• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    embarassed-for-you.gif
  • onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    embarassed-for-you.gif
    God I want to open mouth kiss this person.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I am pick me! pick me! oh wait you already did. here is a link to one of my favorite authors

Its is fiction but look at the guys background in science, his books are to die for but when ever I try to get friends to read them after the first page their eyes glaze over and tell me it gives them a headache. Diaspora is a fav of mine but have read all of his books.

http://gregegan.customer.netspace.net.au/
  • nleighp
    nleighp Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lfqt44z81T1qgrzo9o1_500.jpg
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lfqt44z81T1qgrzo9o1_500.jpg

Then your teacher sucked, 'cause it's supposed to be
    UmpOi.gif
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Oo oo ooo!! That would be me. One of my hobbies is studying quantum mechanics and the cosmos. Because I can. :) I have an entire bookshelf of physics books. I'm very much an amateur, but my understanding is great. I love Brian Cox & Brian Greene, as well as Stephan Hawking's works. My big problem is that I am LAME at teh maths. :P

Fortunately, it appears that as computing moves forward, especially storage, I'll have an advantage from my background of study. :D
  • potatocar
    Options
    I am pick me! pick me! oh wait you already did. here is a link to one of my favorite authors

Its is fiction but look at the guys background in science, his books are to die for but when ever I try to get friends to read them after the first page their eyes glaze over and tell me it gives them a headache. Diaspora is a fav of mine but have read all of his books.

http://gregegan.customer.netspace.net.au/

Hooray, Ophie! I shall read it.
  • potatocar
    Options
    Oo oo ooo!! That would be me. One of my hobbies is studying quantum mechanics and the cosmos. Because I can. :) I have an entire bookshelf of physics books. I'm very much an amateur, but my understanding is great. I love Brian Cox & Brian Greene, as well as Stephan Hawking's works. My big problem is that I am LAME at teh maths. :P

Fortunately, it appears that as computing moves forward, especially storage, I'll have an advantage from my background of study. :D

I suck *kitten* at maths myself, high five :D
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Can I play, too? Physics is one of those things I've always wanted to know more about. On a related note, I did take calculus for fun last fall. :-)
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "Why does E=mc2 and why should we care", so count me in.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite books is A Brief History of Time. I like reading about the Standard Model. I want to understand quantum dots. I want to know if the cat is dead or alive.

Yes, I like astrophysics.

Tom
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I'd love some pals who are interested in (or studying) physics. Anyone? :D

I was just talking to some of my nerdier friends about how we should really work on improving our knowledge of physics and mathematics. Then I see this post and look who it is. Potatocar!!!! It is like you just keep getting cooler every single time I see something you have posted.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am interested in Physics. Science has always been an interest of mine. I studied Biology and Dance. My first college adviser was the physics teacher and he helped co-teach a choreography class about dance and physics. I married an experimental plasma physicist, he is the principle designer working on Fusion energy. I've known him for 17 years and he teaches me physics all the time.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm very much an amateur, but my understanding is great. I love Brian Cox & Brian Greene, as well as Stephan Hawking's works. My big problem is that I am LAME at teh maths. :P

^^^This :drinker:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I like it alright... but I am a physics failure... physics is the reason I'm not a meteorologist... and even then I have my crappy trig professor to blame on that one.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    in...

...for the Meissner Effect!

j9bVtX4.gif
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm no astrophysicist, but I play one on TV (in my mind). I think the following sample of my weekly watch list will vouch for me:
    • The Universe
    • Through the Wormhole
    • Outrageous Acts of Science
    • How The Universe Works
    • Wonders of the Universe

*ETA: My senior year science fair project in superconductivity helped earn me a 2 year full ride college scholarship.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Remember, folks: Gravity isn't just a great idea, it's the LAW.

And....physics joke of the day (let's see who gets this one):

Q. Why did the chicken cross the mobius strip?

A. To get to the same side

And lastly, in regards to math, it's important to note that 10 out of every 6 people don't understand fractions or ratios.

Jussayin'
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

You forgot about Michio Kaku!

I am a Mechanical Engineer by education and trade, but I love physics. Especially quantum mechanics and particle physics. And am even good at the maths (minored in Mathematics). My cat is named Tori Schrödinger :wink: