Just don't GIVE UP!!

Options

Replies

• NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Its one workout at a time. One meal at a time. One day at a time. YOU WILL SUCCEED. All of you
    Dave

^^^^^^ This! Well Said.
  • tapdancr2192
    Options
    Bump...new month starts today, and I'm sure there are people who could use this today! :)
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Bumping again for those who may need it. I know this morning I do!!! Argh!!!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Have decided to eat healthy with no calories above what can be worked into my daily count

Still,there are times when it's all a bore,times when I Want to quit,stop keeping track,just eat what I want with no thought

To calories.

But so far it hasn't happened.Posts like yours keeps me slogging away.Have it saved to read whenever needed.Thank you.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bumping again for those who may need it. I know this morning I do!!! Argh!!!

I think a lot of people like me got where they are today because they just keep quitting... I feel so much better when I get my exercise in and make healthy eating choices - something empowering about a little sweat and chopping up veggies for a sir fry... (Not necessarily at the same time LOL)... But all too often the "feeling" at the moment is waa waa waa I am sooo tired I wanna sleep in, waa waa waa I worked all day I just want Little Caesars and some Crazy Bread yeah baby!...

So I have to QUIT QUITTING!! Make the right choice for that moment... sometimes the right choice for the sake of sanity is a little "cheat" meal or a little extra sleep - but it has to be the exception, not the every day thing...

Last night I measured my pasta for dinner - 1 cup, rather than eating it right out of the pot LOL... I didn't cave to urge to binge before bedtime... I got up when the alarm went off even though I had been awake for almost 2 hours in the night... I did 20 minutes on the exercise bike... It's one small step at a time!

I will NOT give up on ME! I am worth the effort. My daughter is worth the effort. The 2 swimsuits hanging in my workout area for motivation are worth it. The 3 closets and 4 totes full of smaller clothes - some with tags still on them - are worth it. Losing 1 chin is worth it. No longer being able to use my stomach as a desk when I am writing a check in line at the store is worth it.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Sigh .......... gained 7 pounds since March or April, which is pretty much giving up I guess. But I'll keep trying again until it sticks.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dave! this is the motivational thread that many need =) *fist bump*
  • breezyleaf
    breezyleaf Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Strong powerful words...THANK YOU!!!!!
  • NewMomNewME24
    NewMomNewME24 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the motivation and the reality check!! Some days are better than others for me so that is all I can do is take it one day at a time.
  • lydialou87
    lydialou87 Posts: 12
    Options
    i needed this too!

Nice one! And consider yourself added!
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This is so very true! Thanks for the post.:smile:
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I needed this today, keep bumping it up! I have been struggling with gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for like a month. Can't seem to break that next level. Time to step it up and push on! :)
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I definitely needed that today!
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This IS IT. I recently found myself thinking "oh, I really want to carry on with this healthy lifestyle thing" and that is fine, I want to eat in a controlled manner and make the right choices and exercise as much as possible, be more active, HOWEVER, so what, if I feel like a bigger meal and a glass of wine to go with it on a Friday night? So what if Sunday is family time and I allow myself to have a piece of dessert. Loosing weight is supposed to be slow, and I have to do the choices I know I'll stick to! so, basically, I'm on a diet, a cereful, planned, worked through diet, but also a pretty chilled out diet.
  • traceyfunk
    traceyfunk Posts: 86
    Options
    What I keep wondering is why we are still using the term "cheat meal" ? If this is a lifelong process, which I totally agree it is .... does that mean every time we have a special occasion, or just enjoy a really yummy and coincidentally calorie dense meal we are cheating ourselves? Or are we just living a realistically sustainable life? It's like it's socially unacceptable to finally feel like we've got it all figured out for ourselves, and to 100% declare it! There's got to be something to criticize. Something to label negatively.

Adultery is cheating, lying on your taxes is cheating, copying answers is cheating..... Going out for a fabulous Mexican or Italian meal isn't cheating anybody.

I'm still figuring it out for myself, obviously having lost only 21 pounds in like 11 months - but life is tough enough without adding guilt and shame to a meal that happens to fall outside of strict "healthy dietary guidelines". At the most I might ask myself - was it worth it? And would I spend those calories on that food again? It's amazing how many decadent foods actually don't taste that good once you've changed your palate. But if it was, like the seafood fettuccini I had at a new restaurant in town that had a whole day's allotment of calories on one plate - then you bet I'll be eating it again - as a choice, not a cheat. With a smile on my face, and peace in my soul.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    *hugs* thank you for existing
  • daveymac1
    Options
    What I keep wondering is why we are still using the term "cheat meal" ? If this is a lifelong process, which I totally agree it is .... does that mean every time we have a special occasion, or just enjoy a really yummy and coincidentally calorie dense meal we are cheating ourselves? Or are we just living a realistically sustainable life? It's like it's socially unacceptable to finally feel like we've got it all figured out for ourselves, and to 100% declare it! There's got to be something to criticize. Something to label negatively.

Adultery is cheating, lying on your taxes is cheating, copying answers is cheating..... Going out for a fabulous Mexican or Italian meal isn't cheating anybody.

I'm still figuring it out for myself, obviously having lost only 21 pounds in like 11 months - but life is tough enough without adding guilt and shame to a meal that happens to fall outside of strict "healthy dietary guidelines". At the most I might ask myself - was it worth it? And would I spend those calories on that food again? It's amazing how many decadent foods actually don't taste that good once you've changed your palate. But if it was, like the seafood fettuccini I had at a new restaurant in town that had a whole day's allotment of calories on one plate - then you bet I'll be eating it again - as a choice, not a cheat. With a smile on my face, and peace in my soul.

To each their own.... I guess:indifferent:
  • daveymac1
    Options
    Bumping again. Maybe 1 person needs to read this today because they are stuck, or just need a little pick me up!
  • sgould625
    sgould625 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love your post. Thanks for bumping it again so I could read it!
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow, great post! I was just thinking how hard I've worked over the last few weeks with no loss and how that sucks. And this post helped reinforce that I just need to keep it up! Non-scale victories are still victories too!!

Thanks - I'm adding you!