easy way out and no thinking is necessary.

You can't expect to be on shakes your entire life, at some point you're going to have to learn how to eat healthy. Why not do it NOW?
  • ndj1979

You can't expect to be on shakes your entire life, at some point you're going to have to learn how to eat healthy. Why not do it NOW?

mental laziness...?
  • babydiego87

mental laziness...?
    & physical. why cook when you can just open a bottle
  • ndj1979

mental laziness...?
    & physical. why cook when you can just open a bottle

sigh...sad but true, I suppose....
  • happymum37
    happymum37 Posts: 95 Member
    Hi, I've been doing slimfast for a couple of weeks and have lost 4.5 lb so far. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I'm all for a shake a day if you need calories but don't have time to eat breakfast/lunch, whatever.

But you got to eat food. You might lose a lot drinking shakes, but it won't teach you how to eat properly, watch portions etc. So you'll just be more likely to gain the weight back once you switch back to real food.

For a diet to be effective long term, you need to change your lifestyle... so unless you're willing to eat shakes forever, it's not going to help you.