Sushi: Do you like it, or do you LOVE it?

Options
It is interesting for me to learn how many people are on either side of the sushi fence. For me, I absolutely, unequivocally, unquestionably, undeniably, love sushi. Which side of the fence do you sit on when it comes to this very important topic?

Replies

• leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I think Lewis Grizzard, humor/cpolitical columnist for the Atlanta Journal Constitution put it best many years ago:

We in the south have always had sushi.

We call it bait.
  • HisEminence
    Options
    How rice of him!
  • AnnelizabethB
    AnnelizabethB Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love love love it! I now want some :huh:
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I adore sushi! Philadelphia roll is the best.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I think Lewis Grizzard, humor/cpolitical columnist for the Atlanta Journal Constitution put it best many years ago:

We call it bait.

You could be referring to Sashimi...(raw fish). Sushi has rice in it, tho that *would* be interesting to see if a fish would hit on it, lol. :bigsmile:
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    ewww at sushi !
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! we have an all you can eat place here called August 8 that is top quality and amazing. It is my normal "cheat" request meal.
  • CrazyAnimalLady
    CrazyAnimalLady Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Love Love LOVE it! I eat it at least once a week.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I could eat sushi every night. Love eel rolls
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I love it...especially blue crab rolls
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Never had it....I hear the vegan stuff is really good though...I'd like to try that...You can't even get a vegan sandwich here though. It's expensive stuff to make even without the fishies!
  • nblais06
    nblais06 Posts: 376 Member
    Options

We call it bait.

You my friend nailed it!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i could eat sashimi every day. whenever someone tells me they dont like sushi i wonder what horrific child event caused them to be that way.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    What? no hate option? :) Just not my thing, keep trying it wanting to like it and just don't.
  • HisEminence
    Options
    Bump!
  • Rosebudevol
    Rosebudevol Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i could eat sashimi every day. whenever someone tells me they dont like sushi i wonder what horrific child event caused them to be that way.

this... sushi is amazing!
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Good sushi is a wonderful thing. Bad sushi is disgusting. The quality of the fish used makes or breaks it.
  • HisEminence
    Options
    If you love sushi, no explanation is needed!!! if you do not love it, no explanation is possible!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

We call it bait.

You could be referring to Sashimi...(raw fish). Sushi has rice in it, tho that *would* be interesting to see if a fish would hit on it, lol. :bigsmile:

Sushi also uses raw fish (usually with rice, like you said) whereas sashimi is strictly the raw meat. I've caught fish using gum wrappers as bait, so rice should be no problem.

I don't like sushi because I like my meat/fish cooked.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    good stuff