Is distilled water really supposed to "clean out" the body?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Actually distilled water is stripped of minerals normally found in "natural" water. The body will "extract" these minerals from your body. Also, distilled water loses it's pH buffering capacity. Because of this, carbon dioxide can be readily sorbed into the water causing the pH to dip below 7 which if you drink enough distilled water can result in calcium leaching from your bones to make up for the difference. Finally, the WHO has reported an increase in childhood tooth decay because more kids are drinking bottled water rather than tap water where most major municipalities flouridate the water (usually concentrations less than 4ppm because higher concentrations would cause tooth mottling and this is the maximum allowable limit set forth by the EPA).

So to answer your questions - yes - distilled water cleans out the body... of essential minerals. If you want to drink distilled water, I would suggest 1 tsp of baking soda per gallon of distilled water. You can't even taste the baking soda.

You forgot the Good part.It REMOVES TOXINS and Excess Minerals from the body.

In...

...to finally receive an answer to a question I've been asking for a very long time:

Specifically which toxins are removed from the body as a result of drinking distilled water that wouldn't otherwise be removed?

You don't have to tell me *all* of them...just *one* of them will be enough.

(I am absolutely giddy with anticipation.)
  • spmcavoy1
    spmcavoy1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 gallon a day and my body is so clean I don't even poop anymore.

YES!
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The toxins were put there by the Thetans who inhabit all of our bodies. A cleanse is needed to remove the Thetans and the toxins.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I think it's good for you if youre a deep cell battery.

Hey on the flouride thought if you live off well water how are you supposed to get that into your kid? I'm pretty concerned about that I'm a city gal and have always had nice teeth which I attribute to tap water, but I live rural now and dont trust the rusty water source I have now.

You can get fluoride tablets. Ask your dentist?

Fluoride is actually bad for you funnily enough. Causes GI distress in large enough amounts.

My chompers disagree. Looks like there is a small amount in Nursery Water. I want to double check with my dental hygienist friend though.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    THIS GOES FOR THIS ENTIRE THREAD

trumped-meme-generator-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid-ef5e0f-480x371.jpg
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    THIS GOES FOR THIS ENTIRE THREAD

trumped-meme-generator-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid-ef5e0f-480x371.jpg

Along with this one: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1035428-living-off-air-water-and-sunlight
  • MikeDasTrainer
    Options
    Do you have a functioning liver? That'll detox ya just fine.
  • jonjhayden
    Options
    ETA...NOTHING is absorbed the "same way" unless it is the SAME thing.
    ALL water is H2O. Unless you've found a way to change it's molecular structure once you drink it, distilled water is still received as H2O in the body.

Anecdotes aren't evidence.

I agree with your point but these statements seem flawed...While molecules of water are the same I would say that different solutions with water as the solvent will have different effects on one's body. I am pretty sure that distilled (pure) water, sugar water, highly concentrated salt water and tap water will have different effects. So while the water itself maybe absorbed in the same way the solutes in the water will be handled differently by the body.

Also I believe that anecdotes are evidence. Hence, the term anecdotal evidence. While anecdotal evidence may not provide significant support to an idea, belief, hypothesis, etc., it is evidence nonetheless.
  • nadz6012
    nadz6012 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Hey on the flouride thought if you live off well water how are you supposed to get that into your kid? I'm pretty concerned about that I'm a city gal and have always had nice teeth which I attribute to tap water, but I live rural now and dont trust the rusty water source I have now.

I've seen bottled fluoridated water for sale. I think you can find it in the baby aisle.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    DISTILLED WATER UNDENIABLY RESULTS IN A LONGER LIFE

...in automotive batteries and cooling systems.

And irons...don't forget those.

Yes...I am still one of the few that actually irons yet. LOL
  • davidyung88
    davidyung88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Strong bro science is strong
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Must we complicate water? Really?

Drink the water. Water is good. It needs no help to be more appealing.

Well...maybe this much help:
    tumblr_m0qcblIBaW1qz72b4o1_500.gif

But that's the limit really.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ALL water is H2O. Unless you've found a way to change it's molecular structure once you drink it, distilled water is still received as H2O in the body.

I agree with your point but these statements seem flawed...While molecules of water are the same I would say that different solutions with water as the solvent will have different effects on one's body. I am pretty sure that distilled (pure) water, sugar water, highly concentrated salt water and tap water will have different effects. So while the water itself maybe absorbed in the same way the solutes in the water will be handled differently by the body.

Also I believe that anecdotes are evidence. Hence, the term anecdotal evidence. While anecdotal evidence may not provide significant support to an idea, belief, hypothesis, etc., it is evidence nonetheless.

There's a difference between "anecdotal evidence" and "anecdotal experience". She provided no "evidence", just "experience".
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    distilled water clean out is total BS. save it for your clothes iron

i could give a long scientific explanation but ....

Don't forget:
    Use in your chemical experiments and fish aquarium, too!

And irons, but I just use tap water, honestly, to iron my clothes.,well,,to,make steam in the iron that flattens my clothes.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

You can get fluoride tablets. Ask your dentist?

Fluoride is actually bad for you funnily enough. Causes GI distress in large enough amounts.

My chompers disagree. Looks like there is a small amount in Nursery Water. I want to double check with my dental hygienist friend though.

Funny enough, the city I grew up in put a little too much floride in the water... so much so that everyone (at leat everyone I know) has brown spots on their teeth... needless to say they changed the ppm levels of floride... thankfully we were on a different water system and then well water.

Also this reminded me to get a bottle of distilled water for my neti pot...
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    but it's powerless at ridding itself of "TEH TOXINZZZ!!!!1!!1!leventy!!1!".
    Those toxins will flush out even more if you add grapefruit!!@#!@#!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I saw this on Facebook.
    Your liver and kidneys clean out the body.

Oh, and I saw this on Facebook.

tumblr_mpbn87BaIX1ri1inzo1_500.jpg
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Actually distilled water is stripped of minerals normally found in "natural" water. The body will "extract" these minerals from your body. Also, distilled water loses it's pH buffering capacity. Because of this, carbon dioxide can be readily sorbed into the water causing the pH to dip below 7 which if you drink enough distilled water can result in calcium leaching from your bones to make up for the difference. Finally, the WHO has reported an increase in childhood tooth decay because more kids are drinking bottled water rather than tap water where most major municipalities flouridate the water (usually concentrations less than 4ppm because higher concentrations would cause tooth mottling and this is the maximum allowable limit set forth by the EPA).

So to answer your questions - yes - distilled water cleans out the body... of essential minerals. If you want to drink distilled water, I would suggest 1 tsp of baking soda per gallon of distilled water. You can't even taste the baking soda.

this.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    All I know is it works for me!!!! VERY WELL! I have a list of foods that seem to help me lose weight faster and Distilled water is on that list.

Tell me more about how much you know about physiology!

I love the Human body,anyhow no matter what Physiology teaches,everyone should be their own guide,listen to their bodies,and observe how distilled water is working for themselves.

I wish I could put up the Channing Tatum gif about science without getting a strike for the curse word in it.

You can use this one instead.
    ZiGyS.gif
  • jonjhayden
    Options

There's a difference between "anecdotal evidence" and "anecdotal experience". She provided no "evidence", just "experience".

Agreed...However, some anecdotes can be evidence.